SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read that I assumed it meant that they wouldn't talk to the writers of the article, not necessarily the police.

yes, you are correct, I edited it about the same time you posted........so sorry.
I have been reading to fast and working the scanner..........bed time for me

Wow, I'm just now caught up. I took a break from this case today to drive my daughter back to school, 10 hrs round trip :(
What a day to miss.

So happy something finally hit MSM.

Possible. But what is the point whether she is last on her phone at 3am, 4am or 6am? I guess for alibi purposes, but since she has not been found, it is not like it will ever be known now, if she is deceased, what time she died. JMO
The point is in knowing when she was still alive. If it could be proven she was deceased at 3:00am and her phone was being used at 6:00am, it could not have been her using it. It the phone was calling a specific person, and HE was deceased, why would her phone be calling a specific person?

If her phone pinged or was used in a certain location at a certain time, for my purpose I'm using PTL since her car was there, then LE would know the phone was in the same location as the car at some point, so rather than the phone disappearing from, say, her condo, it more likely disappeared from the car. Which would mean that it is more likely that whomever took HE took her from her vehicle at some point, rather than from her condo, because if she had been taken from her condo, whomever took her would have had to remember to get her purse and phone. Not impossible, just not as likely. Often following a trail is taking the most likely course first and seeing where it goes. I could go on, but hopefully you get my drift.

He said in his interviews as soon as he was notified about the car he knew in his gut something was wrong and began to call her with her phone going to voicemail.

Regardless from a LE and anyone for that matter standpoint...the car should be impounded for evidence.

In the very first interview TE gave about getting info that the car was at PTL, I did not get the impression he was immediately worried. More like puzzled.
I'm wondering if in the laster interviews his response is more retrospective given all he knows now.

Do we know for fact that TE drove the car away from PTL or is that based on the one statement someone made here that said she was a family friend but not verified.

My thought is IF TE did drive the car away maybe it was because he wasn't immediately alarmed, and the officer was a friend of his (I think TE said that). And it wasn't until he got home, pulled phone records and called HE for an hour-he became, in his words, "frantic" and realized something was very wrong.

The only thing I've read about TE and the car is he took his spare key for the car, he unlocked it.
I haven't read anywhere that he drove it--except from someone posting here.

The point is in knowing when she was still alive. If it could be proven she was deceased at 3:00am and her phone was being used at 6:00am, it could not have been her using it. It the phone was calling a specific person, and HE was deceased, why would her phone be calling a specific person?

If her phone pinged or was used in a certain location at a certain time, for my purpose I'm using PTL since her car was there, then LE would know the phone was in the same location as the car at some point, so rather than the phone disappearing from, say, her condo, it more likely disappeared from the car. Which would mean that it is more likely that whomever took HE took her from her vehicle at some point, rather than from her condo, because if she had been taken from her condo, whomever took her would have had to remember to get her purse and phone. Not impossible, just not as likely. Often following a trail is taking the most likely course first and seeing where it goes. I could go on, but hopefully you get my drift.

But how could it ever be proven when she was last alive? I do not think it can be. It could maybe be proven she was alive at a certain time, but not when she was no longer alive. Not without an eye-witness anyway. JMO

Obstruction is when you continue to lie or your refusal to not participate. He lied and then told said he talked to her. That's not obstruction.
Not exactly.
Obstruction of Justice--A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court.

So if it could be proven that someone's lie caused interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court, then someone could be charged with Obstruction. A single lie could do it.

BBM

I would think LE advised him to wear gloves.

Maybe it's just me but if I found my daughter's car somewhere with my daughter nowhere in sight and LE advised me to drive the car home with gloves on, I would insist the car be processed right there and do whatever I had to, to make this happen.
This is why I'm wondering if he really drove it and/or what conclusions he immediately came to.

Eta: I'm thinking IF he drove it, he probably thought HE was around somewhere. I'm not trying to judge TE's judgment.

possible reason for confusion on last phone useage ?? It is the Tmobile time issue ! Maybe ?

