SC SC - John, 47, & Elizabeth Calvert, 45, Hilton Head, 3 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now searching back I can't find the article about the arguing. It seems some articles are no longer there. The thread got sidetracked with Gerwings suicide and that tidbit was lost.

I found this next about the car.

The one missing potential link to their whereabouts was found early Friday when a Beaufort County sheriff's deputy found their Mercedes parked in an undisclosed commercial area of Palmetto Dunes.
It also contained no evidence of value, but did give detectives a new place to search for witnesses and clues, officers said.

I highlighted what I thought might answer your questions about the car Delta. But still reading. Maybe something was found later...........

concerned:

I think I just read about the arguing............will go look. brb

The only thing I found on the "arguing" was a post by you concerned. But just like you, most of the articles are not available now when I click on the link.

Sorry, but I did find this and I had to respond to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom
DD, that's what I've thinking the scene cries, "female". It could also mean he had female tendencies that nobody really knew about....

After all he was an accountant! I keep thinking that he knew how much blood would be involved and how much easier it would be to clean in the tub vs. ruining a mattress or flooring. If he had bruising on his body from someone else forcing him I would take another look at murder. The autopsy wasn't printed but any ME would note defensive bruises vs. footsteps from the sink to the tub.No one would allow someone else to stab them repeatedly without a defensive posture as it is second nature to protest such. He would have some defensive cuts to his hands for instance.

Nope, I think he did this to himself.

I am an accountant myself! :eek: But I wouldn't know how much blood would be involved, etc. Don't see how one has to do with the other??

Just so we are clear, Littledeer, here's the accountant quote by concernedperson, not me as it looks in the quote above!

concernedperson
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom
DD, that's what I've thinking the scene cries, "female". It could also mean he had female tendencies that nobody really knew about.... (end of Taximom's quote) lol

(enter concernedperson)
After all he was an accountant! I keep thinking that he knew how much blood would be involved and how much easier it would be to clean in the tub vs. ruining a mattress or flooring. If he had bruising on his body from someone else forcing him I would take another look at murder. The autopsy wasn't printed but any ME would note defensive bruises vs. footsteps from the sink to the tub.No one would allow someone else to stab them repeatedly without a defensive posture as it is second nature to protest such. He would have some defensive cuts to his hands for instance.

Nope, I think he did this to himself.
(end of concernedperson's quote)

Taxi:

Just so we are clear, Littledeer, here's the accountant quote by concernedperson, not me as it looks in the quote above!

My dear friend, you know that I wasn't taking it personally!! Whether it was by you or not!!

I still love both you and concernedperson! :blowkiss:

So concerned, I have responded to YOUR quote! LOL

Thank you concerned and Littledeer for finding that info on the car.

It seems that very little has been released since the accountants suicide /death.

The car still bugs me. Being found there, where they had no material interest. Nothing about video or anything else being available. I would guess that others were involved..but who?

I can tell you where to begin...try the lawyers that found the body of the accountant for starters. They would be the first people I would look at. Then...I would start looking at THEIR clients. When lawyers show up in droves to find a dead man...I would say there is a suspicion present that they either knew about it personally or from someone they represent.

I can tell you where to begin...try the lawyers that found the body of the accountant for starters. They would be the first people I would look at. Then...I would start looking at THEIR clients. When lawyers show up in droves to find a dead man...I would say there is a suspicion present that they either knew about it personally or from someone they represent.

Gerwing was one of the lawyer's clients and had been in contact with him prior to the suicide, the night or afternoon before the body was discovered. So, I can see why he would be around since Gerwing was a poi in the case and there were ongoing discussions.

But, yes, a closer look is often needed. Especially since others were scammed by Gerwing not just the Calverts. It seems there were several victims of fraud. But, none of them have turned up missing but the Calverts AFAIK.

I understand that one of them was his lawyer. However, I find it incredibly strange it took four men to find his body all arriving at the same time. Three intelligent men and one that had the key. They set it up well since they broke the door down before anyone else arrived. Read through their statements. They were almost exact to the letter with the exception of the man with the key. A bit too perfect for me.

The lawyers had other clients involved with the couple and the businesses...I would bet money on it. Now...there are no witnesses to anything and they can make Gerwing take all responsibility. Who is going to say or be able to prove otherwise? The three main players are gone.

I'm sorry but I think the news crew was TOTALLY irresponsible and should have handed over the note right away and left their van where it was etc.

It's sad to see this case going nowhere.

P.S. Thanks for finding that, Winteryns. I hadn't seen that before either!

Did I miss this in the thread?

A note left on a news van at a vigil for the couple?
http://www.thecoastalsource.com/features/news/16596091.html

Very interesting and it sounds like some financial dealings may not have been on the up and up. Since Dennis was blamed solely for the misappropriations there may have been some other knowledge by this individual. The person seems to be afraid to come forward with investigators and is hoping the news crew will dig hard enough and he doesn't have to implicate himself as the note writer.

I do think that is a man that wrote the note.

I am glad I didn't miss it...I thought I was starting to loose it.:)

I hope the police are watching those lawyers. I don't like the feeling I get on them. Like SS said..something is wrong with the statements.

I kind of agree the news people should have turned over the note...but then again, maybe they wanted to scan it first or make sure it got published...just in case it gets lost in a file somewhere or something :)

Course anybody could have written this note just to stir things up, right now we have no way of knowing whether it is legit or not. And it really doesn't take us anywhere new.

Wow! Great find about the note! I believe it is legit and frankly...I think the news crew acted appropriately under the circumstances. If the note had been given immediately to LE...we never would have heard about it which is exactly what the writer was trying to get across to the news team. A coverup of millions of dollars could very well involve the people responsible for investigating the suicide and the missing persons case.

This case reeks and has from the beginning. The only three people who could actually tell what happened and who all was involved are now conveniently gone. The rest of them are covering their @sses and assets. I hope the news crew can uncover the story and find out the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back