SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's actually not.

From HE's condo, there are several few ways to get to PTL.

1. Fantasy Harbour Blvd. > Forestbrook Rd. > Dick Pond Rd. > Peachtree Rd. (no highway driving)
  2. 501 > Forestbrook Rd. > Dick Pond Rd. > Peachtree Rd.
  3. 501 > 31 > 544 > Peachtree Rd.
  4. 501 > 31 > Dick Pond Rd. > >Millpond Rd. > Peachtree Rd.
  5. 501 > 17 > 707 > Dick Pond Rd. > Peachtree Rd.

Without knowing HE's comfort level on highway driving (I know my wife hates to drive on the highway), I would assume that HE would take route #1 (if in fact she drove there herself). The specific route may also be different depending on her location. Say, for instance, she stopped for gas first. Then, it may be preferable to take route #2.

So, 544 is not necessarily a direct path to PTL.

From Forestbrook Rd., Peachtree Rd. is a short distance away when driving in either direction.

Additionally, Old Dick Pond Rd. is considered 544, not Dick Pond Rd. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

If this has been covered please feel free to direct me....but does anyone know the logistics of her condo setting? If she answered her door or stepped outside to talk with someone, how visible would she and the other person have been? If she left in any vehicle, how noticeable might that have been (I suppose this could depend on what time the activity occurred). I have no perspective on her residential setting.

Also, if a person was leaving her condo in her vehicle, what might the best route to PTL be to avoid drawing attention or being in the car for too long?

Why is there a scanner thread for this case, if there are no scanners in MB? Am confused.

I think there are scanners there, or rather all around there. It just so happens this one particular section has none. I think there's some hope information will pop up on a scanner nearby.

Another parallel to Amber Berbiglia's murder(05/2013), imo.. AB's murder was very personal and rage filled, imo. Combined with victimology and the TK tie.

Imo, when AB's killer is identified, there will be at least two of the many known unsolved missing/murdered female cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry Co., SC solved.

N.Myrtle Beach - Investigating the death of 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia as a homicide - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > N.Myrtle Beach - Investigating the death of 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia as a homicide

IMO I am not feeling a connection between Amber and Heather, unless they had ex-Bf's or other male "friends" in common. JMO

Thanks! I am adjusting the timeline :)

I actually asked in the HE Scanner thread too.

Just sayin' she isn't a VI, and is also the one who said HE didn't carry a purse which contradicted what TE himself told MSM.

Re: above BBM, I was going to say that but I didn't want to start that conversation up again :notgood:

<respectfully sniped for focus>

Great info and sleuthing, bettiepageturner.. Do you have addresses where the moped was stolen & located, also the name of the wilderness area? TIA

I don't know if it has a name or is even considered "wilderness," that was just my impression from the map. Here's another view on Google Maps. The closest named thing is Sterrit Swamp.

As for the moped.. I was mistaken about the location; it was actually off of Highway 15, which I see cuts right through the main strip. eep, dilemma on how to post the rest of the info or if I even should.. It's publicly available information but I don't want to bring in unrelated people's names into it. Should I save the PDF and censor the names? I also have a screenshot of just the summary with no names, but I know screenshots are frowned upon. Plus it would show the case #.

I have T Mobile and, my experience (as an East Coaster in the same time zone) is that, in general, the times are correct. But, there are many times when I look at time stamps and say 'that ain't right', lol. It is a little hit and miss, but I've never found any consistency or explanation for when and why it happens. I just put it down to TM not being a top tier network (IMO and IME). It's a lot less expensive than it's competitors when you have multiple lines so it's worth it for me.

Well my t-mobile bill consistently shows texts as three hours earlier. There is even an asterisk explaining this. Phone calls, on the other hand, are correct according to the timezone the call was made from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, the more I look at the this incident the more creeped out I am. Look at the map and zoom in on Ronald McNair Boulevard. The incident itself was reported in the cul-de-sac of Atalaya Place, which faces Socastee Swamp. Ronald McNair is a straight shoot down Waccamaw coming from River Oaks and looks to dead end across the water from Atalaya, but there's some sort of smaller utility road or bridge connecting the two. Can anybody tell what that abandoned looking place is at the dead end? There are similar structures in the area.. that couldn't be the rock quarry, could it??

It's also 1.3 miles away from Tidewater. Not sure how it's 3+ miles from River Oaks which is a lot closer to Tidewater, but I guess there isn't as easy a straight shoot. This is also a dubious connection since there seems to be a consensus that HE's disappearance isn't related to the remains found or some active SK theory.

River Oaks is 6.8 miles (more than double) from the cul-de-sac, confirming IMO that whatever road/bridge connects there can't be traveled by car. I'm not sure if it's more likely that someone would park in the cul-de-sac and go towards the swamp on foot, or if they would park on Ronald McNair and emerge on foot into the cul-de-sac. So I come up empty handed in terms of the most logical route.

Totally JMO.. boredom on a Saturday morning. So yeah. I know parts of this area have been searched, but I would be pretty creeped out if it turns out this incident or route is related to the disposal of any evidence that night. I highly doubt that will end up being the case. I'm already fairly creeped out most of the time anyway. :dance:

Somewhere there is a video I took at the dead end of RM blvd. It's on yt under CarolinaAsh

Why is there a scanner thread for this case, if there are no scanners in MB? Am confused.

