GUILTY SC - Iyana Lowery, 8, found deceased, Marlboro County, 5 May 2017 *mother also found deceased* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@PayrollNerd - well dang... and thank you for taking the time to look these up! Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Dre
@PayrollNerd - it's been awhile - going thru my 2020 cases - and wondering IF there just might be an update? No rush!

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

If I remember correctly this was one of those guys with a mile long rap sheet including suspicion in another similar murder. He probably violated enough terms of release for them to have put him directly back in prison for years perhaps decades while they supposedly should be building their case.

Unfortunately, career criminals just shut their mouths completely which creates a higher burden on prosecutors than other cases where the suspect incriminated himself, easy mode. Then as the case gets shelved again and again evidence gets lost, witnesses become unavailable etc and the characters manage to find themselves back on the street. I feel like that might have been what happened with this guy's first murder. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Going thru some oldies - this is the latest that I could find anything on Harrington. I had his last hearing on 6/19/20. Had a motions hearing on 9/22/20.

Man charged with killing Marlboro County woman, child makes request to court

Sept. 22, 2020

MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. — Jejuancey Harrington has filed several motions ahead of his trial on charges of two counts of murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and use of a vehicle without permission in the deaths of a Bennettsville woman and her eight-year-old daughter, according to public online court records.

The state is seeking the death penalty against Harrington.
[.....]
Harrington has filed several motions this year, including a motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence, a motion to prevent the state from seeking the death penalty against him, a motion to preclude public shackling, motion for complete recordation and transcript of all proceedings, motion prohibiting defendant from being in jail clothing, motion to incorporate all federal and state constitutional bases, motion specially setting hearings on all pre-trial motions, motion to require constitutional grand jury proceedings, motion for an order compelling heightened scrutiny and motion for non-waiver of rights.

A gag order remains in effect in the case due to aggressive inquiries.

It is not yet known if the specifics of the motions filed by Harrington have been addressed.

A trial date hasn't been set.

Maybe someone in the U.S. can find something recent?? :)

Going thru some oldies - this is the latest that I could find anything on Harrington. I had his last hearing on 6/19/20. Had a motions hearing on 9/22/20.

Man charged with killing Marlboro County woman, child makes request to court

Sept. 22, 2020

MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. — Jejuancey Harrington has filed several motions ahead of his trial on charges of two counts of murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and use of a vehicle without permission in the deaths of a Bennettsville woman and her eight-year-old daughter, according to public online court records.

The state is seeking the death penalty against Harrington.
[.....]
Harrington has filed several motions this year, including a motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence, a motion to prevent the state from seeking the death penalty against him, a motion to preclude public shackling, motion for complete recordation and transcript of all proceedings, motion prohibiting defendant from being in jail clothing, motion to incorporate all federal and state constitutional bases, motion specially setting hearings on all pre-trial motions, motion to require constitutional grand jury proceedings, motion for an order compelling heightened scrutiny and motion for non-waiver of rights.

A gag order remains in effect in the case due to aggressive inquiries.

It is not yet known if the specifics of the motions filed by Harrington have been addressed.

A trial date hasn't been set.

Maybe someone in the U.S. can find something recent?? :)
I took a peek and all his pending charges have a scheduling order in effect July 1, 2021. Maybe this means the court is trying to get him on a docket?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back