SC SC - Jessica Rapsys, 27, traveling to visit family, car found w/ keys, shoes & phone inside, Allendale, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One other piece that I've read in a couple articles is that it has rained a lot in the area lately and it might look more wet/swampy than the Google street view images, if her car was actually found at the spot others have listed above. Excess rain/flooding in the area could cause some of that pavement to wash out. It looks like the biggest burst of rain came around August 8 (hurricane related) and it flooded and washed out some roads in Allendale County. Washouts, floods and mud: Debby leaves damage across CSRA Could have included parts of this road (perhaps related to the 'dirt road' mention).

I'm also just floored that authorities aren't providing information about her vehicle. Why would they not share this? Surely if they thought she was in danger because of another human (like being followed?), it would make sense to ask for information from anyone who saw her in her vehicle?

Last edited:
I have walking shoes in my car in case I decide to go on a nice, long walk, flip-flops in case I go to the beach, and dancing shoes, because that's what I do. I have at least six pairs of shoes in my car. But that's me, maybe not everyone. She was traveling, so I don't think it would be unusual for her to have more than one pair of shoes with her.

Her car on the train tracks is VERY alarming. As I previously mentioned, if the car broke down on the tracks, it could easily have been pushed off the tracks.

One of two things happened, IMHO. 1. JR was distraught for reasons unknown, or had a mental breakdown, abandoned her car, and wandered off. 2. Someone else abducted JR and staged the car on the RR tracks. I am leaning in the directions of 1. at this point.
Another possibility is perhaps she got disoriented and ended up in that strange place. Was she under the influence? I don't know - not saying she was or wasn't, but perhaps the tracks confused her if she was in a muddled state of mind and she thought leaving the car made sense.

I haven't settled on a theory yet - still brainstorming.

jmo

snapshot_ea050a.jpg

I don’t know if this will help…
Just spit balling here, but could this (green arrow) be what they're calling a dirt road? Yellow arrow is the railroad crossing I indicated in a previous post. You can see how my screenshot lines up with the location found from the WJBF article.
1723757766151.png

ALLENDALE, S.C. – A Jacksonville woman has been reported missing in South Carolina after authorities discovered her abandoned vehicle on a dirt road in Allendale County on Tuesday night, with the keys still inside, according to the sheriff’s office.

Jessica Rapsys, 27, was last seen on Aug. 13 around 7:30 or 8 p.m., according to officials.

August 15, 2024 at 5:07 PM

Those who believe they might have information on her disappearance or where she might be now are asked to call Allendale County Sheriff’s Office at (803) 584-7067 or leave a tip through Crimestoppers at https://www.888crimesc.com or by phone at 1-888-CRIMESC or 1-888-274-6372.

1723758696936.png

Attachments

• 1723758659695.png
    1723758659695.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 0
If @truthfinder2019 location is correct, I see two possible ways she could have gotten onto that dirt road from Allendale coming up 125. For reference, blue circle is where we originally thought the car was found. Red circle is the dirt road truthfinger2019 mentioned above and the black circles are where she could have left 125 to get on the dirt road.
1723759142088.png
First black circle (around the 125 on the map)
1723759198577.png

Second black circle (northernmost).
1723759243173.png

If @truthfinder2019 location is correct, I see two possible ways she could have gotten onto that dirt road from Allendale coming up 125. For reference, blue circle is where we originally thought the car was found. Red circle is the dirt road truthfinger2019 mentioned above and the black circles are where she could have left 125 to get on the dirt road.
View attachment 524840
First black circle (around the 125 on the map)
View attachment 524843

Second black circle (northernmost).
View attachment 524844
I'm so curious about where she was supposed to meet her aunt. All the minor roads in this area, especially these turnouts leading to dirt roads, look like the last place I'd pull off unless I was very confident I was going the right way or was under duress somehow. I know it's easy to get turned around in the dark, but I'm not sure it was fully dark when she was driving? News I've read say that the missing person call came into police around 8pm, and sunset in Allendale is 8:10pm today. It also seems very clear that any road this direction wouldn't fully go through since they're going to hit the Savannah River.

I keep going back to the quote from this article: Florida woman missing in South Carolina after vehicle found empty with keys inside
"Robinson, who responded to the scene of Rapsys' disappearance himself on the evening of Aug. 13, said the area where officials located her vehicle is "heavily wooded and swampy," particularly after recent heavy rainfall in the area."

May be alligator habitat - eek. What a nightmare. Edisto & Savannah Rivers among most gator infested in South Carolina - Explore Beaufort SC

Last edited:
One other piece that I've read in a couple articles is that it has rained a lot in the area lately and it might look more wet/swampy than the Google street view images, if her car was actually found at the spot others have listed above. Excess rain/flooding in the area could cause some of that pavement to wash out. It looks like the biggest burst of rain came around August 8 (hurricane related) and it flooded and washed out some roads in Allendale County. Washouts, floods and mud: Debby leaves damage across CSRA Could have included parts of this road (perhaps related to the 'dirt road' mention).

I'm also just floored that authorities aren't providing information about her vehicle. Why would they not share this? Surely if they thought she was in danger because of another human (like being followed?), it would make sense to ask for information from anyone who saw her in her vehicle?
The weather conditions in Martin, by hour

<snipped>
Rapsys is described as the life of the party, one of her best friends and hairdresser GG was just with her Friday night at the beach bars.

“She was completely normal, everything was fine, she mentioned seeing an aunt over the weekend.. and I saw the flyer and I said this doesn’t add up,” she said. “When I found out my stomach flipped, I was sick to my stomach.”

[…]

A spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office said search efforts expanded several miles through air units and bloodhounds but they’ve had no luck.

[…]

Action News Jax was told by law enforcement officials that this is still an active search. As of right now, the sheriff’s office in Allendale said they don’t believe there’s foul play suspected in her disappearance.

Anyone know how long a car stays warm?

Did she get stuck on the tracks and then someone offered her assistance and it went bad?

jmo
Lots of questions, mainly how did her car become stuck on the tracks? I'm hoping she also had an extra pair of shoes in the car. I hope she is/was having a psychotic /mental break which might explain several aspects of why she hasn't been found because the alternative is a more evil outcome. I hope somehow they can find camera footage close to the area and also go back and use cell phone pings to figure out where all she had been driving. Does anyone know how far away her aunt lives from where her vehicle was found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back