GUILTY SC - Iyana Lowery, 8, found deceased, Marlboro County, 5 May 2017 *mother also found deceased* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping up - if anyone can find anything recent on this case.

TIA if you do! :)

Bumping up - if anyone can find anything recent on this case.

TIA if you do! :)

Tuesday, December 21st 2021

MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. (WPDE) — A pre-trial hearing took place Monday and Tuesday at the Florence County Judicial Center for Jejuancey Harrington charged with the deaths of a woman and her child in May of 2017 in Marlboro County, according to court officials.

Harrington's trial is scheduled to take place in July of 2022 on charges of two counts of murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and use of a vehicle without permission.

Harrington is accused of killing 36-year-old Ella Lowery on May 5, 2017, at her home on Craig Circle in Bennettsville.

Hearing held for Marlboro County man accused of killing woman, child

Thanks for that update @sds71 . I moved him to Dec. 21, 2021. So I guess we wait for another hearing date...

@sds71 - just wondering if there might be any updates for this case? - going thru my 2021 cases.
I do have trial in July, but no exact date.

TIA! :)

@sds71 - just wondering if there might be any updates for this case? - going thru my 2021 cases.
I do have trial in July, but no exact date.

The trial for Jejuancey Harrington, of Bennettsville, is scheduled to begin immediately after jury selection, which is scheduled for July 5, 2022, according to Redmond.

The trial for Jejuancey Harrington, of Bennettsville, is scheduled to begin immediately after jury selection, which is scheduled for July 5, 2022, according to Redmond.

dang - can't access the article - any more in there that I should put in my notes? So July 5 starts jury selection - or the other way around - July 5 starts trial with jury selection - say on July 1st???

TIA!! :)

Jejuancey Harrington‘s trial was initially scheduled for July 5. The trial was delayed due to scheduling conflicts, No new date.

Darn - can't access this article - anything else in their pertinent to the case? TIA!

IM GUTTED @Niner since outline has been shut down. Ive tried a few things similar, like 12ft.io and archive. but nothing works as good. Have you found anything to read articles from the USA. x

IM GUTTED @Niner since outline has been shut down. Ive tried a few things similar, like 12ft.io and archive. but nothing works as good. Have you found anything to read articles from the USA. x

Yes me too since Outline was shut down - I wonder why - it was a good place to get articles read that the EU disallows. And nope - I haven't found another site that I can use....

@sds71 - any updates on Harrington since his trial was cancelled for 7/5/22 - any other dates?

I know the trial has been delayed - but I'll go ahead & post this (as a reminder) & I can shorten it up a bit too.

Tuesday, July 5th:
*Trial set to begin-CONTINUED! (@ am ET) - SC - Iyana Lowery (8) & Ella Lowery (36) (Mom found in home May 5, 2017, Bennettsville; Iyana found in a creek May 14, 2017 in McColl outside of Bennettsville) - *Jejauncey Fernando Harrington (32/now 36) charged & indicted (9/12/17) on 2 counts of murder, kidnapping, 2 counts of possession of a weapon during a violent crime, armed robbery with a deadly weapon, and the use of vehicle without permission with intent to deprive. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Iyana's DNA was found in the trunk of Harrington's car.
rial was set to begin on 7/5/22 was continued due to scheduling conflicts, no further dates.

1/1/19: Has new attorney. 4 /23/19 Update: DA will seek the death penalty. A gag order was placed on case by Judge on 5/18/17, which was lifted in Nov. 2017.
3/11/20 Update: Motions filed by defense: Motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence; Motion of Non-Waiver rights; Motion to prevent the state from seeking death sentence; Motion to preclude public shackling; Motion for recordation of all pretrial proceedings; Motion for defendant being exhibited from jail clothing; Motion to incorporate all federal & state constitutional bases; Motion for a GAG order; Motion setting hearings on all pretrial motions; Motion to require grand jury proceeding; Motion for compel heightened scrutiny; Motion for Harrington to be present; Motion for defendant's assertion of 5th & 6th amendment rights; Motion defendant's assertion of fourth amendment rights; Motion to preserve all evidence; Motion declaring that defendants allowed to examine evidence. No further court date though as of 5/4/20. Next pretrial hearing on 6/19/20. Hearing on 6/19/20 was memorialized on 7/8/20.
3/11/20: Motion to preserve all evidence. Motion assertion of 4th amendment rights. Motion for defendant to be present. Motion for compelling heightening scrutiny. Motion to require constitutional grand jury proceedings. Motion for specifically setting hearings on pretrial motions. Motion for gag order. Motions to incorporate Federal & State motions made. Motion prohibited defendant from being in jail clothing. Motion for complete recordation & transcript proceedings. Motion to preclude public shackling. Motion to prevent the State from seeking sentence of death. Motion of non-waiver of rights. Motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence.
7/8/20: Order to memorializing the 6/19/20 order. 9/28/20: Order/Transportation. Next motions hearing on 9/22/20. 9/22/20 Update: Motions hearing. Harrington has filed several motions this year, including a motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence, a motion to prevent the state from seeking the death penalty against him, a motion to preclude public shackling, motion for complete recordation & transcript of all proceedings, motion prohibiting defendant from being in jail clothing, motion to incorporate all federal & state constitutional bases, motion specially setting hearings on all pretrial motions, motion to require constitutional grand jury proceedings, motion for an order compelling heightened scrutiny and motion for non-waiver of rights. A gag order remains in effect in the case due to aggressive inquiries. It is not yet known if the specifics of the motions filed by Harrington have been addressed. A trial date hasn't been set. Next pretrial hearing on 12/20/21 & 12/21/21.
12/21/21 Update: A pretrial hearing took place Monday & Tuesday at the Florence County Judicial Center for Harrington. The state is seeking the death penalty against him. Harrington filed several motions since his arrest in May of 2017, including a motion to have solicitor provide written notice of evidence, a motion to prevent the state from seeking the death penalty against him, a motion to preclude public shackling, a motion for complete redecoration & transcript of all proceedings, motion prohibiting the defendant from being in jail clothing, motion to incorporate all Federal & State constitutional bases, motion especially setting hearings on all pretrial motions, motion to require constitutional grand jury proceedings, motion for an order compelling heightened scrutiny & motion for non-waiver of rights. A gag order remains in effect in the case due to aggressive inquiries. Harrington's trial is scheduled to take place on 7/5/22.
6/16/22 Update: Harrington‘s trial was initially scheduled for 7/5/22. The trial was delayed due to scheduling conflicts, No new date.

@PayrollNerd - I do have your name down here to ask - is there anything in the court site about a hearing - maybe - and maybe the trial date in Jan. of 2023?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations
Back