SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adding to my post above regarding what we can all do to help find Johhny--

If you can't get out to hang flyers, then please e-mail the info to your local LE.

If you get flyers made keep them in your vehicle, so you'll have them at all times. I keep all my "Johnny materials" in a tote bag in mine, so I can be prepared in case I end up somewhere that looks like a good place to leave them.

If you're travelling, leave them at gas stations, rest stops, etc.

If you know any truckers, pass some on to them.

Free clinics homeless shelters, soup kitchens, public restrooms, etc. are also places JB might visit.

These are just a few things we can do in GA and SC. There are people on here who are much smarter than I am, so if you have suggestions, please add. If you live in those states do what you can.

Flyers are $.09 each at Office Depot (and they can be even less if you tell them what it's for). PLEASE--if you live anywhere in GA or SC get a few made and get them out there. You could be the one that gets Johnny home to Cartersville!

Just checking in (Augusta, GA area) .... I have given flyers about Johnny to the campus security here at our hospital/university and I have taken them to the local homeless shelter. I have also showed them to some of the liquor stores that are in the area of town that is an area Johnny would probably end up being in if he were in Augusta with homeless/transient people. (For those of you from Augusta, I went to Bill's Place - the liquor store on Broad Street down by the strip clubs where "The Snake Lady" used to dance. :blushing: ) I think it is a good idea to take one by the local law enforcement agencies. I will try to get that done this weekend.

That's what I'm talking about, Reannan! :woohoo: You just never know where he'll end up! We also should consider that this is a tourist town, so people come here from all over. Even if Johnny is not in that particular town, someone on vacation from there may have run into him.

Thanks for all your help with "Project Johnny" !! We can make a difference even if we have to do it one town/city at a time!

I'm so sorry. The work everybody has been much appreciated by us on here.:rocker:

Just a wild guess, but maybe somebody with the family contacted the mods and complained??????????

I don't think it was a family member who complained.
It really doesn't matter .I think we've done all we can for Johnny ,at this point.

I think I mentioned this before,but on trips with family friends I'm called the lemming and my husband and friend are the cutter-inners.

When a highway sign says "incident up ahead ,merge right" I merge and follow the pack. My husband and friend will go as far up as they can go on the left ,passing all those who followed the instructions ,and then cut in at the last minute.

I'm a rule follower ,not a cutter-inner ,LOL. I would never want to break TOS or interfere with LE. It's all good.

I'm worried for Johnny, I can't help but be. He may be an adult, but adults can be taken advantage of, too. He could have fallen in with some gang of petty criminals that are using him, influencing him to do things that are illegal and dangerous.
My prayers go out to his family, and for the situation they're in. It is heartbreaking to not know where a loved one is, or what they're doing. Your children are still your children, no matter how old they are, and one with special needs is even more of a concern. Wherever he is, I pray that Johnny will try to call home and let someone know where he is. I pray that he is with a caring person. It won't be long now until cold weather hits us. How is he going to stay warm?

Nonni Brenda I don't think you did anything that was wrong. You are probably the one person who qualifies as a verified insider because you knew the family before Johnny went missing and you're from Cartersville. You have been an absoulute angel in trying to get information that would lead us to him. We have to know certain things in order to know where to look. It makes the haystack smaller while trying to find the needle! I understand that you're tired and I don't blame you one bit if you don't want to be our verified insider, but I hope you'll give it some thought. I don't feel that you've over-stepped your bounds at all. I don't know how to proceed without any information from the family because there aren't any pressers or updates in the media as of late.

I plan to keep plugging away here and hanging flyers when I'm out and about. I can't keep dedicating entire days, but I'd be glad to do it when I'm visiting places with my friends and family. It would be an awesome thing if everyone on WS who lives anywhere in Georgia or SC did the same. Flyers don't cost much and we could cover a lot more area if everyone pitched in. People who live in GA and SC could also be helpful by taking a flyer to their local PD and explaining Johnny's speech impediment and other difficulties. If he is picked up for any reason and cannot communicate well it may be the one thing that will help. We cannot let ourselves feel helpless!

What about places like the unemployment offices ,temporary employment agencies , public health clinics ,etc.....

Sam has OT tomorrow and we have 2 family commitments Sat .I could come up Sunday or one day next week if anyone wants to team up. I should qualify that with,Sam is being scheduled for a bunch of medical appts and testing .He had a pretty long seizure in school last Friday.
I don't have dates and times yet ,so they may impact my schedule next week, but I would really like to come to come back to MB and help with the fliers and posters when I can.

The psychiatrist testifying in the Hemmy Neuman trial just used the term "mental retardation".
It's still very much used as the name of a diagnosis within the medical community. JMO,based on my experience with my son who has mental retardation. It's not a slur or a derogatory label unless it's intended to be.JMHO

I'm worried for Johnny, I can't help but be. He may be an adult, but adults can be taken advantage of, too. He could have fallen in with some gang of petty criminals that are using him, influencing him to do things that are illegal and dangerous.
My prayers go out to his family, and for the situation they're in. It is heartbreaking to not know where a loved one is, or what they're doing. Your children are still your children, no matter how old they are, and one with special needs is even more of a concern. Wherever he is, I pray that Johnny will try to call home and let someone know where he is. I pray that he is with a caring person. It won't be long now until cold weather hits us. How is he going to stay warm?

