SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news site that originally posted the Police reports states the HCPD has stated the HE that went to the hospital is NOT the same that is missing. There are two HEs

I want to believe this but Im wondering how well this has been vetted. I am struggling that the time the person left the hospital would allow just enough time for her to then call the date and be picked up to go on a date. So I am struggling believing it was not her. There is always so much conflicting information in cases, i sure wish I could get to the point where I believe it was not her that went to the hospital.

Can someone help convince me the person that went to the hospital really was not her? The time frame fits and the odds of another person with same name going to hospital on that same day just floors me.

Holy cow I missed so much! Peter Thomas Fan, thank you for posting the police report. After reading that indepth, I feel even worse for her roommate than what I originally did.

And I change my mind. Now I do think an ex could be responsible. All along I kept thinking there could be any number of reasons why Heather disappeared. This redacted police report certainly narrows down the choices.

I want to believe this but Im wondering how well this has been vetted. I am struggling that the time the person left the hospital would allow just enough time for her to then call the date and be picked up to go on a date. So I am struggling believing it was not her. There is always so much conflicting information in cases, i sure wish I could get to the point where I believe it was not her that went to the hospital.

Can someone help convince me the person that went to the hospital really was not her? The time frame fits and the odds of another person with same name going to hospital on that same day just floors me.

But the station says it was a different Heather Elvis. If you google the name, you'll see there are more than one in close proximity. There's duplicate names for others in Heather's family too. I think it's bc their family has been there for so long that its a little more common in that area.

But the station says it was a different Heather Elvis. If you google the name, you'll see there are more than one in close proximity. There's duplicate names for others in Heather's family too. I think it's bc their family has been there for so long that its a little more common in that area.

Thanks. I suppose I should avoid thinking about it further unless something comes out to contradict it. Thanks again.

And with the report "printed out" on Dec. 30th, but not released in MSM until today, that gives plenty of time to redact/edit that information.
What about the Privacy concerns for the "other" girl of the same name if indeed it was not the missing Heather. Releasing info that could be of a sensitive nature (although it is not reported why she was at the hospital), is a breach of privacy, imo. Maybe this person did not want anyone to know why she was at the hospital, or even the fact she was there, but now that it is published, people might be inquisitive.
I agree the time frame fits, and the name of all names is the same as hers.
Strange.
IMOO.

I do not think this Heather Elvis was admitted to any hospital then released..I think someone has gotten this mixed up and the focus needs to be back on reality

Right there with ya, Hatfield. I'm not bashing LE, but come on, it's CLEARLY in there, ON A MISSING PERSON'S police report that the MP was admitted/released to a hospital just hours before she went missing. At the very least, wouldn't LE go TO THE HOSPITAL and LOOK at some kind of IDENTIFIER? Get SOME KIND of clarification that it was in fact the person the MP report is about, BEFORE they include that in the report?

So scared for HE! Too many discrepancies, too much weirdness. Where are you, Heather??? Thinking positive thoughts for you, young one! Come home!

(I'll totally understand if this gets removed due to the mistrust in LE on this point.) Sorry :-(

If it was her, and not another girl with the same name, it could have been some kind of scheduled test, too. The first time I had a bone scan, I had to go to the hospital and check in as an out patient because my clinic didn't have the equipment.

ETA: news site confirms it's NOT our HE, so it doesn't matter.

Do you have a link? I've missed it somehow and it might be good to make a big note of it.

Thanks!

Salem

I do not think this Heather Elvis was admitted to any hospital then released..I think someone has gotten this mixed up and the focus needs to be back on reality

It is stated in the report because the initial officer had dispatch contact all local hospitals. The initial reporting officer is the first officer or the officer in charge of this call of service and is doing his investigations on the spot. He probably had no idea that there was another Heather Elvis who lives in Conway during the initial investigation while he was on scene collecting evidence.

[modsnip]

It is stated in the report because the initial officer had dispatch contact all local hospitals. The initial reporting officer is the first officer or the officer in charge of this call of service and is doing his investigations on the spot. He probably had no idea that there was another Heather Elvis who lives in Conway during the initial investigation while he was on scene collecting evidence.

[modsnip]

Thank you for this...

[modsnip]

That's completely understandable. Still begs the question, why didn't they redact it once they knew it wasn't the missing HE, and BEFORE they released it to media? Complete breach of the other HE's privacy, IMO.

Could it be someone who lives in close proximity to PTL?

If it's someone that Heather knew, I think that would definitely be the case. If it were a stranger abduction, however, the perp is probably located in the exact opposite direction and much further away, at least going by some historical attempts to throw LE off via discard points.

If the implications that her purse was found are true, knowing WHERE would create a much more helpful map.. but today proved that LE knows a whole lot more than what they're saying, so I'm even more inclined to trust them about what hasn't been released and why. :twocents:

That's completely understandable. Still begs the question, why didn't they redact it once they knew it wasn't the missing HE, and BEFORE they released it to media? Complete breach of the other HE's privacy, IMO.

Because I'm sure they were concentrating on much more important things at the time and this is only the initial cover page of the report there are so many other parts of the reports that are not available under the freedom information act.

Oh. My. Gosh. I just had an epiphany...

I kept wondering why Nancy Grace kept saying Heather worked at House of Blues. I didn't understand why she left Tilted Kilt out of her broadcasting. Now I see why! She's an ex prosecutor. Maybe she was trying to help generate leads, tips...pointed in a certain direction. At first I thought it was misreporting. Then I thought it wasn't complete reporting. Now I think it was intentionally worded the way that it was to make people question it...to research a HOB connection.

I think you are giving N.g too much credit, but that is just me...

The news site that originally posted the Police reports states the HCPD has stated the HE that went to the hospital is NOT the same that is missing. There are two HEs

Do you have a link? I've missed it somehow and it might be good to make a big note of it.

Thanks!

Salem

Teri037, do you have the link?

FYI: Entity #2's last name on the report is spelled incorrectly. There should be a "C" inserted into it. (I hope this is okay to post).

First name too, although that's a nickname.

But he's cleared & not a suspect anyway, so I wonder if it matters. How does that work? Anybody know? It looks like the other names are spelled correctly, but if there were spelling errors of a person's name on a police report that could possibly be charged with a crime, can it effect the case? Is that possible?

I'm going to go with the married man/jealous wife theory here. JMO. PTL is a place that would likely be familiar to the perp and close to home. I've lived here years and have only heard of PTL in passing until now, never knew where it was. And assuming my theory is correct, I don't think the perp is all that intelligent. Reckless and desperate, more like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220