SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another question, Somebody, I think Peekerfoo, mentioned passing the Johnny song on to Nancy Grace.
What would be the situation, if I passed it on and say Nancy Grace wanted to run a story, would I /we be doing the right thing in bringing this to National attention in light of how we feel?
Lets just say someone called us up for an interview, In light of the NonniBrenda interview, what could we say?
Without sounding nasty which isnt my intention at all, if we say anything, it could be turned into a problem just as the bus quote was.

6 weeks and 2 days missing today.
I am not understanding this at all now, This Man went missing and was seen alive, he wasn't an abduction case he was/is a genuine missing person, what has gone wrong?

If Johnny Brown was a fugitive trying to evade detection he couldn't do a better job.

On the plus side, even though there have been no sightings of Johnny, there has been no bad news either, I don't know if CUE are still searching on the ground or if that stopped, but the Dogs surely would have picked up a scent and located Johnny alive or dead, which has to give hope that he has moved on somewhere, but why is he not approaching people like he did in the early days?

Its gone very quiet here since the new thread, somehow, this case needs new impetus from somewhere.
Have we ever had confirmation that Johnnys "habits" were passed on to LE fully?
Would Law Enforcement be inclined to speak with people with a similar persuasion to try and find a lead?

Just another thought and I know this is a generalisation, but do the Homeless tend to come out more at night looking for the days waste and remains?

It has been far too long. The only thing I can think of is that he's with people who don't watch TV or use the internet. Actually, I have another thought, but it's too sad to even think about.

My only hope is that LE is interviewing those with a "similar persuasion" and not letting this fall by the wayside. I have faith that LE is still plugging away at this and have not given up.

The homeless coming out at night is probably spot on. I've seen plenty of them during the day, but it does make you wonder if there are even more out there at night. It would make sense.

Hopefully we'll get a break soon. It is amazing that he has elluded LE, but he could be in a place where they have no idea that he's even a missing person.

I've seen no new news about him as of this morning. I wonder what the family is doing now? I hope they aren't pinning all of their hopes on wishful thinking.

Another question, Somebody, I think Peekerfoo, mentioned passing the Johnny song on to Nancy Grace.
What would be the situation, if I passed it on and say Nancy Grace wanted to run a story, would I /we be doing the right thing in bringing this to National attention in light of how we feel?
Lets just say someone called us up for an interview, In light of the NonniBrenda interview, what could we say?
Without sounding nasty which isnt my intention at all, if we say anything, it could be turned into a problem just as the bus quote was.

I guess you could say that you're a concerned person and are worried for this man. I wish NG would run with this story even if it was just for a minute of air time. It's public knowledge that he's missing. It's on FB and it's been on the news. Anyone can CARE IMO.

I guess you could say that you're a concerned person and are worried for this man. I wish NG would run with this story even if it was just for a minute of air time. It's public knowledge that he's missing. It's on FB and it's been on the news. Anyone can CARE IMO.

I dont know how it works with US programmes, but I would guess that the TV channel would want to talk to someone, so for example if that someone was me, I wouldnt know what to say as fact or indeed for fear of contradiction of perceived facts and I couldnt just say for example oh I wrote this song for a missing guy and dont know anything about it, it wouldnt be news worthy.

I just don't know how the land lies with the story anymore personally and after all that everyone has done, I find that troubling.

It has been far too long. The only thing I can think of is that he's with people who don't watch TV or use the internet. Actually, I have another thought, but it's too sad to even think about.

My only hope is that LE is interviewing those with a "similar persuasion" and not letting this fall by the wayside. I have faith that LE is still plugging away at this and have not given up.

The homeless coming out at night is probably spot on. I've seen plenty of them during the day, but it does make you wonder if there are even more out there at night. It would make sense.

Hopefully we'll get a break soon. It is amazing that he has elluded LE, but he could be in a place where they have no idea that he's even a missing person.

I've seen no new news about him as of this morning. I wonder what the family is doing now? I hope they aren't pinning all of their hopes on wishful thinking.

