SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is just all strange. no searches? no warrants for the FB info? I know police don't put everything out there, obviously, but this is just really weird.

this (seemingly) non-activity by the police makes me think of something I saw on Dateline I think it was last week. I don't remember the names of everyone involved, but basically a guy was suspected of killing 2 of his business associates and the police got word that he was putting out a hit on his wife as well. They told her she needed to come to their office immediately. They told her the news, and put her into hiding. She said that they wouldn't allow her to contact ANYONE. She couldn't return home, couldn't do anything except stay with the police in hiding. Her family had no idea and were of course upset that she was missing. The police told her friends/family to look for her, but I don't know if THEY themselves ever organized a search (and why would they use those time/resources when they knew where she was?) As far as anyone in her life knew, she was missing and/or dead. I don't remember how long she was in hiding, i don't think it was for 2 months, but kind of makes me think it could be a similar scenario going on here maybe. Would explain the police not really going anywhere w/ the investigation, and would explain glasses, contacts, etc left behind in haste.

At this point and with what little we know...its as possible as any other scenario.

This is mind boggling. I was just searching around for other missing couples/missing car cases- so many cars found submerged in water. Also, quite a few that were murders due to property disputes. KB and CDC had just moved to a new place-- perhaps they encountered a problem tenant or neighbor? I wonder if police have checked sex offenders nearby.

Just a theory obviously since we have little information work with.

This is mind boggling. I was just searching around for other missing couples/missing car cases- so many cars found in submerged water. Also, quite a few that were murders due to property disputes. KB and CDC had just moved to a new place-- perhaps they encountered a problem tenant or neighbor? I wonder if police have checked sex offenders nearby.

Just a theory obviously since we have little information work with.

I've followed a lot of missing person stories here that ended with a car being found in the water. I know it's been almost two months but I don't think it's unusual.

My understanding is that Kala, the 'ex', and David were all living together until recently. So yes he was proclaiming his love for his 'ex' in July. I can't remember now when they were married, but to my knowledge, no divorce has been filed, or steps taken to file legally separated, or anything.

interesting, I hadn't heard that. Do we know then if the ex moved out of the place they were all living in, or if KB and CC moved somewhere else?

I thought he was last seen leaving work? Where did he work again? Was it the Quality Inn, Anderson?

I really wish the finer details were available. Where were they going to meet the friend for dinner? What time? Did DC definitely make it home from work? Etc.

I thought it said Quality First or First Quality, but I honestly don't remember and I guess the page is down now so it's too late to check. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there have been no searches because the couple checked in with police and have asked for total privacy.

What are the LE rules on that sort of thing?

Maybe there have been no searches because the couple checked in with police and have asked for total privacy.

What are the LE rules on that sort of thing?

Normally, LE will tell family that MP has contacted them and request privacy.

Someone on the Find the couple page posted this link. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5820152565.html

It's rather odd that the seller says he/she got the car about a month or so ago, and that they been promised the title two weeks ago, but have yet to receive it.

Sure hope that has been brought to the attention of the police and they have investigated.

Someone on the Find the couple page posted this link. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5820152565.html

It's rather odd that the seller says he/she got the car about a month or so ago, and that they been promised the title two weeks ago, but have yet to receive it.

Sure hope that has been brought to the attention of the police and they have investigated.
Oh wow!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unless this guy replaced the passenger side mirror CDC's car had damage to it per the page. But definitely worth LE checking into it to see if the VINs match.

The ad says 2002 and the text says 2003.

Weird.

The ad says 2002 and the text says 2003.

Weird.
I noticed that as well. Curious though.

Also, the update 8 hrs ago on the public missing page isn't too reassuring with this police department. No ground searches, no searches from police at all, no interest in police investigating the posting on his fb. Also fb supposedly took down his account due to a lot of reporting spam on the post being made

Well, we really don't know if they normally locked the door or not, so knowing if it was locked or unlocked now, doesn't really matter to us. And how many of us have locked keys in the house? Or in the car? How many have come home and realized you forgot to lock the house door? So even if the normal was to lock the house, doesn't mean they didn't forget.

What baffles me is HIS car is still missing, TMK..... where the heck is it??? Did they have an accident and it's down a ravine somewhere, not to be found until after fall, or in the winter? Did it go into water anywhere? Lots of water in SC!

Neither explains all the postings on his FB, but they don't have to be related either.

I don't think one person could have disappeared both Kala and David without a crime scene. There's been no mention of a crime scene. Would they both leave to go meet someone before their scheduled meeting with someone else? Would they stop by and say hi to someone else before that scheduled meeting? It's possible, but I don't know how probable.

Two months is a long time to be missing. While they could have left voluntarily, how would they fund being gone 2 months? If they didn't pack clothing, shoes, glasses/contacts, or any meds to last 2 months....I don't think that was their intention.

Wonder how LE goes about searching each body of water or do they wait until they have some tip, or water levels drop and part of the vehicle is seen? I can't imagine each LE having the resources to send divers into every single body of water, especially with gators around.

One theory I have tossed around, assuming they have been taken, is that they were ambushed by someone with a weapon and may not have had a choice but to do what they were told such as get in car and go with the perp. That would explain the way the apartment was left.

Can you sell a car without a title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can, at least in NY, you just need proof of sale to prove ownership. I'm wondering if this guy even got a proof of sale. It has to be signed by seller and buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member