SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...how did WS members or other members of the public get the police repor?. I mean if you requested a copy directly...who do you contact? I know that most people just got it from MSM...but other than that is it possible for a non related, non media person to get one of those? Do you have to have special credentials or anything? Reason being, this is the first case I have EVER seen a released police report before court proceedings/sentencing. I am just wondering for my own interest as I would likely request one in several cases that I have previously followed. TIA

I don't know about NC but here in FL, I just go up to the records department and request a copy of a report. If it is close, or they are at a point that they can release it, they give it to me. I do pay for the copies. Also I have gone on line at the FBI site, and printed out the FOIA form and filled it out and they have mailed a copy of what they have. I got information for a case here that was years old and some of it, the family never knew. So, I would say try.

Oh, thanks. So if someone passed the test they would probably want others to know, but if they didn't they would keep quiet. Just musings...

Absolutely what I was thinking!

A question for our legal or LE members: In general, if someone is being eyed by LE & that person lawyers up, would the person's lawyer allow him or her to submit to a polygraph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I can tell you that silence on the part of LE and usually the media has been the long-standing practice in Horry County. After all, tourism is the primary (only) industry. Can't be scaring away the $$ y'know..

:moo:

Criminal activity isn't the only thing that keeps me away from Myrtle. NC has pretty beaches too.

Unfortunately, I can tell you that silence on the part of LE and usually the media has been the long-standing practice in Horry County. After all, tourism is the primary (only) industry. Can't be scaring away the $$ y'know..

:moo:

Yes, CountitallJoy, and sadly the innocent victim count grows so tragically high
that the consequences of past silence is counterproductive to Public Safety and the initial intent.

Absolutely what I was thinking!

A question for our legal or LE members: In general, if someone is being eyed by LE & that person lawyers up, would the person's lawyer allow him or her to submit to a polygraph?

Good question, I hope someone clarify's. I suspect they would be advised to not take it.

Good question, I hope someone clarify's. I suspect they would be advised to not take it.

The only way I would recommend a client submit to a polygraph would be one that is done for the defense attorney (not through LE). If they fail it can be kept private, but if they pass you can tell everyone who would listen. JMO and I don't practice criminal law, as a disclaimer. :)

Question for others, at what time will or would a lie detector be requested? Is this something LE can ask for even if no one has been charged? Or is this something that someone would offer to do to reassure detectives of their truthfulness.

Curious about that, this is the first time I've been so closely watching missing persons case and don't know the protocol. TIA

In cases I've followed, I've seen LE ask for it before a person has been charged. I'm trying to think of a case in which LE asked for it after - can't.
Also, have seen those who have been shown evidence that makes them appear suspicious, or who feel LE is thinking they are involved, will offer to take one to prove their innocence, or get LE to move on to finding the real perp.

Interesting new post under "Posts by Others" from 40 minutes ago

Huh? Why on earth would that person (on www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis) write that ? NOW people will be questioning them. No reason to think they are involved at all. They have been very supportive from everything I have seen.
Yes, what is up with that? I haven't read a single thing about what that particular post mentions. Color me confused...

Boy, I wish I was a fly on the wall in Myrtle Beach today (don't we all?!) to know what is going on "behind the scenes!"

Very intelligent and classy response(s) about WS, :clap: to those who posted.

I don't see squat, feeling really irritated, lol. Can someone pls post the initials by which the fb post was made? Thanks. :)

I don't see squat, feeling really irritated, lol. Can someone pls post the initials by which the fb post was made? Thanks. :)

It was deleted.

Also, the....notorious....post from yesterday was also deleted, by the person who made it. But we know the family was leaving it up, and LE probably told them too/was watching it. So IDK if that person should have deleted it...

A girl in my class is doing the Disney College Program this semester & moves to Florida at the end of this month. For the 2014 spring session, you would have had to apply/interview in September/October.

The only way I would recommend a client submit to a polygraph would be one that is done for the defense attorney (not through LE). If they fail it can be kept private, but if they pass you can tell everyone who would listen. JMO and I don't practice criminal law, as a disclaimer. :)

Thank you.

I don't think we have a timeline yet, but can we talk about the window of time that we think the disappearance occurred? And how long someone would have before the heat was on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98