I agree with everything you say Peekerfoo, the only thing to add is that even if he is in a place where they have no idea Johnny is missing - Johnny knows!
Johnny if he is with people, He has been capable of getting this far, the people he is with must have some sort of interaction with him, so why would he not be saying he wanted to go home or was lost?
I think he would be very capable of letting someone know he was lost, thats not to say he isnt being held against his will, but what would be the incentive for that, he doesnt look wealthy by the belongings that he went missing with, I just don't know why the silence if he is indeed still alive

I dont know how it works with US programmes, but I would guess that the TV channel would want to talk to someone, so for example if that someone was me, I wouldnt know what to say as fact or indeed for fear of contradiction of perceived facts and I couldnt just say for example oh I wrote this song for a missing guy and dont know anything about it, it wouldnt be news worthy.

I just don't know how the land lies with the story anymore personally and after all that everyone has done, I find that troubling.

I guess you could say that you're a member of a crime forum (check TOS about actually using WS name) and read about this story and checked out the news reports on MSM in SC and the (still unchanged) FB page. You felt sympathy for the guy and wrote a song to help raise awareness. There would be nothing wrong with that IMO.

I can see where you're going with this, but I don't think you have to get into anymore particulars than what is known fact (mainly from the TV and newspaper articles).

I hope that you go ahead and do it. Some of us have already attempted to get NG's ear and so far, no word. Get her attention and the rest will be easy.

Hmmmm trying to figure out how to post a theory, something purely hypothetical, without any issues....

I hope that you go ahead and do it. Some of us have already attempted to get NG's ear and so far, no word. Get her attention and the rest will be easy.

Ok, emailed Nancy Grace, lets see what if anything comes back.
I hope this is the right thing to do!

If NG was interested in running the story, I think it would be perfectly fine to state that you are a victim rights advocate and are concerned about a case that appears to be receiving very little main-stream media attention. The facts that we know are somewhat confusing, and it has been hard to discern if what we know is rumor or fact. What we DO know is that a 44 year old man with a speech disability is missing, and his family needs to find what happened to him. It is reasonable to think he is trying to find his way home, and the public should be aware of him so that they will recognize him if they encounter him along the way.

Nancy is from Atlanta, GA, so she should find this story interesting enough to do a segment on it. I think it's a great idea and I hope it works out.

It bothers me that this thread has slowed down, and seems to be only a few posting on it now. Have we run out of anything to talk about? He has to be somewhere, but is it possible he could have managed to get to another town, miles away? If so, is he even going in the right direction?

If I were in a strange city and had to try to make my way back home, it would be tricky because I am not great with directions.

Nancy is from Atlanta, GA, so she should find this story interesting enough to do a segment on it. I think it's a great idea and I hope it works out.

It bothers me that this thread has slowed down, and seems to be only a few posting on it now. Have we run out of anything to talk about? He has to be somewhere, but is it possible he could have managed to get to another town, miles away? If so, is he even going in the right direction?

If I were in a strange city and had to try to make my way back home, it would be tricky because I am not great with directions.

Sadly, the thread has slowed down. It's probably because we aren't getting any new information from anywhere. I don't know what there is to post about. The family knows all about us, even appeared on the talk show, but hasn't made an effort in joining in here to help. MSM isn't picking it up. Not much posted on the CUE site. I don't get it.

It bothers me too, I think we might have had a bit of the stuffing knocked out of us because of recent events and I for one am questioning what is correct and what isnt.
You are right though TexasLady2, he has to be out there somewhere but it is a big somewhere.
Technically he could be anywhere in the US by now, depending on where he got rides too.
I just think he has enough about him from what he have been told eventually, to somehow get his point across as to being lost etc.

The worrying side of that is why hasnt he done that, unless he simply doesnt want to?
Everyone has done a great job without question and it would be a shame to give up, but, without support and information from anywhere its a losing battle.
The part I dont understand at all, is this isnt a crime case there doesnt have to be any secrecy as far as we know?
So why dont the agencies come clean, tell the public what they know, where he has been seen what they are thinking, that cannot do any harm.
Same for CUE and even the family, spread the word, be honest tell us what is needed and see if the public respond.

The members on here that were very involved have done everything they could with the information available, all out of the goodness of their hearts, I think it hurts a bit to be reprimanded for doing that to be honest

Has LE classified Johnny as a missing endangered adult?

