SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even to wonder why search is cancelled?

if you are referring to paraphrasing a quote by the admin of the official page that is fine. The problem is with the comments section.

There is still no copy and paste.

I read somewhere, I think the admin of FHEFB page that CUE was coordinating all of LE searches for HE.
LE could say at some point that they don't need their help with a search, right?
I guess I've just never heard of LE allowing another agency to coordinate a search led by LE. Maybe I mixing something up.
If LE was doing a smaller scale search or executing some kind of search warrant (wishful thinking on my part) then it's possible that LE's focus may have shifted and they are the ones who decided not to go with the larger scale search this weekend, right?

Someone more familiar with horry county officers and their relationship with CUE and missing persons searches please jump in and clarify what this relationship is and if they ever operate apart from one another once CUE is called in on a case.

I feel like what I just wrote is very confusing but hopefully someone will understand my question and my speculation about why the search may be called off.

[modsnip] So, I had to sit on my hands with my tail between my legs yesterday, whilst the most important development to occur in this case thus far was exploding all around me. Talk about being on the outside looking in.
:behindbar:
Nevertheless, its truly time for Heather to come home. Whatever the outcome, this poor family has suffered enough and I think its time that they got some answers. I believe LE have enough to at least "make plans" for an arrest, or at the very least, a search warrant or three. It's just a matter of time now.
:desert:

I was thinking the search may have been rescheduled because tomorrow is the 18th ? one month mark ? Perhaps there is a prayer vigil scheduled ? or fundraiser ?

Or maybe they know where she is?

I have not seen anything about a vigil interfering with search plans. The search was hyped on the page as of January 15. Maybe not enough volunteers signed up? It is discouraging to me to have searches put back a week, as I had really been counting on them having specific search areas planned for a reason. :(
Maybe an LE only search will take place?

I don't know if you are referring to my post, but I think so. I mean Landing, thank you. I just think pier when I think of boats coming in or out of a waterway. Sorry.

But I do wonder now if she even drove there now. I have to wonder is maybe she went somewhere else and some thing happened and another person dumped the car for it to be found.

And if the car was "dumped there" to be found.....I wonder if that has any particular meaning, and I say that because the person who called police about her vehicle at PTL mentioned it had been there since Monday, but everyone knows that she picked up her mail on Tuesday and had a date Tuesday night.
Perhaps her vehicle was there on Monday to meet someone and that was "the meeting place".
Maybe if her car was elsewhere, and dumped there by someone, that could be a message to the person with whom she was meeting there, perhaps?
IMOO.

Yes, what is up with that? I haven't read a single thing about what that particular post mentions. Color me confused...

Boy, I wish I was a fly on the wall in Myrtle Beach today (don't we all?!) to know what is going on "behind the scenes!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only just woken up, it being after 7am on Saturday here in my part of the world. Needless to say, I have the scanner on. I dont want to miss ANYTHING!

How could Le know where she is? Either she is found, or missing. Do you mean she made contact? Confused. Again.

And if the car was "dumped there" to be found.....I wonder if that has any particular meaning, and I say that because the person who called police about her vehicle at PTL mentioned it had been there since Monday, but everyone knows that she picked up her mail on Tuesday and had a date Tuesday night.
Perhaps her vehicle was there on Monday to meet someone and that was "the meeting place".
Maybe if her car was elsewhere, and dumped there by someone, that could be a message to the person with whom she was meeting there, perhaps?
IMOO.

I had actually thought that it may have been a meeting place from the beginning, but that she drove there. I figured she was meeting someone she knew and trusted there for a reason. Either sentimental or because it was maybe an ex or someone she didn't want to know where she lived now. Or even if she were meeting someone she knew, if she grew up in the area she might have felt like she knew the area enough that if something went sideways she'd be ok. I so hope everyone near PTL has checked every inch of their property. Look in sheds, storm cellars, under boat tarps (remember the Boston bombers?!) because what if something happened and she ran and hid and is too hurt or out of it to come out? :(

How could Le know where she is? Either she is found, or missing. Do you mean she made contact? Confused. Again.

I think they know who is responsible and where to look for her. Maybe it's narrowed down to a specific property and they're obtaining warrants. Who knows.

I had actually thought that it may have been a meeting place from the beginning, but that she drove there. I figured she was meeting someone she knew and trusted there for a reason. Either sentimental or because it was maybe an ex or someone she didn't want to know where she lived now. Or even if she were meeting someone she knew, if she grew up in the area she might have felt like she knew the area enough that if something went sideways she'd be ok. I so hope everyone near PTL has checked every inch of their property. Look in sheds, storm cellars, under boat tarps (remember the Boston bombers?!) because what if something happened and she ran and hid and is too hurt or out of it to come out? :(

Is it even possible to lay hurt for 30 days? I would think you would die of exposure or from not having anything to eat or drink... :/

I just noticed certain comments have been deleted on FHEFB under DH and TF. Please don't comment, just go look.

I've never thought she drove her car there. I think it was driven there by someone else.

She could be in another county. She could also be right under the noses of people looking for her. I don't know. But I don't think she drove to that location.

After sort of walking myself through it, as her, I can't understand going there after the date. It was late, cold and why go? So I keep thinking maybe someone knocked on the door, someone she knew, she gave them a ride and then something went very wrong. I think they drove her car there to confuse LE, to make it look like she went there and left with someone. JMO. No proof, just going there to take a boat ride or giving someone a ride there, makes no sense to me. There are so many places better to meet up.

Does anyone know when the very first search at peach tree landing was done?
I would like to compare dates and local arrests records.

Friday night WPDE Newschannel 15's Allyson Floyd talks exclusively with Nancy Grace. Watch the full interview on WPDE NewsChannel 15 at 6.

'Bumping'

Maybe, NG will update us at 6 PM CST...

Thanks Firefox. I had already forgotten about this (my own post!). Need to be home by 6! Too much to think about. I have been praying for Heather to be found first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406