SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure? I don't think so.

Same here lol. I think you nailed it in your earlier post about fear. Not cooperating doesn't necessarily mean guilt of harming HE, but it could be that, if they talk, they may tell on themselves for something else not even related to HEs disappearance.

Something that the LT. said earlier was that 'no one will admit to speaking to HE' after her call to BW at 2:30...so whoever called her or she called or texted at 3:41 isn't admitting it or they don't know who it was...because if they knew who it was they could prove it from the phone records, right?

Yep and I feel like it is that person or people affiliated with that person is who aren't cooperating because we have that info plus the info that there was a 3:41 conversation.
So it wasn't even a one way text or message left. It was put out there as a conversation. Whether that means text or call, HE was in touch with someone.

I think they could say they have phone records but whether or not that person admits to being on the other end of the conversation is another story. We could infer this but can they prove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that with all the national attention, LE got some good leads. Still have Heather in my thoughts & prayers.

Yep and I feel like it is that person or people affiliated with that person is who aren't cooperating because we have that info plus the info that there was a 3:41 conversation.
So it wasn't even a one way text or message left. It was put out there as a conversation. Whether that means text or call, HE was in touch with someone.

I think they could say they have phone records but whether or not that person admits to being on the other end of the conversation is another story. We could infer this but can they prove it?

If they spoke there is no way of knowing what was said, if they texted or had an im conversation then LE knows more. I hope the latter is the case, and it wasn't a phone conversation and only two people know what was said and one of them is missing.

I was hoping you'd chime in :) I was feeling a bit like you did when you first heard the broadcast.

I just had a strange strange thing happen. I went to quote this to respond and must have still had Passin' Me By's post to me last night selected too and the first thing I saw was comments about NG focusing on the phone and purse with an apology for the doubts back then. Talk about a sign.

That said, it was infact NG that had the info! I link below to the video and the transcript where NG confirms it with TE.

Video: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/06/elvis-heather-missing-date-myrtle-beach-parents-speak
Transcript: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

I was pretty sure it was on one of them because I remember thinking "Sure, now that I did all that work defending myself lol."

If they spoke there is no way of knowing what was said, if they texted or had an im conversation then LE knows more. I hope the latter is the case, and it wasn't a phone conversation and only two people know what was said and one of them is missing.

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. Hope that is NOT the case here!

If she dialed a number, the owner of the number may be claiming someone else must have answered...something like that.

I believe her dad knows there is more with the 3:41 conversation...even though it is almost said 'in passing'...very important ...http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/...

Carolina:

Can you give us any info regarding the search dogs? Any hits, what types of dogs used, etc, etc.

I vaguely thought I had read somewhere that the dogs did NOT hit on HE's car and yet there was a vague hit in an old church somewhere.

You know anything?

Amen! Someone needs to be doing some talking soon. It would be helpful if LE posted a list of characteristics of a guilty person, things a friend, spouse or co-worker may notice, something official and it may put some heat on someone.

I just had a strange strange thing happen. I went to quote this to respond and must have still had Passin' Me By's post to me last night selected too and the first thing I saw was comments about NG focusing on the phone and purse with an apology for the doubts back then. Talk about a sign.

That said, it was infact NG that had the info! I link below to the video and the transcript where NG confirms it with TE.

Video: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/06/elvis-heather-missing-date-myrtle-beach-parents-speak
Transcript: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

I was pretty sure it was on one of them because I remember thinking "Sure, now that I did all that work defending myself lol."

The important thing to keep in mind is WHEN this was said...referring to the NG segment.
I never did find the other news article you referenced. FWIW

I could not agree with you more. This will be a cold case unless information is released.

Oh and not to mention the going back and fourth from a couple of WS members. This is why I do not post much anymore.

Until more happens it's just heart breaking.

I've noticed that too ! Just hope that more info is going to come out soon..As time goes on ...the case will get colder ...I know there is a reason the police aren't mentioning the last cell phone ping.....Just scared this case is going to get cold..

Lets see....she texed her dad at 10:30 the pic of her driving stick
called her friend at 3:00 to say the date went great
then called an 'unknown' at 3:45 ? Just wanting to confirm...

Carolina:

Can you give us any info regarding the search dogs? Any hits, what types of dogs used, etc, etc.

I vaguely thought I had read somewhere that the dogs did NOT hit on HE's car and yet there was a vague hit in an old church somewhere.

You know anything?

Nope, I know nothing about any of that. All I know about the dogs is what was shown in the news segments. No idea on any breeds or how they work or any of that even.

And I have never heard this old church thing as verified, I heard as a rumor on here briefly but someone said that was a different case and it kinda died out.

I think the dogs and the church was in reference to murder victim Amber Berbiglia. And then it turned out to be just rumor anyway.

ETA: an article on the next page indicates I may be mistaken about this.

The important thing to keep in mind is WHEN this was said...referring to the NG segment.
I never did find the other news article you referenced. FWIW

Thank you for saying this.
With what you mentioned previously about only Heather, her cell phone and keys are missing, the bolded "WHEN" by you, confirms in my mind that the purse has been found, and if that is correct, it is like the elephant in the room that it is not being 100 percent said that her purse has been found....only in a round about way.
Is it possible for you to tell us in your words that the purse has been found, or was never missing?
Will that compromise the integrity of the case, if you mention the word purse and mention the purse is not missing?
IMOO.

JMO it is never a good idea to take NG as a source, if she is the only one saying a particular thing.

JMO it is never a good idea to take NG as a source, if she is the only one saying a particular thing.

Except in the transcripts it was Heather's Dad that verified this at that moment:

"GRACE: Did they find her purse and her cell phone at the apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: No, her purse and cell phone are missing along with her. Everything else looks to be where it`s supposed to be."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

IMOO.

For a couple of weeks now, my theory has been that of Hikergirl : HE boarded a boat at PTL for a cruise. We were told it was a full moon night and relatively warm for December. I have been on those waters at night and a full moon night is quite a help even with marine running lights on the boat. From that point there are many many landing spots from here to Georgetown or in the northern waterway direction also. All home owners with land and buildings on these numerous bodies of water should be asked to thoroughly check for anything suspicious. These properties along waterfront locations are not even visible from the streets. Most have unmarked entrances, little roads leading from the highway down to the house, out buildings and waterfront landings.

Agreed...each landowner search property along the river. If she was on a boat ride and going to another landing, check at other possible landings like Wachesaw (very popular) for activity on that night. She could have slipped and fell at the dock while getting off boat. Video cameras are not typically at these smaller landings but some may have them. Which friends have boats that she usually goes on...that may help with narrowing down landings (where they are usually docked).

So she DID carry a purse, and it IS missing? Or could Dad have been mistaken? I remember NG hurrying past his reply, almost as if she hoped the purse and phone were left behind, to make the story more "exciting" IMO...whereas taking her purse and phone could indicate leaving willingly. Just MY impression of how NG operates...same as using a photo which makes Heather appear extremely young (the b/w one where IMO she looks fourteen, compared to more recent and presumably accurate ones.)

Again JMO only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member