SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<some people on fb are so wierd....I feel like I'm in some creepy underworld when I'm over there...thank goodness for the awareness, but jeez, the trolls, etc...I can barely keep up with the fb format, the layout, the "recent posts, post by others, recent activity" etc...as stated above by others it doesn't seem have a smooth, user friendly chronological flow, not to mention the print is so small...I get really irritated when I go over there...jmo...thank goodness for WS>

Did I miss something, or do you mean the "landing" versus the "pier"? It could just be a simple word change, but there isn't a pier at Peachtree Landing. Most of the piers in the Myrtle Beach area are on the ocean, while landings are on the river. When a local hears "pier," they think beach, not river.
*edited because I left out the word "area"

Did I miss something, or do you mean the "landing" versus the "pier"? It could just be a simple word change, but there isn't a pier at Peachtree Landing. Most of the piers in the Myrtle Beach area are on the ocean, while landings are on the river. When a local hears "pier," they think beach, not river.
*edited because I left out the word "area"

I don't know if you are referring to my post, but I think so. I mean Landing, thank you. I just think pier when I think of boats coming in or out of a waterway. Sorry.

But I do wonder now if she even drove there now. I have to wonder is maybe she went somewhere else and some thing happened and another person dumped the car for it to be found.

FB is amazing, it's like a scheduled flood gate opens at the asylum, wow. You could almost write a song about it.

I would think if CUE arranged for a search, the cancellation at the last minute wouldn't be because they had to regroup.
I'm hoping this means some progress has been made. They state a search will take place next weekend though so I don't know.

I am confused , I thought we were allowed to paraphrase from Facebook posts. Are we not allowed to paraphrase from this " drama " post because it contains the unredacted police report ? Or can we paraphrase comments made that do not contain anything found in the unredacted police report ? Or is it all considered fruit from the poisonous tree ?

you can link and say see comment

(this case, due to the issues, has had to roll this way)

FB is amazing, it's like a scheduled flood gate opens at the asylum, wow. You could almost write a song about it.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

“a scheduled flood gate opens at the asylum” - an excellent description!!!

I only do FB for WS purposes. Can’t stand FB.

:modstop:

folks: do not discuss commenters or what they are saying on fb. Do not copy and paste and discuss comments from fb. If you see a post that you want others to look at post the link and ask members to look at the comment.

Are we not allowed to mention possible scenarios re: Heather's last phone activity without naming names? My posts keep getting deleted re: Heather's last phone activity. Can a mod please clarify, thank you. :)

Are we not allowed to mention possible scenarios re: Heather's last phone activity without naming names? My posts keep getting deleted re: Heather's last phone activity. Can a mod please clarify, thank you. :)

nope :no:

eta: discussing redacted information in a roundabout way is not allowed at all.

I don't know if you are referring to my post, but I think so. I mean Landing, thank you. I just think pier when I think of boats coming in or out of a waterway. Sorry.

But I do wonder now if she even drove there now. I have to wonder is maybe she went somewhere else and some thing happened and another person dumped the car for it to be found.

Yes, Skully, it was your post. Sorry! I tried to quote it, but I must not have hit the button right. I understand what you mean, but having grown up there, I know people could get mixed up and start thinking another location was involved. No worries!

I also agree with your opinion now that more information has come out. I also think PTL could've been a "convenient" dumping place for someone, too. I know it was posted a while back, and it may have been rumor, that the car seat was still set to her height. I don't know if that was ever verified by verified insiders or not, but I do recall Lady Hawwke mentioning that people were discussing things that weren't released by MSM regarding this, but I don't recall it being discredited by her. Regardless, **if** someone else drove Heather's car to PTL, and **if** the car seat was still set to her height, it's possible her make and model of car has programmable settings for the seat and such. We have a vehicle that has a "1" and "2" setting for the seat, mirrors, etc., and the key fob is programmed to return things to that driver's settings when the car is unlocked. **If** Heather's car has this feature, someone could've feasibly driven her car there and returned everything to her settings quite easily. They could've hit "unlock" and "lock," and voila! Just an idea...

I would think if CUE arranged for a search, the cancellation at the last minute wouldn't be because they had to regroup.
I'm hoping this means some progress has been made. They state a search will take place next weekend though so I don't know.

Hmm...I don't think they need to regroup, either. Perhaps, they are saying a search will take place next weekend, just in case nothing breaks before that time. Tentatively planned...

Also, the FHEFB sky picture: who ever said search helicopters can't hit two birds with one stone (see comments under that pic)??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never thought she drove her car there. I think it was driven there by someone else.

She could be in another county. She could also be right under the noses of people looking for her. I don't know. But I don't think she drove to that location.

I was thinking the search may have been rescheduled because tomorrow is the 18th ? one month mark ? Perhaps there is a prayer vigil scheduled ? or fundraiser ?

I hate to make a joke about it, but this is the "real" Myrtle Manor - unscripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member