SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it's because it was parallel parked next to the water. PTL doesn't have delineated parking spaces but either way, you'd only expect to see a car backed up towards the water. I can't imagine that many people routinely use that landing of all places, so a non-boat vehicle would definitely be weird.

Just to be clear, we still don't know who called it in, right? Likely just a local who uses it?

I took it to be that the car was parked for several days without moving..the first report came out that a homeowner called it in and said it was there since Monday...then that turned in to LE 'responding' to a call about an abandoned car...so from that I get that someone called it in just because it has been sitting there for a length of time. For a boat landing, any car that sits more than 24 hours would be suspicious.

How horrible to lose your best friend. So sorry. You're a good friend to look further into the situation in order to satisfy that the accident was the true story.

When I lived in VA, outside of and later on Fort Belvoir, my social security number was the number on my VA driver's license. Also social security numbers used to be displayed on the front of our military id cards too.
Go figure!

Thanks Woe.be.gone. It really was a terrible loss! She was such a positive uplifting person. I'm glad that it turned out it was only an accident, but that doesn't remove the pain.

OT: I realized my first post made it sound like she OD'ed. However, she did not. The accident was that she was at a party at a boat landing in our town. It was raining heavily when she left (and she had a few drinks)...anyway she accidentally drove into the river and could not get out of her car in time. I hate that I wasn't there to help in some way, but we always have those 'what ifs'.

She looks a lot like Paige Johnson and Katelynn Markham along with other young petite missing women from this area b

I took it to be that the car was parked for several days without moving..the first report came out that a homeowner called it in and said it was there since Monday...then that turned in to LE 'responding' to a call about an abandoned car...so from that I get that someone called it in just because it has been sitting there for a length of time. For a boat landing, any car that sits more than 24 hours would be suspicious.

I am wondering if she met someone there on Monday, and someone saw her car there at that time, then on Tuesday she had a date, and her date said her car was in the parking lot at her apartment when he dropped her off.
Is it possible that her car was at PTL on several occasions, and this time that it was reported there, it seems to look like it was there since that Monday since the person that observed the car saw it there on different days, perhaps unaware that the car left on Monday and came back on a different day?
IMOO.

Ok I have a question, if HE seemingly disappeared with no trace (dogs didn't find her scent at PTL) how does LE figure out where to start searching?

She looks a lot like Paige Johnson and Katelynn Markham along with other young petite missing women from this area b

I know what you mean. It seems in a lot of these young missing girl cases, they all are so pretty.

For safety reasons, it seems the only way to try to avoid being a target of a perp these days is to leave the house looking the worst you possibly can. Which of course is silly and not realistic because we all want to look our best.

Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

Police Report

Thanks.

:modstop:

stop discussing unapproved social media

I am wondering if she met someone there on Monday, and someone saw her car there at that time, then on Tuesday she had a date, and her date said her car was in the parking lot at her apartment when he dropped her off.
Is it possible that her car was at PTL on several occasions, and this time that it was reported there, it seems to look like it was there since that Monday since the person that observed the car saw it there on different days, perhaps unaware that the car left on Monday and came back on a different day?
IMOO.

That is what I'm thinking to. HE might have been there Monday night also. Or the neighbor got it wrong, but who knows. But IMO that is really late to keep meeting someone there so this person had to be single...right?

OK I'm sitting on my hands....

That is what I'm thinking to. HE might have been there Monday night also. Or the neighbor got it wrong, but who knows. But IMO that is really late to keep meeting someone there so this person had to be single...right?

OK I'm sitting on my hands....

It could be possible that her car was perhaps seen there on Monday morning, afternoon or evening,not necessarily at the same time on different days?
IMOO.

I saw someone bring up an interesting thing. What was the position of HE's driver seat? Did it seem as though a 5ft tall girl had been driving it, or someone taller?

WS was directly mentioned over on the FHE fb page 26 minutes ago....take a look at what was said. I can't discuss it here, but look please.....not sure how long that post will stay on their page since the family has chosen not to use that type of avenue to find HE.

It's a post in the "Recent Posts By Others" section

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Ok I have a question, if HE seemingly disappeared with no trace (dogs didn't find her scent at PTL) how does LE figure out where to start searching?

SpongeBathHotPants, many paths lead to the same destination.. Geographical profiling or reverse geographical profiling are only two of the many tools that are used to narrow down areas of interest to search in missing/murdered persons investigations.
By combining timeline info/data received during the investigation; cyber forensics/cell phone pings, data from interviews, security cams, receipts, eyewitnesses, search areas eliminated from prior searches, etc.
LE can then focus on priority areas to search..

Imo, if a POI/Suspect has been identified by investigators. Areas frequented by the poi/suspect such as state & national parks/forests/preserves; safe havens, should be scrutinized.

Vanished: Using Reverse Geographical Profiling to location missing persons: By Dr. Maurice Godwin
http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/articles/default.html

WS was directly mentioned over on the FHE fb page 26 minutes ago....take a look at what was said. I can't discuss it here, but look please.....not sure how long that post will stay on their page since the family has chosen not to use that type of avenue to find HE.

It's a post in the "Recent Posts By Others" section

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

I can't seem to see it so may have gone already, or may be because I'm only on my phone. Are you allowed to paraphrase it?

What are the current search areas? Is there a link with the info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia