SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
..LOL as if today's technology couldn't unravel it, especially when it's the work of an amateur

You know that reminds me of something.........
I wonder if they would try to get around that by taking a picture of a picture? Like photoshop a photo, print it, then take a new photo of it, then that new photo would have all the current data on that.
The reason it reminds me of something is that I recently took photos of slides. It is costly to have slides professionally made into photographs or even digitally, so what I did was put up the screen for the projector in the living room in the evening, turned on the projector, and I was able to use our digital camera to take photos of those slides. The lighting was perfect in the room and those slides from the 1960's thru the 1980's that I made into prints and onto a CD look great! You wouldn't even know I took a photo of the slide on the projector screen.
IMOO.

I wish Heathers last date would come forth and speak out...Maybe she mentioned something...anything ! I don't understand why he doesn't come forth to the media....after all...Wasn't he the last person to actually 'see' Heather?

He may have been told not to or he may be reeling and not know how to act .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I wish Heathers last date would come forth and speak out...Maybe she mentioned something...anything ! I don't understand why he doesn't come forth to the media....after all...Wasn't he the last person to actually 'see' Heather?

No, the perp was! The date is not a suspect. He is young and probably freaked out. If he were my son I would not encourage media contact.

MOO

Am trying, but unable to come up with any realistic scenario that would bring her home alive. :(

I know there are the few "miraculous" cases...but this feels personal to me, and those cases never seem to end well.

I just hope it ends, soon.

One detail I noticed brought forth in TE's article, is that HE went to Costa Rica three years ago.
Therefore, she should have a valid passport.
If she was 16 or 17 when she applied for the passport, it would be valid for five years.

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/passport-for-16-or-17-year-old.html

Of course, her passport may have been found in her dresser drawer.

OK, I finally found the post. Posted by Mysterons23 in Thread #2, post #335. HOWEVER, I have point out that even this was Mysterons23's OPINION based on what was being put out on the news at the time. This is only attempt I know to try sketch out a position of the vehicle. And now after reading more, I believe it might be oriented toward the water like that, but off to the right more.

Attachments

• PTL ramp.jpg
    PTL ramp.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 104
I wonder why the Missing Persons Poster showed older photos of HE? She had changed her looks and body shape from gaining a few pounds. Still beautiful but older looking. Myself would not recognize her from the TKilt photo to the learning the stick shift truck photo.
JMOO

No, the perp was! The date is not a suspect. He is young and probably freaked out. If he were my son I would not encourage media contact.

MOO

my thoughts exactly! my 20 yr old would be freaked out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm not getting what TE says where the car was found and where you're saying it was and in what position it was found....

A single line three-fourths of the way down the text. Count each little paragraph as one line; TE's statement is line 16.

Then, I saw an illustration too but I'd have to look for the source.
There's a picture showing how the car was parked somewhere, headlights facing the ramp but parallel to the water (not straight on as it would be if the car was ready to drive down the ramp).

You know that reminds me of something.........
I wonder if they would try to get around that by taking a picture of a picture? Like photoshop a photo, print it, then take a new photo of it, then that new photo would have all the current data on that.

In that scenario... where is the bold part above? It is on the computer.

I wonder why the Missing Persons Poster showed older photos of HE? She had changed her looks and body shape from gaining a few pounds. Still beautiful but older looking. Myself would not recognize her from the TKilt photo to the learning the stick shift truck photo.
JMOO

quite a few people feel the same way as you but the truck photo is a profile not really conducive to say recognizing someone on the street or in a car at a drive thru. I do feel they should have released pictures of her tattoos,phone,watch. Not sure if she was wearing the same clothes as she had on for her date. Her hair color also should have been part of her description,imo.

In that scenario... where is the bold part above? It is on the computer.

Photoshop on a computer, print that out from I-Photo or whatever a person has on their computer for photographs, then take a digital camera photo of it.
Then the new photo would be in the camera. It could then be downloaded right back into I-photo in that computer or a different computer. Now if LE confiscates That Particular computer perhaps LE could get the Real info of the photoshopping, (and deletion) and would know that the person was trying to pull a fast one perhaps....
IMOO.

quite a few people feel the same way as you but the truck photo is a profile not really conducive to say recognizing someone on the street or in a car at a drive thru. I do feel they should have released pictures of her tattoos,phone,watch. Not sure if she was wearing the same clothes as she had on for her date. Her hair color also should have been part of her description,imo.

I know about the profile shot, but someone had to have a recent better photo of her from a Birthday party? Thankgiving? Salon? Yes her watch etc.....

Regarding the tattoo, maybe it is not a permanent one. If so, that may be why it has not been released with photo. I think it was a temporary tattoo. I read this somewhere. Tattoo and a question mark beside it and the word “henna”.

http://parentingteens.about.com/od/teenculture/f/teentattoo.htm

Henna tattoos are non-permanent dying or staining on the top layer of skin using a henna paste product, the process is called Mehndi.

The phone and watch yes I agree.
The tattoo, I agree - henna tattoo last a few weeks.
It is big and noticeable on her left inner forearm.

A single line three-fourths of the way down the text. Count each little paragraph as one line; TE's statement is line 16.

Then, I saw an illustration too but I'd have to look for the source.
There's a picture showing how the car was parked somewhere, headlights facing the ramp but parallel to the water (not straight on as it would be if the car was ready to drive down the ramp).

parked sideways .....but nowhere have I found where was it parked in that position and which way (east or west) it was facing
I say west ,so the driver is closest to peachtree Rd.(doesn't have to walk around the car)

I think the photoshop comments illustrate how a person could create an alibi if they were deemed a suspect or person of interest, and they could use a photoshopped photo of their self and/or with others as physical proof that they were not in the vicinity where a crime was committed.
IMOO.
I could see a suspect thinking that might work, but LE wouldn't even entertain a photo as an alibi. If the photo was of someone in a hotel room or a theme park for example...I think LE would use more than a photo to verify if the suspect was really there. MOO

Other than her father, no one is speaking out. Not the roommate, not the date. I would bet my last dollar LE has told them not to talk to the media.

I could see a suspect thinking that might work, but LE wouldn't even entertain a photo as an alibi. If the photo was of someone in a hotel room or a theme park for example...I think LE would use more than a photo to verify if the suspect was really there. MOO

Other than her father, no one is speaking out. Not the roommate, not the date. I would bet my last dollar LE has told them not to talk to the media.

Heather's sister has spoken out on several occasions on video in the media.

parked sideways .....but nowhere have I found where was it parked in that position and which way (east or west) it was facing
I say west ,so the driver is closest to peachtree Rd.(doesn't have to walk around the car)

I'm looking for the picture. If I find it, I'll post it.
I don't know east or west unless I have the map but picture this ~

When you enter/drive into the boat launch area, you'd be headed straight into the water.
When you reach the area of the ramp, but before you do, turn right and then make a U-turn towards the water pulling over to the edge as you do. Stop the car several feet short of the ramp (now you're facing the ramp). Driver can exit the car and walk into the woods, passenger can open their door and walk into the water without going around the car. The driver would have to walk in front of or behind the car to go to the edge of the water.

Does this make sense?

I was just looking at Heather's tumblr http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com

One of her last posts, was:
If I could go back to the day we met,
I am sorry but I would turn around and walk the other way.

She was posting on Tumblr from about 1:50-2:09 am.
This must have been just after she got home from her date.
I am not implying that the post I referenced above was inspired by her date, I think it was an ex, not the date.

Wish we could go back in time and tell Heather to please turn around and walk away from this person immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite