SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hidden information that isn't really hidden is still out there. Who would you contact to fix that?

I know, it's pretty common in alot of cases. Sometimes I think it's done on purpose to generate leads and public awareness. Other times I think it's negligence. IK who to contact. Would it be the media or the police? I don't think it's the le's job to worry about HIPPA. Isn't that the medical profession's job to protect the medical info? I'm not sure...

CC880, when a media source requests docs via foia, do police stress to them certain info that needs to be redacted, or do they just send the doc electronically & leave it up to media to do the redacting? If its up to the media to redact, can't police request they black mark it instead of a hovering black cloud covering? If not, and sense it's sensitive material, couldn't police do the redacting theirself before handing over the docs, or isn't that allowed? Does foia grant full paperwork without redacted info?

The information is blocked at the police department. However things can be overlooked. And this editors update was released not too long after the initial release. So it looks like everything was corrected accordingly.

With all due respect, and I will drop it after this post, with the hopes I don't get a time out: [modsnip] That's JMOO though.

IIRC the reporter who was on NG spoke about the redacted police report. I don't that HCPD 'just' released this report. I think the journalist has had it for awhile now and just today posted a link to it. [modsnip]

I wish media would print un-redacted report in full, oops...and then correct themselves...so we could discuss it, lol.

He might live with his folks..you would think it would be her apartment considering no one was there

He might live with his folks..you would think it would be her apartment considering no one was there

I think he did not want to be seen at her place, or leave traces he was there.

Oh my goodnessssss......my head is spinning! I have so many questions but am too afraid of a time out to ask any of them. Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

On another note, I was thinking about the searchers. It must be somewhat terrifying to be searching for someone in the middle of no where and not knowing if you might come face to face with a deceased body. Something kind of eerie about it I would imagine. God bless them for doing it.

Sorry for the random question, but I've gotten myself confused on who "Entity 2" is..vs.. "Entity 3"..on the police report?.. If I'm understanding correctly from the officer's narrative he indicates that Entity 2 is the date with whom HE had spent the entire evening, into early morning hours with, and that he dropped off HE at her apt btwn 2-2:30am..

But then who is "Entity 3" and why such very detailed info for him in the police report?..
That's what's got me confused?

And then I get who "Entity 5" is, the possibly violent, ex-bf..and then "Entity 4" is the roommate..

TiA to anyone who can set me straight on exactly who "3" is, and if I am correct about "2" being the guy she was on a date with, and that LE have said is cleared as a suspect??

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

I originally thought early on that she was dropped off at 10:30p and I wrote that it probably wasn't such a hot date for her. Then reading later on it was 2:00-2:30am it must have been pretty good especially having the new bf take a picture of her and forwarding to her dad. I feel pretty confident this guy had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Agreed but, I think his timing is still not that accurate.

HE's first Tumblr post was at 01:53:05am. So, it would have taken 5-10 minutes to settle in, turn computer on (if it wasn't already), and create a post. Say, closer to 1:30ish IMO.

My previous post about possible scenarios was removed, so I apparently overstepped some boundaries. My sincerest apologies to all! Too much thinking "out loud" on my part!
I feel that the answers are right in front of us and it's just a matter of putting this puzzle together properly. My heart breaks for this girl and her family!

Iirc 2 is the date, 3 is the roomie, 4 is a maintenance worker, 5 is violent ex.

Awwh the pipe smoking guy!!! Makes sense now.

Correct the spelling on the report do some looking through her SM and you will get your answer.

I've given a clue on page 1 I think or page 2

I'm confused why you're pointing to him...or am I misunderstanding your post? He was cleared by police awhile ago. However, one of the other male persons listed in the report is a different story. I don't think I'm allowed to say more but can't wait until media starts reporting on it so we can all discuss it indepth.

I'm wondering if the light handed redacting was done on purpose for this very reason - to generate leads and make the public aware. To guard themselves. Plus more eyes can sometimes equal more free help.

Agreed but, I think his timing is still not that accurate.

HE's first Tumblr post was at 01:53:05am. So, it would have taken 5-10 minutes to settle in, turn computer on (if it wasn't already), and create a post. Say, closer to 1:30ish IMO.

Couldn't she have posted to her tumblr from her smartphone or a tablet?..and not necessary a home computer??.. Jmo

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Oops....they are listed in non numerical order. So 3 is maintenance worker and 4 is roomie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc