Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think even if the public isn't notified, we will be able to put the pieces together if both of their profiles are taken offline in the same timeframe.

I certainly hope they would inform the public, as many people have invested many hours into identifying Grateful Doe. But I understand if they want to keep it private as well.

You are correct. Once the profiles go offline, it's out there.

Is tomorrow a long weekend? If so then I assume that tuesday would be the earliest we will hear anything.

Is tomorrow a long weekend? If so then I assume that tuesday would be the earliest we will hear anything.

I think most people had Friday off. I assume tomorrow, July 6, is a normal business day.

I spoke to the daughter of a missing woman; her DNA was processed in 15 weeks, now it's on to comparison of a KY Jane Doe. What I think may be happening is they made a new department to do comparisons to make things not take as long because UNT hold Jason & GDF's DNA. Thankfully Carl had it saved - see below

Help Find Rebecca Pauline Gary Missing December27, 1988 23 hrs
The tests are complete so we are just waiting on them to compare the DNA to Kentucky Doe so please say a prayer for our family.

GDF DNA Complete and entered below nucDNA Location Other
Describe location Virginia Department of Forensic Science
Reference # C95-7515
Lab ORI sample to UNT for mtDNA

Complete and entered below
Type mtDNA
Location CA DOJ (Jan Bashinski Laboratory)
Reference # FS C95-7515
Lab ORI Comments - mtDNA from tissue block entered into Ca Missing Persons DNA Database and National Unidentified Persons DNA Index

RSA Reed note 6/27/2013: confirmation of NDIS status from Amanda McDavid, CIS
CA Department of Justice Missing Persons DNA Program

Why is this taking so long? This is really the first case I've ever followed. This isn't normal right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why is this taking so long? This is really the first case I've ever followed. This isn't normal right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just posted in another thread that I think it's taking so long because so many people have found NamUs to add their loved ones. This year alone has had more MP/UP matches then any I can remember! They're backed up due to it in my opinion. It used to take 2 months; then back when Tammy's DNA was sent 9/29 it took 4 months. Todd Matthews had told me in January that some of his were taking 6 months. We're just going to have to be patient

IIRC, at one time it was believed that Grateful Doe was a minor, and NCMEC had his info on their site. Could some of the holdup be due to that? Takin my cough syrup, antibiotics, and going back to sleep.......

I just discovered this case. Is there any update about whether or not Jason C. is Grateful Doe?

No not yet, still waiting. Hopefully it shouldnt be too long.

It's way past time to have results on the dna test. I wonder what the hold up is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back