We had been listening to HCPD south dispatch but most areas of interest are outside that area now.

I am loathe to add these to the timeline because the posts can be queued.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Rewards have not helped in many cases at all...those "in the know" can't claim them. And anyone with too much information probably has some degree of guilt. I wonder, though, if a relative can claim a reward? JMO rewards make people look twice at a poster, mostly, which is not a bad thing in itself.

I think a person or persons may be more likely to recall details of the time in question once a POI name or possible vehicle description is out there. Hoping this happens soon...maybe a reward can be claimed in this way, by an innocent witness.

JMO

Having a reward is better than not having one, though. One more tool to bring in the perp. Yes, most of the time the reward does not help in its PRIMARY function and that is to motivate someone to come forward.

A reward has a secondary purpose and how it succeeds is probably not known, because it is too subjective. That is to let the perp know that NOW it is not only LE that is hunting him, but almost anyone. And now the pressure steps up on him or her and when the pressure is on people are more prone to make mistakes.

AND if that person is reading this, they need to know almost all of Horry County is coming for them.

Regarding the car parked oddly, I would park on a diagonal to see who was coming down the road too.

I was just thinking out loud and about Social Media **in general** (just hypothisyzing):

People think that if someone writes a controversial comment on Social Media which sheds some element of truth to an incident or investigation that it can be used against them in court. At first glance, it may appear to aid LE and get a conviction down the road or at least help to narrow a POI. And that is true. However, people shouldn't get too happy about this, and I'll tell you why....

Think about it: a comment on Social Media can be used to work against an investigation if it is stated that a suspicious person (and their DNA) should be located in a particular spot (and why it would be there) that is being criminally/forensically evaluated. Therefore, the Social Media post can give a "forensic alibi" for someone if their DNA shows up in a location it shouldn't be, in a sense. It is a very clever strategy to get a possible POI off-the-hook, so to speak.

This is my theory and it pertains to Social Media in general. Social Media is a relatively new venue that we must now explore within the judicial/criminal system. It adds an interesting layer to an already over-worked law enforcement agency all over the world. It can be your friend or be your foe when it comes to an investigation, I think.

ykwim?

All moo

Seems weird to me that you'd engage a brand new date in sending a picture to your dad.
In my day, that would be like being out on a first date and telling the guy 'wait, let's call my dad'. Strange.

I wouldn't mind. A chance to earn brownie points with the dad!!!

Just thinking out loud about the car being found at PTL with no HE scent found. If HE got picked up by someone at her condo and then things went wrong I wonder if the would have moved her car to PTL so that if someone spotted her leaving with said they could say "I dropped her off and she must have left on her own." Oh and I am NOT implying that her date had anything to do with it. I truly feel terrible for him and don't think that he had anything to do with this.

Having a reward is better than not having one, though. One more tool to bring in the perp. Yes, most of the time the reward does not help in its PRIMARY function and that is to motivate someone to come forward.

A reward has a secondary purpose and how it succeeds is probably not known, because it is too subjective. That is to let the perp know that NOW it is not only LE that is hunting him, but almost anyone. And now the pressure steps up on him or her and when the pressure is on people are more prone to make mistakes.

AND if that person is reading this, they need to know almost all of Horry County is coming for them.

Pretty sure that person is reading or someone that knows something is reading this! And to add to your eloquent statement about Horry County coming for them...not only is Horry County coming for them, but when they get them there is not going to be any sympathy for them. If they want to soften some of the hearts here they need to step up and do the right thing. Tell what you did and what you know!!

Another parallel to Amber Berbiglia's murder(05/2013), imo.. AB's murder was very personal and rage filled, imo. Combined with victimology and the TK tie.

Imo, when AB's killer is identified, there will be at least two of the many known unsolved missing/murdered female cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry Co., SC solved.

N.Myrtle Beach - Investigating the death of 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia as a homicide - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > N.Myrtle Beach - Investigating the death of 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia as a homicide

Thank you. Ambers case is very disturbing and I had not heard of it before HE going missing. IMO it is very eerie that both girls worked at Tilted Kilt and the time frame is too close to overlook and pass off without a second or third look. These girls likely ran in the same circle of food and bev people and came into contact with the same patrons, employees and crowd.

I hope and pray that LE is already on top of any possible connection. Do we know if any DNA was found with Amber? The info I have read on Amber is vague and I just have not had the time to devote to any "digging".

If we could only find Heather and bring her home to her family and loved ones. The Elvis family needs answers. Ambers family deserves answers.

JMO

I wouldn't mind. A chance to earn brownie points with the dad!!!

Not to mention that all the date did was snap a photo, not like he called pops and chatted. And when people get excited about things they do things that may seem crazy. On DH and I's first date (and it was a blind date that lasted 13 hours may I add) we had someone take a picture of us just in case it worked out so we would have it.

Just thinking out loud about the car being found at PTL with no HE scent found. If HE got picked up by someone at her condo and then things went wrong I wonder if the would have moved her car to PTL so that if someone spotted her leaving with said they could say "I dropped her off and she must have left on her own." Oh and I am NOT implying that her date had anything to do with it. I truly feel terrible for him and don't think that he had anything to do with this.

Or his own house....or anywhere else for that matter....possible car was just moved there to throw off investigation not necessarily that she met anyone there or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasadams106048