SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, I don't think so... can you point me to a link?

I'm sure his parents are worried sick. As I would be if I were in their shoes.

The first page of the original thread .Media interview with a waitress and Johnny's mom.

Oh, thanks. I thought you meant a more recent interview.
Yes, it's heartbreaking. Nobody but another mother would ever understand the love of one, and to most moms with special needs kids, that love is even more pronounced because of their disability, no matter what it is.

I had a great experience today and wanted to share--
I went to Walmart in Garden City (just south of Surfside) and near the entrance I saw two African-American gentleman talking. One was a Walmart employee, and since I DID have my trusty bag of posters with me, I asked if he would put one up wherever they would allow it. He said he would. The man with him asked me all about Johnny, so I explained the whole story. He asked me if I had anymore posters (of course I did LOL) because his wife is a Minister at one of the churches in Georgetown. I gave him several and he said he knew exactly the right places in G-town to put them up. He also told me that his wife would mention Johhny's story at services on Sunday. I thanked him profusely and he thanked me. This, my friends, is why having flyers and posters in your car at all times is a good thing! I got more accomplished in ten minutes than I did in one day in G-town. Something about this chance meeting made feel really positive.

I had a performance tonight in Augusta for Arts In The Heart of Augusta - a yearly arts festival. You have to get through security to get in the gate, so I took a flyer with me because I knew Richmond County LE would be running security. I caught 3 of them clustered together at the end of the evening, and gave them a flyer along with the reasons Johnny could be in Augusta, GA. I have a second performance tomorrow evening, but I will be free from working before that, so I plan on making extra posters and attaching them to various locations downtown. 'Note to self:' I need to get a bag like Peekerfoo has!!!

I understand completely, NB! You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with this! Without your terrific interviewing skills we wouldn't have any idea about who JB is and the what he's like. All of that information is important in trying to find him. If any missing guy loved hot dogs, I'm not going to make the taco stand my first search priority...

Rest up, my friend, and if you feel up to it down the road you can always change your mind. If you don't, then that's fine, too. You have given enough in this case, so don't ever feel otherwise. :takeabow:

Thank you sweet Peek. I just hope everyone understands it wasn't my intention to post rumors. I know I have no proof that what I found out is true, but I feel 99% that it was. Anyway, I really was glad that I was in a position to help. I was just one member of a fantastic team. I'm still here, and if I see where I can make a difference in finding Johnny, or anyone else, you'll hear from me again.:websleuther:

I'm so proud of both of you!!
And.... who knows? These might be the things that end up in finding Johnny and getting him home!! The more people that hear about him, the more looking for him.

I've been drawn to this thread like a moth to a candle. My favorite posters were actively involved and who could not be impassioned about a special needs person who was lost?

How sweet to come here and see, really see, generous caring souls in action! It refreshes my heart and makes that half empty glass half full.

But seeing you all still not giving up and in action, even after you've realized the fact that you might not be fully appreciated or not have initially been given all the facts you needed to work with, has done my heart good ~ and I thank you. Your generous hearts are apparent to all you came in contact with in the MB area as well as us here at WS. That impact will be forever burned into my memory regardless of how soon Johnny is located.

Here I am at 66 years old and wishing that when I grow up I can be just like you.

:tyou:​

I had a great experience today and wanted to share--
I went to Walmart in Garden City (just south of Surfside) and near the entrance I saw two African-American gentleman talking. One was a Walmart employee, and since I DID have my trusty bag of posters with me, I asked if he would put one up wherever they would allow it. He said he would. The man with him asked me all about Johnny, so I explained the whole story. He asked me if I had anymore posters (of course I did LOL) because his wife is a Minister at one of the churches in Georgetown. I gave him several and he said he knew exactly the right places in G-town to put them up. He also told me that his wife would mention Johhny's story at services on Sunday. I thanked him profusely and he thanked me. This, my friends, is why having flyers and posters in your car at all times is a good thing! I got more accomplished in ten minutes than I did in one day in G-town. Something about this chance meeting made feel really positive.

Peekerfoo, this is what makes me believe in miracles! This could be the miracle we have been waiting for...

I had a performance tonight in Augusta for Arts In The Heart of Augusta - a yearly arts festival. You have to get through security to get in the gate, so I took a flyer with me because I knew Richmond County LE would be running security. I caught 3 of them clustered together at the end of the evening, and gave them a flyer along with the reasons Johnny could be in Augusta, GA. I have a second performance tomorrow evening, but I will be free from working before that, so I plan on making extra posters and attaching them to various locations downtown. 'Note to self:' I need to get a bag like Peekerfoo has!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about Reannan! There are opportunities everywhere to get the word out! Good job!

Thank you sweet Peek. I just hope everyone understands it wasn't my intention to post rumors. I know I have no proof that what I found out is true, but I feel 99% that it was. Anyway, I really was glad that I was in a position to help. I was just one member of a fantastic team. I'm still here, and if I see where I can make a difference in finding Johnny, or anyone else, you'll hear from me again.:websleuther:

You've already made a huge difference, Nonni B!

Peekerfoo, this is what makes me believe in miracles! This could be the miracle we have been waiting for...

It was amazing to me because I tried to find someone at the churches that JB might end up at in G-town. I had no luck speaking to a Minister or anyone. So, how great is it to find the exact person I needed to help Johnny at Walmart? I'm not familiar with where the best spots to hang posters in Gtown are, but he knows! He was so concerned about Johnny and since his wife is a Minister it was just a win-win encounter! It made my day!!

You better get Miss James, OLG, Nosyws etc on board or you might never be found!!:what:

Everyone can get involved in my impending disappearance! If I get a chance to write a final note before a kidnapper gets me, it'll read 'tell websleuths... they'll know what to do' haha!

I put a post up on Craigs List re: Johnny. Hey, I'll try anything! If anyone else would like to do the same, please consider it.

Good morning Peekerfoo. Hope your weekend is starting well.

Good morning to you, Nonni Brenda! So far,so good! I hope you've been able to rest up some. Maybe today will the be the day that Johnny is found! :please:

I also started a topic for Johnny on TOPIX Myrtle Beach. Desperate here..... LOL

Your resourcefulness is neverending, Peek! I'm agreeing with everyone that you better be heading my SAR team if it ever comes to that, lol! (And I hope Steely Dan is not reading here cause I know I'm giving him an opening for one of his famous Jersey jokes!)

Your resourcefulness is neverending, Peek! I'm agreeing with everyone that you better be heading my SAR team if it ever comes to that, lol! (And I hope Steely Dan is not reading here cause I know I'm giving him an opening for one of his famous Jersey jokes!)

You do NOT want me heading any SAR team! I can barely find my way around The Piggly Wiggly, so I'd be a goner in Joisey...er New Jersey. So, Steely Dan has a thing for Jersey, eh? LOL:what:

If you ever get lost in Myrtle Beach I'll call the Pros--OLG and Miss James. I'll follow them around bowing and muttering, "I'm not worthy...."

6 weeks and 2 days missing today.
I am not understanding this at all now, This Man went missing and was seen alive, he wasn't an abduction case he was/is a genuine missing person, what has gone wrong?

If Johnny Brown was a fugitive trying to evade detection he couldn't do a better job.

On the plus side, even though there have been no sightings of Johnny, there has been no bad news either, I don't know if CUE are still searching on the ground or if that stopped, but the Dogs surely would have picked up a scent and located Johnny alive or dead, which has to give hope that he has moved on somewhere, but why is he not approaching people like he did in the early days?

Its gone very quiet here since the new thread, somehow, this case needs new impetus from somewhere.
Have we ever had confirmation that Johnnys "habits" were passed on to LE fully?
Would Law Enforcement be inclined to speak with people with a similar persuasion to try and find a lead?

Just another thought and I know this is a generalisation, but do the Homeless tend to come out more at night looking for the days waste and remains?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back