SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpongeBathHotPants, many paths lead to the same destination.. Geographical profiling or reverse geographical profiling are only two of the many tools that are used to narrow down areas of interest to search in missing/murdered persons investigations.
By combining timeline info/data received during the investigation; cyber forensics/cell phone pings, data from interviews, security cams, receipts, eyewitnesses, search areas eliminated from prior searches, etc.
LE can then focus on priority areas to search..

Imo, if a POI/Suspect has been identified by investigators. Areas frequented by the poi/suspect such as state & national parks/forests/preserves; safe havens, should be scrutinized.

Vanished: Using Reverse Geographical Profiling to location missing persons: By Dr. Maurice Godwin
http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/articles/default.html

Thanks

it is a comment... we don't discuss comments as they are considered rumors. Hope that helps.

And yes to the other question... the FHE page is allowed to be linked to.. just no copy and paste/discussion of comments.

Thanks for the help. I don't like breaking rules...

I was asking for a link to the issue regarding searches and the disagreement.

All is good :) BB has been in the media and we know he is the tent tip guy.

Thanks!

Salem

thank you!

here is a snip

Also, Bill Barrett's close ties with the Elvis' family motivated him to gather as many tips as possible about what happened.

That's why he set up an anonymous tip tent last Friday, which is located near Bob Evans in Myrtle Beach off of 501 by the railroad tracks.

Barrett hopes for similar results to last weekend's efforts, when his team received more than 50 leads about the disappearance of Elvis.

"It has been amazing all the things people have come and given us. Vehicle descriptions, plate numbers, things that they'd seen that there's no possible way they would tell the police," said Barrett.

The goal is to reach people who may not feel comfortable talking to police. Barrett's created a way for them to share their information, and remain anonymous but still receive the reward money if their tips leads to finding Elvis.

"I've already got two leads today, not necessarily leads but guy stops and says ok how about this camera over here did anybody check this one. You know something that is out of the ordinary that we hadn't seen that we can pass on to police to try to help them in their efforts," said Barrett.

are you saying he is a volunteer in a non-official capacity?

Ooo Ooo question? What constitutes a non-official volunteer? MOO for a line to draw between official and non-official would be "does the family/LE/CUE know the person and approve of what they are doing?"

are you saying he is a volunteer in a non-official capacity?

oh, no, not at all. someone asked who he was, and I wasn't sure what I was allowed to say about him, and since he set up the tip tent, the only way I could come up with to describe him was highly involved. if that's wrong, please delete it.

SOCASTEE, is always what I have believed to be the key.

I do not want to say much more, as it is just my own opinion, but I truly believe that everything "starts" and "ends" in that general direction.

I took a glance at that. I don't know why Dick Pond Rd. stands out to me. Must be something I read in the last few days.

Not saying I agree with your opinion though lol

:stop::stop:

Don't bring the facebook drama here. Leave it at the site.

Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeForDetail View Post
He's one of the folks who have been highly involved with the search. The one who set up the "anonymous tips" tent....

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=990261#.UtgmWPRDsuc

The volunteers will be taking any tips, even from those who wish to submit them anonymously all in an effort to help locate the missing 20-year-old.

"What might be insignificant to you, might be the piece of the puzzle we're missing," said Bill Barrett, a concerned parent and volunteer.

Barrett says overnight on Friday they received three tips.

On Friday night and Saturday morning, temperatures dipped below freezing but Barrett explained locating Elvis was well worth enduring the elements.

Screen capture is such a wonderful technique as long as its done RIGHT NOW but DON'T POST IT HERE & just set it aside FOR FURTHER REFERENCE.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

BIG RIGHT NOW

Are there 2 different views for FB or what? I have been using it for years and was fine until now. Yesterday, I could see 'Posts by others'....today it is NOWHERE on that page at all? I don't understand. And I'm sure I will NEVER catch up as everything seems to be deleted the minute it gets posted. I am so frustrated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia