SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've told about this incident before, but this is probably a good place to mention it again: a few years back, we had a serial killer operating in our little corner of central Massachusetts. He was killing prostitutes from a nearby city and dumping them along rural roads. They eventually arrested the person likely responsible for the killings, which have stopped, but while the investigation was going on, it was pretty tense and scary.

At one point, a name was leaked--someone who had been arrested for a violent incident during a paid sexual encounter. The woman escaped and went to police. Of course we were all sure this was the guy, but they had to release him for lack of evidence. So here he was going about his business. Public reaction was fury, of course, and it got out of control. Somebody attacked him (as he was leaving his house to go to work, if I'm remembering right), beat him up, put him in the hospital with a skull fracture.

Trouble was, it was the wrong guy. Different man with the same rather unusual name. He nearly died and I'm told he still has concussion symptoms that make it difficult for him to hold down a job.

So please be careful when you're looking for clues. Double and triple check. Not everyone is as thoughtful as we are here and mistaken identity can have real and tragic consequences.

There is so much I want to say but cannot :)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: good sense of humor!
Don't ever recall a mess quite like this about a police report...
LE should hold a presser to clear the air, no?

Yep... LE should hold a presser...

And answer all the questions we have here on WS... :winko:

I would be surprised if whatever happened to HE does not involve someone she was close to, or knows or is connected to her in some way. There is the off chance, though, that it was random; someone seeing her out late at night and following following her.

I'd like to say that ████████████████████████████████ and █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ but, I definitely think ███████████████████████ and █████████████████████████ but ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ of course.

How's the weather in your parts? :drumroll:

Thunder and lightning over Socastee last night...and a deep freeze today with continued icy conditions forecast

It appears that CUE will not be conducting the searches this weekend? FB says they are looking ONLY for atv, horseback, hunters, and people with search and rescue experience... to search in small areas directed by LE...I guess they don't want the general public...

It appears that CUE will not be conducting the searches this weekend? FB says they are looking ONLY for atv, horseback, hunters, and people with search and rescue experience... to search in small areas directed by LE...I guess they don't want the general public...

I wonder if it is known where they are planning on focusing the search efforts.
It would be real interesting to know the planned location.

That's interesting, maybe more targeted searches that require a smaller group? I think I recall that CUE didn't search last Sunday either.

I'd like to say that ████████████████████████████████ and █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ but, I definitely think ███████████████████████ and █████████████████████████ but ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ of course.

Well said

I wonder if it is known where they are planning on focusing the search efforts.
It would be real interesting to know the planned location.

Looks like they are being pretty hush-hush about it. Requesting to be contacted via e-mail.

I hope this means they feel like there's a good chance of finding something & hopefully putting and end to the family's not knowing. Not knowing, in itself would be horrible.

It's great to have a light moment when things get intense, this DEFINATELY made me laugh!!

Kind of OT, but carbuff, I must know if the serial killer ended up being the guy whose name was released? Not, of course, the poor guy who got beaten up because of mistaken identity, but the guy who was arrested?

But!!!!!

Nor was her family aware of all that has come to light now before she disappeared

Look folks I know so much information about Heather has been discovered

BUT

I do not Judge her for that and all it's done is made me more involved with wanting to find her and hopefully alive.

Now I know the odds are slim

But if there is any hope left look at what appears to be an alternative life she possibly was living

And a possible obsession with someone in another relationship ??

This would cause someone to go beyond their norm and possibly disappear at their own free will to be with someone ???

I don't know but tonight has brought everything into any dimension

Above, BBM ~ Huh?
As usual I'm lagging behind. When I read this post last night, it didn't make sense to me either. I'll continue reading the thread but figure, due to WS rules, you're not able to explain the dots you think you're connecting. How you arrived at the idea, after reading the police report, that HE left on her own to be in a relationship with someone, is beyond me.
Is someone who is significant to the case missing from the area as well?

Yeah I am kind scared to post too...

Me three!

The admin on FHE FB page posted something 12 hours ago that just seems odd. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. She was thanking all the supporters but I felt it was something that one would post at the conclusion of something. Just very strange. I got the impression that maybe they know something. I'm hoping someone is singing like a canary and heathers family was notified that they'll have their girl home soon.
OR maybe the admin was just being thoughtful and taking a moment to thank the loyal supporters who don't question.

The admin on FHE FB page posted something 12 hours ago that just seems odd. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. She was thanking all the supporters but I felt it was something that one would post at the conclusion of something. Just very strange. I got the impression that maybe they know something. I'm hoping someone is singing like a canary and heathers family was notified that they'll have their girl home soon.
OR maybe the admin was just being thoughtful and taking a moment to thank the loyal supporters who don't question.

I thought the EXACT same thing when I saw it this morning........

We are allowed to talk about the police report. We are not allowed to talk about what is redacted in that report. Why are we working with a report that was further redacted by a WS member?

Googling Horry County Police crime reports brings up the original released report. I will link to it when a mod says it's OK to do so... or you can go find it yourself.

I take it that the mods told you that it was not ok to post the link? I would love to be able to read the original report that was released before the WS retraction were made in addition to the retractions already made by LE.

I attempted to google it, but was unable to find it. :tears:

That occurred to me as well. But I also tend to read into things too much lol. At least I'm not the only one thinking that.

That occurred to me as well. But I also tend to read into things too much lol. At least I'm not the only one thinking that.

I must be a cynic, because I took it more as a slam to those they felt were NOT supporting them...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018