SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from Surfside / Garden City last Tuesday (we were there for eight days). PLEASE someone in the area.... Near the Surfside Beach Resort .... there was a man that would fit Johnny's description. We saw him frequently outside of that hotel and down that street to the south where it becomes Garden City. We figured he was a local. At one point he was hitch hiking. The hitch hiking seemed out of place for that area but we didn't think to question it (not being a local or knowing if it were common).

We are trying hard to remember what he was wearing - but I'm fairly sure he had on khaki shorts and a light colored shirt almost every time we saw him. I know for sure on one hot day his shirt was off and draped around his neck. I just showed the photo to my husband and adult daughter and they both agree it's likely the same man.

We always saw him on the street side (never saw him on the beach). As there are only five hotels in Surfside I'd guess that it's possible that he was dropped off at that hotel and is perhaps hanging around there hoping for his family to find him ?

Have you called the police in Myrtle Beach/Surfside (not sure if they are the same number) or the numbers from first post on this thread? You can give them the address of where you stayed and they can have it checked out.

Just read MissJames' comment ... fingers crossed that Bellyup's sighting was Mr. Brown.

he is apparently on foot- why haven't dogs been brought in to track him, working from the last place it really sounds like he was spotted at (that we know about) The BBQ place.
Why hasn't anyone that has seen him, or maybe interacted with him, tried to do something for him? It saddens me. You would think by now someone local would be thinking something is wrong with this picture, if he is being seen in and around the area.

Myrtle Beach is a huge vacation destination .They see all kinds and nothing much seems off to to them,IMO.
People there on vacation wouldn't be paying that much attention ,either ,since they are busy with the beach and all the waterparks and golf courses that the area is known for.
Now some billboards might help,but with info Bellyup just gave ,I'm hoping he is found today.

Fingers crossed that bellyup's sighting was Johnny and that his family will find him and bring him home today! Such a scary situation for his love ones...

Myrtle Beach is a huge vacation destination .They see all kinds and nothing much seems off to to them,IMO.
People there on vacation wouldn't be paying that much attention ,either ,since they are busy with the beach and all the waterparks and golf courses that the area is known for.
Now some billboards might help, but with info Bellyup just gave ,I'm hoping he is found today.

We were in Myrtle Beach last month and saw a huge billboard with a missing teenager on it. So sad. She has been missing for several years. I think it would help to have Mr. Brown's photo and info where tourists pass.

Honestly, I'm on pins and needles right now . I hope he's where LE can see him . He must be so scared.

We were in Myrtle Beach last month and saw a huge billboard with a missing teenager on it. So sad. She has been missing for several years. I think it would help to have Mr. Brown's photo and info where tourists pass.

Yes ,Brittanee Drexel. Websleuths had a radio show a few days ago with Brittanee's mother,I believe. There's a forum on Brittanee .

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=791001#.UDPO-o59GXw

please don't let that be him:please:

how close is this to where he went missing?

I don't know how I missed seeing this one before now, but I did. I hope this isn't Johnny. Nursebeeme, Tanger Outlets is located on what people who are headed northwest of Myrtle Beach, at least, would refer to as the main road in/out of Myrtle Beach. I don't know if that's the same way road one takes to/from Georgia without looking, but I suspect that it is.

So sorry for this person who has been found deceased and also their loved ones. How sad.

Still praying for Mr. Brown and hoping any new lead might be the answer to find him.

I don't know how I missed seeing this one before now, but I did. I hope this isn't Johnny. Nursebeeme, Tanger Outlets is located on what people who are needed northwest of Myrtle Beach, at least, would refer to as the main road in/out of Myrtle Beach. I don't know if that's the same way road one takes to/from Georgia without looking, but I suspect that it is.

No, that road takes one to the NW toward Conway, then Florence and from there one can go further west on I 20 to Columbia etc. It would be AWAY from south Georgia technically from there to the outlet mall, and the route from Surfside Beach to there would be on interstate/divided highways with a LOT of traffic. The kind of highways where walking is not even allowed and would have been noticed. It appears that it is definitely another person, though, so not of concern in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti