SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on # 2 (see post above) but is there an MSM link for the parent's address? TIA.

Sorry, I'm sure I read it somewhere but I don't have a note of it. If I can pin it down, I will get it to you.
MSM said she was there to pick up mail before going on her date that evening ........

MAp is working fine btw. Looking good.

could that be interpeted as the last person to of contacted her , started contacting her at 3 a.m. ?
Interesting thought. Considering the wording "around 3 am" can be interpreted as anything from 3:00 to 3:59 by various people (I consider $9.99 to be $10.00, my sister considers it $9.00-yeah, her checkbook never balances) , I don't think your thought is out of line....

I can't see everything as I don't have FB.
From what I can see, some people aren't mincing words over there!

tarpu9.jpg

PeterThomasFan...

:yourock:

As an aside as I'm trying to get the #$%^ maps to load, I have to guess that they used those times to encapsulate everything from the pictures she sent of her driving the stick (the last known picture of her alive) to whatever time her cell phone might have pinged last. (possibly allowing around hour or so on either side). The wording is important when you read what is written. The news reports say her last known CONTACT with anyone was around 3:00am. Not that it was the last ping from the phone, but the last known contact she had with anyone. So the phone MIGHT have pinged after that time. It's like her last known location is at home, but that doesn't mean that is the last place she was at.

Could that be the last time she verbally communicated with someone? That was my first thoughts when I read it. When you text, you really don't know who is on the other end.

Would reporting on what someone said on FB be too tabloid-y for the MSM media?

Sadly, I agree with you and it breaks my heart. :cry:

LadyHawkke, my own heart goes out to you and all of your family. Please know you are in my thoughts each day and I've thought of Heather each and every day since I first heard about her disappearance.

Does anyone know if there is a link to a scanner for LE ( some cases had real time scanner links) Or is there any locals that have a scanner?

It's like a trainwreck, and sadly, that page is losing "Likes."

Earlier, it had 35,000 something likes, and now it's over 36,000??

It's crazy how much the page changed in a day. It was very controlled before, seemed that no discussion of theories, facts, and rumors was going on. Posts being deleted. Boy did that change.

Earlier, it had 35,000 something likes, and now it's over 36,000??

It's crazy how much the page changed in a day. It was very controlled before, seemed that no discussion of theories, facts, and rumors was going on. Posts being deleted. Boy did that change.

It's gone up and down all night long. It was up over 36100 and then went back down to 35000 something. Now it's back at exactly 36100.

It's a free-for-all right now and a scary one!

It's gone up and down all night long. It was up over 36100 and then went back down to 35000 something. Now it's back at exactly 36100.

It's a free-for-all right now and a scary one!

I wonder if LE is telling them not to delete ANY posts on the page. Under the post about no searches except CUE, there's people very critical of it, and their posts have been up for hours. Knowing how the page was run before, these posts don't seem like they would last.

I wonder if LE is telling them not to delete ANY posts on the page. Under the post about no searches except CUE, there's people very critical of it, and their posts have been up for hours. Knowing how the page was run before, these posts don't seem like they would last.

People need to realize that CUE puts their safety first. I personally would be skeptical searching alongside people I don't know a thing about.

I had that thought too. Couldn't deleting social media posts that knowingly involve an ongoing case constitute tampering with evidence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had that thought too. Couldn't deleting social media posts that knowingly involve an ongoing case constitute tampering with evidence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nope. Not unless LE has a warrant, gives that warrant to Facebook, and FB intentionally destroys the posts.

Even if I delete a post from my FB page, it's not really gone. FB administrators can still retrieve it. That's why you'll see and hear people say that anything you put on the internet remains forever.

With FB, you don't really own what's on your page, FB does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3