If something like that is happening ,maybe LE will pick him up ? :please:

TxLady ,did you watch the video of Johnny's mom? It really is heartbreaking.
She deserves some peace of mind. :rose:

I really thought Johnny would be home before now.

I worry for him, too. It's already been a little chilly (by southern standards) here at night. Nothing drastic, but it might be uncomfortable if he doesn't have the proper clothes.

I check out any photos or video that the news puts out to see if Johnny is in them because, you're right, someone could be using him for such things.

My son is in California and if I don't hear from him for a few days, I start to panic. I can't imagine what this is like for Johnny's parents!

What about places like the unemployment offices ,temporary employment agencies , public health clinics ,etc.....

Sam has OT tomorrow and we have 2 family commitments Sat .I could come up Sunday or one day next week if anyone wants to team up. I should qualify that with,Sam is being scheduled for a bunch of medical appts and testing .He had a pretty long seizure in school last Friday.
I don't have dates and times yet ,so they may impact my schedule next week, but I would really like to come to come back to MB and help with the fliers and posters when I can.

Good ideas!

I can't do it Sunday, but one day next will probably work for me. My schedule isn't as busy as yours and OLG's so whatever works for you two (and anyone else who might want to meet up).

I'm going to take some flyers to the Goodwill store today. If he needs clothing maybe someone would direct him there. They also hire people with disabilities, so that's another angle to consider.

Just checking in (Augusta, GA area) .... I have given flyers about Johnny to the campus security here at our hospital/university and I have taken them to the local homeless shelter. I have also showed them to some of the liquor stores that are in the area of town that is an area Johnny would probably end up being in if he were in Augusta with homeless/transient people. (For those of you from Augusta, I went to Bill's Place - the liquor store on Broad Street down by the strip clubs where "The Snake Lady" used to dance. :blushing: ) I think it is a good idea to take one by the local law enforcement agencies. I will try to get that done this weekend.

I hope if Johnny is trying to get home he goes through Augusta ,because you have that place covered ! Thank you ,so much !!!! :blowkiss:

I'm going to take some flyers to the Goodwill store today. If he needs clothing maybe someone would direct him there. They also hire people with disabilities, so that's another angle to consider.

I'm also hoping someone who has seen him will see the fliers,if he's staying with someone or hanging out in a neighborhood.

I have a 28 year old son who will only shop at Goodwill. Doesn't matter what he can afford ,he likes the idea of all they do,recycling ,saving $$ ,etc....

I'm a fan ,too ,but not quite as much as he is.

I'm also hoping someone who has seen him will see the fliers,if he's staying with someone or hanging out in a neighborhood.

I have a 28 year old son who will only shop at Goodwill. Doesn't matter what he can afford ,he likes the idea of all they do,recycling ,saving $$ ,etc....

I'm a fan ,too ,but not quite as much as he is.

My son is a bit of a Hipster and he's been going there for years. I guess they like the idea of reuse and recycle, too. It makes sense really.

It's official--I've lost my mind....
After the big speech above about keeping a flyer kit in your car, I get up to the Goodwill, open the back of my SUV and no bag. I looked everywhere. I get home and there it is on the kitchen counter. DH brought it into the house with the groceries yesterday! I'll swing by next time I'm out.

Apparently nothing happened while was out running errands?
C'mon Johhny! Show up somewhere soon!

Just checking in, had a look round the news sites but nothing on JLB, recent events certainly took a bit of the wind out of our sails didnt they?

Everyone probably needed the break, it was a little hectic for a while.

Come on Johnny sort it out!

BBM
I think that is a great idea Peekerfoo. I probably over stepped my bounds in this case. I just thought I was doing the right thing...I do see why the TOS about "verified insider" are as such. I just did not think ahead when I should have.

The TOS of Websleuths serve two purposes - to protect websleuths from legal problems and to protect victims and families from harm. They are very good reasons for rules, and for the most part i think people should follow them. If legal issues arise - this board won't be here.

At the same time, some rules are made to be broken occasionally - I'm glad I got to read your post Nonni Brenda. It gave me some peace that Johnny is probably ok, somewhere, just not at home.

Just checking in, had a look round the news sites but nothing on JLB, recent events certainly took a bit of the wind out of our sails didnt they?

Everyone probably needed the break, it was a little hectic for a while.

Come on Johnny sort it out!

I just checked the Horry County Detention Center and he hasn't been arrested for anything. That's good news or bad news depending on how you look at it:what:

Just because they had to tidy up the last thread shouldn't mean the end of our quest to find Johnny. There has to be a way to talk about Johnny without stepping on any toes. We need a Verified Insider and the only one who qualifies (per Kimster) is Nonni Brenda. Unless someone else has been holding out on us...:dunno:

The TOS of Websleuths serve two purposes - to protect websleuths from legal problems and to protect victims and families from harm. They are very good reasons for rules, and for the most part i think people should follow them. If legal issues arise - this board won't be here.

At the same time, some rules are made to be broken occasionally - I'm glad I got to read your post Nonni Brenda. It gave me some peace that Johnny is probably ok, somewhere, just not at home.

Free NonniBrenda :jail:

Am I getting this wrong? lol!

If something like that is happening ,maybe LE will pick him up ? :please:

TxLady ,did you watch the video of Johnny's mom? It really is heartbreaking.
She deserves some peace of mind. :rose:

I really thought Johnny would be home before now.

No, I don't think so... can you point me to a link?

I'm sure his parents are worried sick. As I would be if I were in their shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back