SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right On!! Hello Julie!!
Im clear up in Washington State,but Im here to help if I can.
As you can see,we WSers,are not hindered by distance...EVERYONE is here for Johnny.
Welcome :peace:

Hello to all of Johnny Lamar supporters! got to run out for a hour,But i will be back on in a little while!

Yay, Julie!!!!!! I'm so excited to see you posting!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!

Does Johnny know how to do any handyman stuff, do you think? We have a guy living in a neighbor's detached garage who is down on his luck, alcoholic, and does things like helping me organize my shed for money to buy essentials. He digs me holes, too, because I have a bad back but love my garden.

Maybe Johnny is in with some folks who don't mind him there because he's making a bit of spending money somehow? What can he do along those lines?

All ya'll, I also really think he may be holding signs for food if the area is like mine in NC where a ton of folks do that. Here they do it at busy stoplights or on off-ramps. It would be hard to place posters for the off-ramp sites, but telephone poles near the stoplights might work.

Hello to all of Johnny Lamar supporters! got to run out for a hour,But i will be back on in a little while!

:wagon::welcome: Jazzy Julie!!!!

We are so happy you have decided to join. I hope you will browse through the thread and feel the overwhelming love and concern your brother has generated here at WS.

And more importantly, the determination...we are so lucky to have members here who are willing to go above and beyond to get things done and this thread in particular has been a clear demonstration of that.

Between the great minds here, and CUE, the MBPD and the rest in the area, we are on the right path to finding your brother. Praying it will be today :prayer:

Jazzy Julie,
Do you have a link to Johnny's new Facebook page? I'm having trouble finding it and would like to share it as soon as possible. Thanks!

How are your parents holding up? Many people here are praying for them and I hope they find strength in knowing that.

Does anyone have any info on Johnny's hair style and hair care? Including any beads or anything like that? There are a lot of hair care places in the surrounding area that might be willing to put up a flyer.

Hi everyone, guess we're off to a slow start this morning. I have a feeling that once Julie has a chance to get on here and really start posting, the ball will start rolling fast. She's probably at work, although I really don't know. I haven't spoken to her since her initial post. Hope we have a really great day searching for Johnny...AND FIND HIM SAFE!!!

Does anyone have any info on Johnny's hair style and hair care? Including any beads or anything like that? There are a lot of hair care places in the surrounding area that might be willing to put up a flyer.

He looks bald in the ID photo, but maybe Jazzy Julie can tell us if that's natural or if he shaves his head.

Jazzy Julie (JJ)
We used to say someone had ants in their pants or were antsy because they couldn't sit still for any length of time and I wondered how Johnny normally is.

Does Johnny tend to sit around or does he tend to be on his feet having to move around all the time?
Does he retrace his steps over and over going the same route?
How about his daily routine? Does he always do everything in the same order of does it vary from day to day?

I went to Brooklyn Braids in Conway which is near the McDonald's and Waffle house, spoke with the people working there and also hung a flyer. They said they would keep an eye out.

Julie- I'm so sorry for what your family is going through.. I hope Johnny is found soon!

Here are the lyrics:

"running blind, but my soul she still knows the way,
don't be scared of the dark, hold on to your heart,
come what may
We'll be fine,
'cos somewhere Angels walk that line
but the faith I got, It ain't never gonna stop
if it takes me the rest of my life

Me & Johnny Brown
caught in a world turned upside down
when the lightning comes
and there's nowhere left to run
I'm gonna be around
Me &Johnny Brown
looking at faces in the crowd
It's a long old road
but I know we're coming home
we're gonna make you proud

-----------------------------------------------
Pretty awesome, huh?

Yes, it is!! I love it!! I missed the earlier links to it, and always intended to look for it, but never did for some reason. I'm so glad I found it!
I want Johnny to hear it, he would be so proud!

@Jazzy Julie,
Do you have any relatives that live in the Carolinas? Anyone that Johnny has visited in the past? I'm wondering if there are other names of towns that he knows besides Cartersville.

I was also wondering if your phone has caller ID and when he called did you get the number he called from? I know you are very busy, but it would be so helpful if you could give us a timeline starting from when you saw him last, the sightings, when he met up with the woman and Roger, etc. I think we're a little confused on what happened and when.