Police say phone last pinged at 3 a.m. ( reported as 3 am in Carolinalive article but I believe Mr. Elvis said 3:41 on Nancy Grace ? )
In police report , Mr Elvis states phone records show calls between Heather and OM till around 6 a.m.

according to TMobile..Usage screens on My T-Mobile display the customer's time zone for voice calls. For messaging and data, the date and time are displayed in Pacific Time (PST/PDT).

Is Heather's TMobile "hotspot" phone that automatically switches to wifi to place calls ? If so the call record Mr Elvis viewed showed the calls in local time zone, but the ping records showed last active at 3:41 a.m.

maybe ?

http://support.t-mobile.com/message/117416
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=987555#.Ut36

In the very first interview TE gave about getting info that the car was at PTL, I did not get the impression he was immediately worried. More like puzzled.
I'm wondering if in the laster interviews his response is more retrospective given all he knows now.

Do we know for fact that TE drove the car away from PTL or is that based on the one statement someone made here that said she was a family friend but not verified.

My thought is IF TE did drive the car away maybe it was because he wasn't immediately alarmed, and the officer was a friend of his (I think TE said that). And it wasn't until he got home, pulled phone records and called HE for an hour-he became, in his words, "frantic" and realized something was very wrong.

The only thing I've read about TE and the car is he took his spare key for the car, he unlocked it.
BBM: I agree. It was more like "Did she leave her car here and go with someone on another date?" until he could not reach her. Once he checked the phone records, he might have called all the numbers on the records to try to speak with everyone HE's phone contacted (I would have) and that's when he really got worried. JMO.

An important point we are overlooking is that right now Heather's date is the last person that LE knows 100% was with her. There may have been phone calls, but nobody has been verified as having been with her after the date, so at this time that makes SS the last person to see her alive ... a VERY bad position to be in, especially if you are not well known to the family/friends, you rekindled/connected online, no one can verify what you were doing for such a long period of time so late at night for sure (10:43 to 3:00). I think SS should have been the one to have been nervous to answer questions, as he was the one most likely to get blamed for this .... and yet look how fast LE cleared him, without any qualifiers. I would think anyone innocent after him, especially anyone who didn't even see her and only spoke to her by phone, wouldn't be afraid to talk.

I think OM has other things to worry about and IF he didn't take a LDT there could be compelling reasons other than guilt. We do not know if he took one or not.
OM may have other reasons too for staying quiet and not announcing his innocence from the rooftops. OMM is M (second M of OMM) and who knows what his other half is aware of. OMM's silence could have more to do with his family dynamics than his own guilt.

Hope this makes sense since I've tried not to overstep any rules.

But how could it ever be proven when she was last alive? I do not think it can be. It could maybe be proven she was alive at a certain time, but not when she was no longer alive. Not without an eye-witness anyway. JMO

Not a lot can be proven with what happened on the 18th. We just look towards logic and the likelihood of a scenario unfolding a certain way. The main theory in most peoples minds before anyone knew that her phone was active at 6am on the 18th is that her car wound up at PTL most likely the early morning hours of the 18th (around 3,4,5AM... before sunrise). But now, IMO its an equally plausible possibility that she could have actually gone to bed that night and left for PTL sometime the day or night of the 18th. Keep in mind that her car wasn't discovered at PTL until the evening of the 19th. Now, I realize that it may be unlikely that she would have gone the morning or afternoon of the 18th without using her phone or anyone being in contact with her, but I keep in mind that according to what was told to MSM in the article I linked to in an earlier thread (I think the guy who took her out on the date) he said that she was tired when he dropped her off and that he couldn't imagine her leaving to PTL so late that same night.... I don't know. Her being around the day of the 18th seems like a stretch, but... I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

This article is what I was referring to. He knew on scene something was wrong and called on scene and unlocked the door on scene. I don't know if it was confirmed on MSM about he driving it away, so I won't speak further about that.

Not a lot can be proven with what happened on the 18th. We just look towards logic and the likelihood of a scenario unfolding a certain way. The main theory in most peoples minds before anyone knew that her phone was active at 6am on the 18th is that her car wound up at PTL most likely the early morning hours of the 18th (around 3,4,5AM... before sunrise). But now, IMO its an equally plausible possibility that she could have actually gone to bed that night and left for PTL sometime the day or night of the 18th. Keep in mind that her car wasn't discovered at PTL until the evening of the 19th. Now, I realize that it may be unlikely that she would have gone the morning or afternoon of the 18th without using her phone or anyone being in contact with her, but I keep in mind that according to what was told to MSM in the article I linked to in an earlier thread (I think the guy who took her out on the date) he said that she was tired when he dropped her off and that he couldn't imagine her leaving to PTL so late that same night.... I don't know. Her being around the day of the 18th seems like a stretch, but... I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

It would be nearly two full days of no phone use, no tweeting, no posting online etc...if she woke up on the 18th at home. Her car was not found for almost forty hours since she last used her phone. That is unreasonable, IMO, for a young woman who, as someone pointed out, did not even put her phone down when learning to drive a stick, instead placing it on her lap. JMO I think it is safe to assume, as safe as it ever is, that the time of whatever incident caused her to vanish was before daylight or thereabouts on the 18th.

I've wondered about that too...that she didn't leave or go missing until later in the day, or even evening. But I do think the key there is the lack of phone contact as the day progressed. So it seems to me she most likely left the condo, however she left it or under what circumstances, in the earlier part of the morning.

I just don't know that she drove anywhere herself. Or if she did, I still don't think it was PTL.

I guess I am not seeing any strange behavior from anyone else we are aware of. And apparently, no one else was the last one in touch with her. I really think that person, considering the time of day involved, and no further word from Heather ever, HAS to be considered POI #1 until cleared, if he can be.

The thought came to me that it is possible that HE arranged to meet someone (not OMM or having anything to do with OMM) at PTL for whatever reason. Before she goes there she gets initial call from OMM and then after she leaves her house and is possibly already at PTL the calls from OMM continue back and forth (but have nothing to do with why she is at the landing.)
Something unexpected goes down at landing. Someone (again not OMM) panicks and makes some really bad choices. And Heather is missing.

This could be a reason OMM initially lied about his contact with Heather that night-maybe wife was around when he was answering LE questions and he didn't want her to know he had talked to Heather again.

I don't know what percent I'd give this scenerio of being close to what happened but I do think it's a possibility that explains all the calls and HE disappearing and OMM having no knowledge of it.

I'm trying to think all the way around this.

The thought came to me that it is possible that HE arranged to meet someone (not OMM or having anything to do with OMM) at PTL for whatever reason. Before she goes there she gets initial call from OMM and then after she leaves her house and is possibly already at PTL the calls from OMM continue back and forth (but have nothing to do with why she is at the landing.)
Something unexpected goes down at landing. Someone (again not OMM) panicks and makes some really bad choices. And Heather is missing.

This could be a reason OMM initially lied about his contact with Heather that night-maybe wife was around when he was answering LE questions and he didn't want her to know he had talked to Heather again.

I don't know what percent I'd give this scenerio of being close to what happened but I do think it's a possibility that explains all the calls and HE disappearing and OMM having no knowledge of it.

I'm trying to think all the way around this.

Possible, but too coincidental for me that she is already planning to head out at that hour AND gets a call from the married guy at same time...IMO the two have to be related.

Is the VI post still here?

I apologize and stand corrected...guess the names were similar and so I thought it was one of the VI...I deeply apologize again as it was not a VI but a member who states they are friends of HE family (and I can't verify that)

having said that it, was thread 2, pg 14 where it was noted several times...and someone advised them they couldn't discuss that at the time due to TOS...

Regardless I still stand by my opinion and now I'm wondering even more if the direction they were speaking of was OMM??!!??

And speaking of that page....saw an interesting comment that notes the address in which they were searching near OMM. Didn't know if I could quote it or not since that thread is closed? Talk about how head spinning around ....I'm taking this old tired tush to bed...it's been a long day. :banghead::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico