SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Peekerfoo,
Before you blame yourself, remember the Georgetown PD picked Johnny up and let him go, they are experienced officers, used to Runaways, missing persons, etc and they didnt manage to make the pieces fit and return Johnny to his family.
You were going about your business and it was probably the last thing you ever expected to see, yet you did make the connection and came here to do some unbelievable work all at your own time and expense. You are still inspiring others and getting the awareness out there so take it from me, you have done and are doing a great job no doubt about it at all!

Thanks Fabgod. I had it in my mind that if I did enough he would be home by now. It scares me that he hasn't been spotted again. Why hasn't he at least attempted to call home? Where is he getting food and shelter? Is he even getting those basic needs met? Is he hurt? Is he sick? Is he scared? These are the questions I ask myself when I should be sleeping. My family is upset that I take this so personally, but I think anyone would if they'd been that close and didn't stop. They say that it's common sense that I shouldn't be stopping and talking with any strange man along the road. I see that, too.
I'm just waiting for a clue or something that can give us some direction. Until then, I'll take it day by day and do what I can.

If it might help to boost spirits for everyone, remember that the number of posters doesn't always = the number of readers online. So it may be that folks are reading about Johnny and doing things in their own communities without posting online!

Someone upthread mentioned something that I think is really important (my apologies, can't remember who it was) but it was the terrible with directions thing.

Some people with special needs often have a very difficult time understanding geography. Linear is not the same as circular. For example, I have an autistic family member who is very high functioning- but he does not understand time zones, and although we live in the same time zone... he always thinks we do not, because of the time it takes to get to visit.
Maybe the 'time it takes to visit' is an approach we can use in Johnny's case?
Like- did he know it took xyz long to get to the beach, and maybe that's how long it would take to get back home? But without directional ability?
So then we have a new radius we can work? Just a thought, anyway.

I was one of the posters who mentioned being not too great with directions, especially in a strange place. You make some good points about the time it takes to get somewhere, though. I remember when my granddaughter was about 3, we had moved to another town several hundred miles away, and she was talking about wanting to come and visit again. She told her mom that gma lived "a long time from here." She had no perception of distance, all she knew was that it took a long time to get there.

I wonder if Johnny would recognize various landmarks as ones they had passed by getting to MB. Or could he possibly read street and road signs enough that he could figure out which direction to walk to get on the road back home? Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

I don't know if I can say this or not, but since it's not something someone else said, it is something I said, coming directly from me, here goes.
I called Julie just now, and begged her to come on Websleuths.com so we can talk directly to her. She has set up a new FB account for Johnny, not hearsay from me, everyone can view it for themselves. I'm hoping when she gets off at 5pm she will call me and I can help her do that. I shared with her the story of Ivy Merck, and how FB and Websleuths was instrumental in convincing Ivy to come forward. We have to remember that everything DOES work together. Maybe Ivy's miracle can bring about another miracle for Johnny.

I don't know if I can say this or not, but since it's not something someone else said, it is something I said, coming directly from me, here goes.
I called Julie just now, and begged her to come on Websleuths.com so we can talk directly to her. She has set up a new FB account for Johnny, not hearsay from me, everyone can view it for themselves. I'm hoping when she gets off at 5pm she will call me and I can help her do that. I shared with her the story of Ivy Merck, and how FB and Websleuths was instrumental in convincing Ivy to come forward. We have to remember that everything DOES work together. Maybe Ivy's miracle can bring about another miracle for Johnny.

That is GREAT news, Nonni Brenda! Let's hope that she does join and we can get the information that we need to proceed. I'm up for a miracle!:please:

Thank you for doing that, Nonni! You will be blessed!

That is GREAT news, Nonni Brenda! Let's hope that she does join and we can get the information that we need to proceed. I'm up for a miracle!:please:

J called me at 5:30, said she needed to charge her phone and would call me back at 6:30. Hope it's ok to say that...
I know a member's screen doesn't look like a non member when they sign onw. Does anyone know if there is a Join button? There's not one on mine. I'm gonna walk her through signing on, but if our screens look different, ???

J called me at 5:30, said she needed to charge her phone and would call me back at 6:30. Hope it's ok to say that...
I know a member's screen doesn't look like a non member when they sign onw. Does anyone know if there is a Join button? There's not one on mine. I'm gonna walk her through signing on, but if our screens look different, ???

There's a "button" that says Register. It looks pretty much the same for non-members, but without all the fancy controls. Good luck!! I'm praying for you to use your super powers to get her on board!

Just a quick add on--
Johnny's on the Myrtle Beach Topix comments. They've got some crazies there, but I figured it would be good to get it on there because it covers other cities around here. To keep it on the front page of the news section it has to get comments. If anyone has time can you go there and leave a quick comment so Johnny stays in the public eye as much as possible?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/myrtle-beach-sc/T4IPPPAVLJLKAD8C I hope this link works, but if not, just Google Myrtle Beach Topix. The comments are on the right side. Sometimes it takes a sec for them to show up.

Right up there on the blue bar, it's the second link right next to the "home" button-if you are signed in its where the "usercp" link shows up.

It's good to know that she has a computer! :woohoo:

Hello to all of Johnny Lamar supporters! got to run out for a hour,But i will be back on in a little while!

Hello to all of Johnny Lamar supporters! got to run out for a hour,But i will be back on in a little while!
Glad to finally see you here, Julie! It will be invaluable to have the information that only you can provide.

I just e-mailed the video about Johnny to the Huff Post. Hope they do something with it.

FABGOD!!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!

I don't know why, but this is the first time I had listened to this... absolutely wonderful!!! I love your voice, and I could just go on and on, but you have one more fan... ME.

THANK YOU!!!!! WOW!!!!

Hi, Julie! Welcome to Webseluths!! I live in Texas but Johnny has been in my prayers and you and your parents as well.

NONNI BRENDA---:rocker:

I feel so relieved now that Julie can talk to everyone. Maybe now we can get back to doing some real sleuthing! I felt like our hands were tied, no new info from LE, media. Julie can answer all our questions.:websleuther:
Now, back to what you all do best, Sleuthing !

I feel so relieved now that Julie can talk to everyone. Maybe now we can get back to doing some real sleuthing! I felt like our hands were tied, no new info from LE, media. Julie can answer all our questions.:websleuther:
Now, back to what you all do best, Sleuthing !

Finally! I am so happy that you were able to get Julie to join. I know I've been harping on how important I think the family's involvement could be (on WS), and with Julie here I think it will be much easier to move forward.

You never cease to amaze me, NB!

FABGOD!!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!

I don't know why, but this is the first time I had listened to this... absolutely wonderful!!! I love your voice, and I could just go on and on, but you have one more fan... ME.

THANK YOU!!!!! WOW!!!!

Here are the lyrics:

"running blind, but my soul she still knows the way,
don't be scared of the dark, hold on to your heart,
come what may
We'll be fine,
'cos somewhere Angels walk that line
but the faith I got, It ain't never gonna stop
if it takes me the rest of my life

Me & Johnny Brown
caught in a world turned upside down
when the lightning comes