SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been thinking about the other name on Johnny's flyer who is apparently a relative. I've never seen her on the local news. I'm just wondering if she's been in any news reports that I haven't seen?

Her name is Jacque Hill (it's on the flyers so I'm not spilling anything that isn't already public). I think she may be his other sister?

I can't find anything new either, is it a known area for homeless people or anything like that?

It seems that anywhere around here where there are woods is a possible place for homeless people to live. Parts of 82nd are woodsy and like I said the YMCA is near there, too. It wouldn't shock me if homeless folks lived around there.

I wish I'd just driven to the Jiffy Lube, waited for him to get down there and then asked him if he was Johnny Brown. Again, the stupid pants made me think it wasn't and when you add in the bright umbrella it just didn't seem logical at that moment that it could be him.:banghead: The hat and shirt are the only things that cinch it for me besides the proper height, weight, and general appearance.

I didn't report it directly to the police but to someone else who was close to the investigation and was told they would tell them. I did tell the Surfside Police when I stopped in to talk with them and get some flyers. No one ever took a statement or talked to me about it. SPD may have assumed I already reported it to MBPD (whose case it is), but what if what I said never made it to the MBPD? That would be odd, don't you think?

The Surfside police officer who responded to the Flea Market the same day you called,gave us his personal phone # and we called with your info. He didn't answer so OLG left a message on his voicemail.

For a caregiver of someone with a medical condition, communication disorder or cognitive impairment, an ID bracelet would be a wise investment, IMO. Medical alert bracelets require a fee, but they connect the caregiver to a 24-hour community response network. This would have been an invaluable tool for Johnny. I do hope Johnny is soon re-united with his family, but I hope they will consider getting him an ID bracelet when he returns.

You can get medical alert bracelets that simply engrave the info you want known .My go to is Lauren's Hope. I wear two and my son wears two ,cuz we have a LOT of info ,LOL
I also got one for my MIL after my FIL died.She likes to walk every morning .Though she doesn't have any medical issues ,if anything happened to her it has our contact info on it.

The Surfside police officer who responded to the Flea Market the same day you called,gave us his personal phone # and we called with your info. He didn't answer so OLG left a message on his voicemail.

That makes me feel so much better, Miss James! I had visions of someone else neglecting to tell them. I also told them when I stopped in at the SPD.

I hope we get some information!!!! If we don't at least, LE knows that we are not easily dismissed. Some of us care deeply about what happened to Johnny Lamar Brown. Some of us will never give up.....

I've been waiting on pins and needles to learn about the body found since yesterday. I'm tired of waiting. Come on LE clue us in! Maybe someone can call the cops to at least try to learn what enthicity the deceased was.

Anyone have any contact with the sister at all?

We were told it's against WS policy to contact anyone in the case. All the info we were able to get from them has been erased ,so no,no one is in touch to the best of my knowledge.

Frustration level remains the same ,either way.

I hope we get some information!!!! If we don't at least, LE knows that we are not easily dismissed. Some of us care deeply about what happened to Johnny Lamar Brown. Some of us will never give up.....

That was on August 25th : (
BUT ,he took the situation seriously .

That makes me feel so much better, Miss James! I had visions of someone else neglecting to tell them. I also told them when I stopped in at the SPD.

This Surfside PO lived close to the flea market and was going to check out the areas in the woods where homeless live.
He knew to keep a look out for Johnny and so did all the vendors we talked to in the flea market . Makes me think Johnny is no longer in that area or he would have been found by now.

I checked the "updated" news on the body this morning, too and I didn't see where it was updated at all. I wonder if it's a homeless person and they're having trouble finding the next of kin or identifying him. In a way that's good news for Johnny because they should've been able to contact someone in his family by now if it was him.

This Surfside PO lived close to the flea market and was going to check out the areas in the woods where homeless live.
He knew to keep a look out for Johnny and so did all the vendors we talked to in the flea market . Makes me think Johnny is no longer in that area or he would have been found by now.

I totally agree with you. When the Jiffy Lube guys told me that the the SPD stop there a couple of times a day, and from other things I've heard around here, I felt comfortable that they were truly looking hard for Johnny. I don't think he's here or they would've had more sighting or found him by now. JMO

I totally agree with you. When the Jiffy Lube guys told me that the the SPD stop there a couple of times a day, and from other things I've heard around here, I felt comfortable that they were truly looking hard for Johnny. I don't think he's here or they would've had more sighting or found him by now. JMO

And thats what is worrying me with this body at Grand Strand, there has been nothing at all in the media about Johnny, it seems so odd to me

And thats what is worrying me with this body at Grand Strand, there has been nothing at all in the media about Johnny, it seems so odd to me

The only thing that doesn't worry me about the body is that Johnny is entered into NCIC and NaMus, so I would think they'd check that out if they didn't know his identity. On a scarier note, they could be waiting for family to get there to ID the body. In that case I am somewhat worried, because it might take a day or so to make arrangements to get here to do that.

The only thing that doesn't worry me about the body is that Johnny is entered into NCIC and NaMus, so I would think they'd check that out if they didn't know his identity. On a scarier note, they could be waiting for family to get there to ID the body. In that case I am somewhat worried, because it might take a day or so to make arrangements to get here to do that.

I am really hoping and praying its not Johnny as we all are.

It seems odd to state that the death seems to be from natural causes, in a woodland?
The only thing I can think is that the person has been found in a makeshift bed so he would be homeless and obviously has died lying there, because if he was in any other position how could they state natural causes almost immediately?

Regards NCIC and NamUS
Depending how long a body had been there, it may not have any fingerprints left, so would have to be ID'd by Dental or DNA records, which would take time.
Johnny as we know had no ID on him

I am really hoping and praying its not Johnny as we all are.

It seems odd to state that the death seems to be from natural causes, in a woodland?
The only thing I can think is that the person has been found in a makeshift bed so he would be homeless and obviously has died lying there, because if he was in any other position how could they state natural causes almost immediately?

Regards NCIC and NamUS
Depending how long a body had been there, it may not have any fingerprints left, so would have to be ID'd by Dental or DNA records, which would take time.
Johnny as we know had no ID on him

I just contacted someone who may be able to find out more information. If he worked the nightshift, it may take awhile.

I'm worried. Johnny didn't have his ID on him. Hopefully they really do have his fingerprints for comparison. DNA would take longer.
Also,I think as a courtesy they would wait until ALL of his close relatives were notified ,since they've been working with the family.
:please: prayers for whoever they found.

How far is this wooded area near the hospital to the flea market area ?

Is this anywhere near the helicopter flights for tourists ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998
Back