Found Deceased SC - Jayden Morrison, 4, Little River, 24 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Definitely a lot of pond and drain talk downstairs, some volunteers may be going door to door.

I just read an article about this little cutie. I can not imagine how terrified his mother must be right now. I hope that all the searchers that are giving up Christmas with their own families will soon be rewarded with a scared but safe little boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear...they're from my hometown in NY.
Please be found soon, Jayden.
oxoxoxox

I wonder...did anyone actually see him outside?

could he maybe... I hope... Have found a new (for him) secret place to hide inside his grandma's home?

:please:

:please: for sure, I would love that news. But I have a feeling by now that the grandma, parents, and even police have torn that house apart looking for him.

Map of the area. Sultana Drive is the road in the middle, with water on both sides just about the whole length. As near as I can tell from the photos, the search is focused on those ponds, and on that area of woods to the right of the apartment complex.

https://goo.gl/maps/0X4cI

I have a lot of faith in the searchers. I lived in VA before moving to SC and was a volunteer in the search for Robbie Wood. He's also an autistic boy who wandered off from his father in a state park. By the time our group went out to search, many people were quietly acknowledging we were probably not going to find the little boy alive. He had been gone six days and I believe it was winter - it was awfully cold. The group that searched immediately after us and one grid section over found him. If I recall correctly, he was mildly hypothermic but overall in pretty good shape. The searchers were incredibly skilled and even gave us some brief training on how to approach Robbie if we found him, as his autism also caused concerns that he may not respond or may even be afraid of searchers. I'm praying Jayden's story has a happy ending too!

I wonder...did anyone actually see him outside?

could he maybe... I hope... Have found a new (for him) secret place to hide inside his grandma's home?

:please:

This happened in my neighborhood several years ago. The little girl was also autistic and visiting her grandparents for Christmas. She was about 6 but had recently been adopted from another country and it was her first trip to the area. LE went up and down the street asking to be allowed to search every home while other groups walked the creek and woods on both sides of the street. About 20 hours later she was found sleeping in an old hope chest in the basement. It turned out that travel was very difficult for her and her doctor had ordered something to help her rest during the long drive and it certainly did its job.

This happened in my neighborhood several years ago. The little girl was also autistic and visiting her grandparents for Christmas. She was about 6 but had recently been adopted from another country and it was her first trip to the area. LE went up and down the street asking to be allowed to search every home while other groups walked the creek and woods on both sides of the street. About 20 hours later she was found sleeping in an old hope chest in the basement. It turned out that travel was very difficult for her and her doctor had ordered something to help her rest during the long drive and it certainly did its job.

thanks, Vasportsmom...

this gives me hope...

The autistic child of a neighbor went missing at a holiday gathering a few years back. He was terrified of the searchers (they had spotlights out all night, helicopters overhead, etc.) and hid himself -- which turned out to be what saved him, because he hid in a deep pile of leaves and fallen pine needles and that kept him warm through two very cold nights.

I have a lot of faith in the searchers. I lived in VA before moving to SC and was a volunteer in the search for Robbie Wood. He's also an autistic boy who wandered off from his father in a state park. By the time our group went out to search, many people were quietly acknowledging we were probably not going to find the little boy alive. He had been gone six days and I believe it was winter - it was awfully cold. The group that searched immediately after us and one grid section over found him. If I recall correctly, he was mildly hypothermic but overall in pretty good shape. The searchers were incredibly skilled and even gave us some brief training on how to approach Robbie if we found him, as his autism also caused concerns that he may not respond or may even be afraid of searchers. I'm praying Jayden's story has a happy ending too!

I remember Robbie - that was amazing!

thanks, Vasportsmom...

this gives me hope...

I ran to my mom's just a bit ago and happened to see the little girl on her grandparents' steps with her grandmother. She is 11 or 12 now and absolutely beautiful. It gave me hope to see her watching her siblings and looking really happy.

Do they have dogs looking for him yet?

I know what happens on the scanner thread can't be brought up here, so I can't give you a detailed answer. But I think I'm within the rules to say the searchers appear to be doing everything that should be done, and they are very much searching for a living Jaden.

The autistic child of a neighbor went missing at a holiday gathering a few years back. He was terrified of the searchers (they had spotlights out all night, helicopters overhead, etc.) and hid himself -- which turned out to be what saved him, because he hid in a deep pile of leaves and fallen pine needles and that kept him warm through two very cold nights.

Truly lost child are much more resilient than we often give them credit for. It is those that end up in the clutches of adults that are usually in the most danger.

I know what happens on the scanner thread can't be brought up here, so I can't give you a detailed answer. But I think I'm within the rules to say the searchers appear to be doing everything that should be done, and they are very much searching for a living Jaden.

I believe it was in one of the news articles that the dogs were sent out around 7pm last night and as far as I know are still going in shifts.

Edit: Yep, found it. Also found an update on the WMBF article that Jayden has a twin brother with the same PJs, and they posted a picture of them:

6300346_G.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27705131/missing-child-in-horry-county?clienttype=generic

According to officials, Jayden is described as a black male, last seen wearing red and orange pajamas with guitars. The pictured pajamas belong to Jayden's twin brother. Jayden stands four-feet-tall, 40 pounds and bald, officials said. Horry County Police said Jayden had a pacifier with a pink ribbon on it.

The article also mentioned K-9 Units, as well as this bit on what they're asking of the community:

The American Red Cross is providing refreshments and food for the search and the best way the community can help is to keep looking. Officials are asking people to check places where he could be hiding such as cars and sheds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89
Back