SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather's sister has spoken out on several occasions on video in the media.

She has. I would expect she would be interviewed, as would her father and mother. After all, they are the family and they are the ones making pleas for information and for help.

What you seem to be missing is that her sister is not a witness. The roommate and the date are. Therefore, they don't share what they know with the media until LE clears it. At least, that is what my thinking would be.

Her brother spoke out via SM

And as most of us know, we couldn't stop her friends from speaking out if we tried.

Her brother is also not a witness. I haven't seen any media where her friends are speaking out. Link? I've seen her family speaking out, and friends of the family...but not any witnesses. The question was why the date was not speaking out. My opinion is that he has been told not to, as has her roommate.

She has. I would expect she would be interviewed, as would her father and mother. After all, they are the family and they are the ones making pleas for information and for help.

What you seem to be missing is that her sister is not a witness. The roommate and the date are. Therefore, they don't share what they know with the media until LE clears it. At least, that is what my thinking would be.

Her brother is also not a witness. I haven't seen any media where her friends are speaking out. Link? The question was why the date was not speaking out. My opinion is that he has been told not to, as has her roommate.

Her brother and friends posts are on FHE fb page in the comments by others.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Her brother and friends posts are on FHE fb page in the comments by others.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Yes, I know that. I have read them. Again, her brother is NOT a witness. He can talk all he wants and say whatever he wants.

Witnesses can't, not if they are told by LE not to. There is a difference between her brother saying what he knows or has heard and her roommate and the date..both of who are key witnesses and have information that will be used in court. They are the ones who will eventually be sitting on a witness stand telling a jury what happened on the night she went missing....they cannot talk to the media and risk the chance of compromising evidence. Her brother...he probably will never be on the witness stand...he'll be sitting in the courtroom behind the prosecutor.

The question was 'why is her date not speaking to the media"....and all you are focused on is that I said only her father has. I think you have missed the point entirely.

I wish Heathers last date would come forth and speak out...Maybe she mentioned something...anything ! I don't understand why he doesn't come forth to the media....after all...Wasn't he the last person to actually 'see' Heather?

Why? According to TE, he's gone so far as to take a polygraph test and been cleared.

I am sure he has told LE everything he knows, why would he willingly choose to talk to the media during an active investigation... so random wackos can continue to question him? I am sure his life has not been a picnic since she disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arg...WS so frustrating this week...takes forever to get on here. Forgot my point.

Her brother is also not a witness. I haven't seen any media where her friends are speaking out. Link? I've seen her family speaking out, and friends of the family...but not any witnesses. The question was why the date was not speaking out. My opinion is that he has been told not to, as has her roommate.

BBM - Totally agree, in fact if I were the date I would be keeping as low of a profile as possible. He spent several hours with HE just before she disappeared and may have more info than we think. What if there were endless attempts to contact HE via cellphone during their date and she commented about the situation to him. He and the roommate could become HE's voice in a courtroom.

Why? According to TE, he's gone so far as to take a polygraph test and been cleared.

I am sure he has told LE everything he knows, why would he willingly choose to talk to the media during an active investigation... so random wackos can continue to question him? I am sure his life has not been a picnic since she disappeared.

He probably fears for his life. I know I would.

Regarding the car parked oddly, I would park on a diagonal to see who was coming down the road too.

The way the car was parked, the driver in HE's car would definitely see headlights as they approached down towards the boat launch/ramp. If the approaching car pulled almost onto the ramp, HE's headlights would shine on the passenger door of the other car.

I took what you wrote literally, as you did not use the word witness.
This is what you wrote:
"Other than her father, no one is speaking out. Not the roommate, not the date. I would bet my last dollar LE has told them not to talk to the media."

So when you say what I seem to be missing is that her sister is not a witness. No, what seems to be missing IS the word witness.
Sorry I did not comprehend what you meant.

IMOO.

I find BB's most recent post to FHEFB strange... Doesn't he have direct access and not have to rely on PMs?

I took what you wrote literally, as you did not use the word witness.
This is what you wrote:
"Other than her father, no one is speaking out. Not the roommate, not the date. I would bet my last dollar LE has told them not to talk to the media."

So when you say what I seem to be missing is that her sister is not a witness. No, what seems to be missing IS the word witness.
Sorry I did not comprehend what you meant.

IMOO.

I think that we are all getting very frustrated and it is starting to show. We need to keep in mind that our goal here at WS is to bring Heather home. Whether that means alive or (God forbid) dead it is a COMMON goal. Please remember that as we post. I believe that WS is a very valuable resource and I know we all mean well. :peace:

I find BB's most recent post to FHEFB strange... Doesn't he have direct access and not have to rely on PMs?

Really! I was just looking at the FB and saw that. Had the same thought. It was in all caps as if urgent. MOO

I think that we are all getting very frustrated and it is starting to show. We need to keep in mind that our goal here at WS is to bring Heather home. Whether that means alive or (God forbid) dead it is a COMMON goal. Please remember that as we post. I believe that WS is a very valuable resource and I know we all mean well. :peace:

I agree. It is time to post a picture. I am not good at that. Can someone post the lovely family beach picture that was in a recent article. i think that says it all. What will it take to make this family whole again?

Yes, I know that. I have read them. Again, her brother is NOT a witness. He can talk all he wants and say whatever he wants.

Witnesses can't, not if they are told by LE not to. There is a difference between her brother saying what he knows or has heard and her roommate and the date..both of who are key witnesses and have information that will be used in court. They are the ones who will eventually be sitting on a witness stand telling a jury what happened on the night she went missing....they cannot talk to the media and risk the chance of compromising evidence. Her brother...he probably will never be on the witness stand...he'll be sitting in the courtroom behind the prosecutor.

The question was 'why is her date not speaking to the media"....and all you are focused on is that I said only her father has. I think you have missed the point entirely.

It's possible that LE hasn't said anything about the date talking to the media or not, but the date is just smart, and realizes that no one knows his name, when you google it, nothing about this case comes up, no one is digging into his background, etc. He would have to love attention to talk to the media.

Something new happened seconds after I pulled up the page. DR reposted. I love that woman.

BB's is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member