I feel like we're walking on tippy toes to not say the wrong thing, let me put it this way---
If this was my loved one I would want anyone who was willing to help, in any way, to do so. I would be the one who would be contacting the various resources at my disposal. I would be on here in a heart beat begging all of you to help me and provide me with direction. I would be begging the media (any media) to keep this story in the news. I would make sure that all those who were helping received the most honest information I could provide you with. I'd have a FB page up that didn't ask for money for me, but to help find my LO. If it was put up like that by mistake, I'd get it changed PRONTO. I'd use whatever means I had to find my LO. The only way I wouldn't do those things is if I was flat out told not to by LE (which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's possible I guess) or I was in some way responsible for what happened to my loved one. That's just me.... not this family, no one else...just me. And that's JMO.

It bothers me too, I think we might have had a bit of the stuffing knocked out of us because of recent events and I for one am questioning what is correct and what isnt.
You are right though TexasLady2, he has to be out there somewhere but it is a big somewhere.
Technically he could be anywhere in the US by now, depending on where he got rides too.
I just think he has enough about him from what he have been told eventually, to somehow get his point across as to being lost etc.

The worrying side of that is why hasnt he done that, unless he simply doesnt want to?
Everyone has done a great job without question and it would be a shame to give up, but, without support and information from anywhere its a losing battle.
The part I dont understand at all, is this isnt a crime case there doesnt have to be any secrecy as far as we know?
So why dont the agencies come clean, tell the public what they know, where he has been seen what they are thinking, that cannot do any harm.
Same for CUE and even the family, spread the word, be honest tell us what is needed and see if the public respond.

The members on here that were very involved have done everything they could with the information available, all out of the goodness of their hearts, I think it hurts a bit to be reprimanded for doing that to be honest

Agreed. So when was the last known sighting? Was it when he was with a homeless guy and wanted the bus to take him to Atlanta?
I've thought a lot about the possibility of him finding a group of homeless around there. They pretty much accept anyone, once their initial wariness disappears and they figure out the person isn't out to hurt them or steal from them. They could be feeding him, and kind of training him to fend for himself. These homeless wouldn't have ready access to the news, so they may not know he is lost and wanting to go home. Also LE in most places tend to leave them alone and not hassle them much as long as they're not spotted trying to steal something.
I'm sure LE around MB are aware of him, but might not be actively looking for him. And as you said, he could have hitched a ride anywhere, but what if they can't understand where it is he needs to go?
I don't know why this case has grabbed me, but I just want him to be found so his parents don't have to die worrying about him and wondering what happened to him.

Sadly, the thread has slowed down. It's probably because we aren't getting any new information from anywhere. I don't know what there is to post about. The family knows all about us, even appeared on the talk show, but hasn't made an effort in joining in here to help. MSM isn't picking it up. Not much posted on the CUE site. I don't get it.

I doubt if his parents even have a computer or know how to use one, but surely his sister has had some experience with computers. I don't understand this, either. If I could afford it, I'd go to MB and help look for him myself. It's breaking my heart that there is so little interest in Johnny's case.

It is most definitely frustrating to not have any information, and for a case that seems like it would be a big media case to simply just..... dissolve into thin air - like the missing person. I for one, am NOT giving up. Yes, I am limited as to what I can do, but I intend to keep looking, and if Johnny isn't found soon, I guess I will keep looking for years and years. I worry SO much about him!!! As I have stated before, his disability is a limitation for being able to communicate, but I fear that it is also a beacon to some people who are prone to take advantage of disabled people. I can't help but think about the case of the four disabled/mentally challenged people found in a boiler room basement last year in Philadelphia. Read the story here about Edwin Sanabria, one of the victims.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-19/news/31077303_1_brother-group-home-lives

He had been missing from his family since 1999!!! I remember one of the stories about the people found in Philadelphia - they were moved from state to state, and at one time, they were at a rest stop and not allowed to go the bathroom, but were chained in the back of a SUV with blankets covering the windows. If I ever saw something like that, I would find an excuse to accidentally throw a rock and break the window or something. As a society, we have to learn to care enough about each other to pay attention. That does NOT mean getting up in everyone's business, but it also means we are aware. That is one of the things I think all WS members are good at - we live in a heightened state of awareness from the rest of the world, and we have a duty to keep looking, and discussing. Sorry for the long post... don't get discouraged.... keep looking. Love to all of you! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#
Back