Praying hard for Johnny's safe return.

I take it, no one has heard from Julie? Has anyone tried calling her? I've been busy all day. My sil is here from Cal, a grandson from Virginia I haven't seen in 3 yrs, and a granddaughter from Va I barely know (adopted step granddaughter). Should we try to call Julie? Maybe if she worked today and got off at 5, call her in an hr or so?

I take it, no one has heard from Julie? Has anyone tried calling her? I've been busy all day. My sil is here from Cal, a grandson from Virginia I haven't seen in 3 yrs, and a granddaughter from Va I barely know (adopted step granddaughter). Should we try to call Julie? Maybe if she worked today and got off at 5, call her in an hr or so?

Nonni Brenda, you are so sweet. If you'd like to call her, then do it, but it sounds like you have a houseful of your own loved ones. I'm sure Julie must realize that time is of the essence in finding her brother, but your time with your family is important, too. You have done so much for Johnny and we all appreciate that and I'm sure Johnny's family does too. We're here, we're willing to help, but we can't force someone to take the helping hands we're offering. Enjoy your family and have some fun. You truly deserve it.

:takeabow:

Nonni Brenda, you are so sweet. If you'd like to call her, then do it, but it sounds like you have a houseful of your own loved ones. I'm sure Julie must realize that time is of the essence in finding her brother, but your time with your family is important, too. You have done so much for Johnny and we all appreciate that and I'm sure Johnny's family does too. We're here, we're willing to help, but we can't force someone to take the helping hands we're offering. Enjoy your family and have some fun. You truly deserve it.

:takeabow:

I second that,whole heartedly.

I'm sitting on my hands ,or I'd have more to add. :angel2:

I just went on MB topix and posted about Johnny. Hope that will help.

I just went on MB topix and posted about Johnny. Hope that will help.

Thanks NB! I notice that when I Google Johnny Lamar Brown it usually comes up on the first page, so at least he gets some attention. It also has been staying on the first page of the comments section on Topix and that is seen on Murrells Inlet Topix, Surfside, etc. There are some weirdo trolls on there, but even if theypost it keeps Johnny's name up there! Any attention for Johnny's plight is better than none in my book!

I'm wondering if we should make a post in the Topix for other cities, too? I put the video in with it because it gives all the information. I did get some replies when I posted on Craigs List, so maybe that too? It's the only way I can think of to reach other cities.

Thanks NB! I notice that when I Google Johnny Lamar Brown it usually comes up on the first page, so at least he gets some attention. It also has been staying on the first page of the comments section on Topix and that is seen on Murrells Inlet Topix, Surfside, etc. There are some weirdo trolls on there, but even if theypost it keeps Johnny's name up there! Any attention for Johnny's plight is better than none in my book!

I'm wondering if we should make a post in the Topix for other cities, too? I put the video in with it because it gives all the information. I did get some replies when I posted on Craigs List, so maybe that too? It's the only way I can think of to reach other cities.

Peek, you are so amazing! You are a tower of resources! I wonder where Julie is. I know everyone is anxious to ask her some questions???:waitasec:
I am very tired tonight for some reason, and have 2 dr. appts tomorrow. I'm thinking about a hot bath, and early to bed.:eek:fftobed: If I can stay away from this computer. If you don't see me on here again tonight, wishing you a restful nite!

Peek, you are so amazing! You are a tower of resources! I wonder where Julie is. I know everyone is anxious to ask her some questions???:waitasec:
I am very tired tonight for some reason, and have 2 dr. appts tomorrow. I'm thinking about a hot bath, and early to bed.:eek:fftobed: If I can stay away from this computer. If you don't see me on here again tonight, wishing you a restful nite!

I just wrote to Russell Simmons on his blog and told him about Johnny. Simmons is a Hip-Hop mogul and was once named one of the 25 most influential people. Maybe he'll use some of that influence to get the word out about Johnny.

Get some sleep, and maybe tomorrow will be the day!:please:

Sent an e-mail to Tavis Smiley, too. I don't know much about him, but he seems to have a big following in the Black community, so maybe he'll have a heart and take an interest.
G'night

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms
Back