GUILTY SC - Iyana Lowery, 8, found deceased, Marlboro County, 5 May 2017 *mother also found deceased* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sickening. Dammit. I don't even care why he did it, who didn't give him a pony for his birthday or the bad day he had. Don't want to hear it. Lock him up so he doesn't take out any more innocent people.

Love your post! I agree!

I hate it when people get a pass for hurting innocent beings because of their upbringing. If that's the case, at one point in the cycle is it supposed to stop? There's no excuse to kill anyone, much less an innocent child, and shatter families. Plenty of people overcome and rise above their circumstances, bad childhoods and become upstanding citizens despite the odds being stacked against them. This baby shouldn't have had to pay the price for anything that he may have had going on in his life or because he wasn't happy something didn't go his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sickening. Dammit. I don't even care why he did it, who didn't give him a pony for his birthday or the bad day he had. Don't want to hear it. Lock him up so he doesn't take out any more innocent people.
Yes, and FFS, KEEP HIM LOCKED UP!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Love your post! I agree!

I hate it when people get a pass for hurting innocent beings because of their upbringing. If that's the case, at one point in the cycle is it supposed to stop? There's no excuse to kill anyone, much less an innocent child, and shatter families. Plenty of people overcome and rise above their circumstances, bad childhoods and become upstanding citizens despite the odds being stacked against them. This baby shouldn't have had to pay the price for anything that he may have had going on in his life or because he wasn't happy something didn't go his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely! No excuses! I survived abuse throughout my childhood. I've been working with kids in some capacity since I was a teenager. I've never once hurt a child, or anyone else intentionally. NEVER.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Marlboro County School District has released the following statement on the tragic death of Iyana Lowery. She was a student at Bennettsville Primary School:
"We, the Marlboro County School District, are deeply sadden by the sudden and tragic loss of Iyana Lowery. Our children are our most precious commodity and, it is a grave travesty to lose one. We extend to the family and friends of Iyana our most heartfelt sympathy. Please join us with your thoughts and prayers for Iyana's family."

Funeral services for eight-year-old Iyana Lowery will be Saturday at 11 a.m. at Saw Mill Baptist Church in Bennettsville. Morris Funeral Home is in charge of services.

Playground to be named in honor of slain Bennettsville girl, Iyana Lowery

“This playground will stand as a tribute to the love of a mother and a daughter and of play time,” describes Steadman. “We know that it will change lives and help other children grow up surrounded by love.”
The New Beginnings Transitional Shelter in Marlboro County is set to open June 1. It is as 18-month shelter for abused women and their children. Each room in the home is dedicated to family members and the play area will be called “Iyana’s Playground.”

http://wbtw.com/2017/05/19/playground-to-be-named-in-honor-of-slain-bennettsville-girl-iyana-lowery/

Beautiful. This made me tear up again.

A gag order has been imposed in the investigation of the murders of Ella Powell,36, and her eight-year-old daughter Iyana Lowery on May 5 in Marlboro County.

I hope justice is finally served. These deaths could have been prevented.

:bump: up for today's hearing.

Just looked and can't find anything article since May... :dunno:

Okay - looked again :eek:nline: for ANY updates on the Status Hearing on August 17th - and...

nothing.... :pcguru:

Anyone find any updates?

TIA! :wave:

I saw on the Marlboro County court search that a true bill was delivered on September 12, 2017 and each charge has an indictment number. I think that means the Grand Jury indicted Harrington. The status is pending which makes me think the next court date is not yet set. All IMO, based on the court info.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/marlboro/publicindex/
Full name is Jejauncey Fernando Harrington

Just catching up.

RIP, Baby Girl!

attachment.php

Attachments

• cherubWithCandle_smaller.jpg
    cherubWithCandle_smaller.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 232
I saw on the Marlboro County court search that a true bill was delivered on September 12, 2017 and each charge has an indictment number. I think that means the Grand Jury indicted Harrington. The status is pending which makes me think the next court date is not yet set. All IMO, based on the court info.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/marlboro/publicindex/
Full name is Jejauncey Fernando Harrington

I had a "technical error" when I tried the link. Maybe I'll try later.

Thank you for that update though! :wave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump
Back