SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing man’s Facebook account suddenly comes alive, terrifying family
Charlie Carver and Kala Brown didn’t show up to dinner on Aug. 31.

It seemed odd. The South Carolina couple had just moved together into a house in Anderson, and Brown was excited to show off her new live-in beau to her friend, Lindsey Mayson.

“That’s what that Thursday night was supposed to be about,” Mayson told the Daily Beast. “It was meeting them and having dinner with them and getting to know each other.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...count-suddenly-comes-alive-terrifying-family/

Sent from my the USS Reliant using Tapatalk

What are the chances DC went off the deep end and did something to Kala?

Missing man’s Facebook account suddenly comes alive, terrifying family

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...count-suddenly-comes-alive-terrifying-family/

Sent from my the USS Reliant using Tapatalk

I know this has been asked before but WTF?!

Anderson police Lt. David Creamer told the Daily Beast that he does not believe his office has attempted to contact Facebook in an attempt to discover who is posting these things.

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”

A Facebook spokesperson told the website that if they were served with a warrant, they would turn over “recent login/logout IP addresses . . . and location information.”

WHY WOULD THEY NOT?!?!

Has their vehicle ever been found / sighted? Is there no ANPR around there?

I cannot BELIEVE that the police have no asked for the IP. This part of it could easily be cleared up, and FB seems more than willing to do so.

It just makes me wondet what is going on!? I havent heard of any searches for the car, and now the police don't want the IP info either?

He also shares many of the same photos on his page, for example the Jack photos. However, it could merely be a coincidence, as with Charlie's ex. It seems they all have similar likes. He just seems a bit more violent than everyone else from his FB posts, but that is only my personal feeling.

I dont think he lives near them though?

I dont want to hope for people to be dead at all, (edit: omg I just reread this, stupid tried brain, I dont hope anyone is dead) * so I hope this is a "just ran away"* sort of deal and the person posting on Charlie's page is just being a jerk.
He lives in a different community but it's not far, probably less than 20 minutes. He doesn't seem to hang out in the Anderson area though.

(I live in Ohio now, but was born in Anderson and lived there and worked there in the surround communities for 35 year. I also was a 911 dispatcher for Anderson. County for background on why I know the area so well.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lots of new comments on his Facebook page . This case is new to me, I live in the area and just found out about it . Very disturbing, looks like the ex is hacking his Facebook from the comments I read

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I know this has been asked before but WTF?!

WHY WOULD THEY NOT?!?!

Has their vehicle ever been found / sighted? Is there no ANPR around there?
Would a hacked FB account be enough probable cause to get a search warrant? Other than general hinkiness, is there any concrete evidence of a crime?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Would a hacked FB account be enough probable cause to get a search warrant? Other than general hinkiness, is there any concrete evidence of a crime?

I think the weight of evidence taken overall ought to provide sufficient justification, never mind the nature of the posts being made. And the comment doesn't suggest they don't have enough to ask.. almost more like they just aren't interested. None of this makes much sense.

Good question and I think it's tricky when there is a missing person (or persons) but no evidence of a crime. How can LE get search warrants with no evidence of a crime? We have seen that they are able to get search warrants in these cases and I think there must be a certain number of days with no contact with anyone and a judge can be convinced to issue warrants for the missing person's stuff (and SM).

I'm just guessing though and it would be nice to hear from someone with more concrete knowledge.

I don't get why police are treating this (it seems) like a voluntary disappearance. The dog was clearly left alone with no food. The McStays, hello? The family kept insisting that the McStays would never leave their dogs, but LE thought they left voluntarily for Mexico...

Also, wondering if DC had a laptop with him. Could explain the hacker.

Maybe the family/ies have shared information with LE that leads them to believe there was no abduction/crime committed. OR maybe we are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes. I don't believe everything I hear or read. If LE felt the Fb posts were done by a "perp"...they would be all over it. And maybe they are.

Maybe the family/ies have shared information with LE that leads them to believe there was no abduction/crime committed. OR maybe we are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes. I don't believe everything I hear or read. If LE felt the Fb posts were done by a "perp"...they would be all over it. And maybe they are.

Sometimes there is no information because police already know what happened and are working on it. In this case...I don't get that feeling. Could be wrong though. I mean, someone could have found a laptop in his abandoned car for all we know. The family seems to have very little information as well.

I don't get why police are treating this (it seems) like a voluntary disappearance. The dog was clearly left alone with no food. The McStays, hello? The family kept insisting that the McStays would never leave their dogs, but LE thought they left voluntarily for Mexico...

Also, wondering if DC had a laptop with him. Could explain the hacker.

Me neither. Surely their car would have popped up somewhere if they were travelling in it voluntarily. The Mcstay case was haunting watching them cross that border. It appear as if LE have no concern for both of them.

I would have thought the situation on its own would have been enough for LE to get a warrant for that account. Seems to me whoever is behind the updates could either answer the question as to where they are or just write off the person behind the updates being a clue at all.

FBI needs to get involved. They need to check their bank accounts/credit cards and see if there has been any activity. Also, these people have gone missing. Their Mothers had to move their belongings out of the apt they lived in, and find a caregiver for the dog. Did these people have jobs? Have they disappeared from their jobs? After 24 hours police can launch an investigation. Looks like police are not doing all they can do to find them. That is what worries me.

Good question and I think it's tricky when there is a missing person (or persons) but no evidence of a crime. How can LE get search warrants with no evidence of a crime? We have seen that they are able to get search warrants in these cases and I think there must be a certain number of days with no contact with anyone and a judge can be convinced to issue warrants for the missing person's stuff (and SM).

I'm just guessing though and it would be nice to hear from someone with more concrete knowledge.
I think one of the posters on this thread has a LE background. Hopefully s/he will be back and can answer this question. LE also has to provide a detailed description of what they are looking for on the search warrant, they can't just get a search warrant to go on a fishing expedition. With so little to go on in the case (at least that we know of), what evidence would they list?

Investigators said Brown’s cellphone service provider said there had been no activity on the phone for 48 hours, and that they were unable to ping the phone.

From the above quote, I gather that the investigators have been in direct contact with Brown's cellphone service provider -- wouldn't they need a search warrant to do this? The only other possibility I can think of is if one of Brown's family members or friends also has their name on the account and has access to the data. My point is, IF investigators obtained a search warrant for cellphone data, why aren't they as interested in obtaining a search warrant for social media data about the couple?

JMO

http://https://wyff4.relaymedia.com/amp/news/still-no-leads-in-disappearance-of-upstate-couple/41537704

So many new FB comments now that the story has gone worldwide. A few points I hadn't considered have been made on there. 1) Why did Kala post no pics of herself and new boyfriend Charlie on her page? (I'm thinking ex-wife scared the bejeezus out of her, so she was lying low.) 2) Somebody said they thought maybe Kala and the ex-wife are in on Charlie's disappearance together. (Sounds wrong to me.) 3) Someone suggested the ex-wife may have gotten Kala out if the way but is keeping Charlie somewhere for herself.

I'm very sad for all the family and friends of both. Find that car!

So many new FB comments now that the story has gone worldwide. A few points I hadn't considered have been made on there. 1) Why did Kala post no pics of herself and new boyfriend Charlie on her page? (I'm thinking ex-wife scared the bejeezus out of her, so she was lying low.) 2) Somebody said they thought maybe Kala and the ex-wife are in on Charlie's disappearance together. (Sounds wrong to me.) 3) Someone suggested the ex-wife may have gotten Kala out if the way but is keeping Charlie somewhere for herself.

I'm very sad for all the family and friends of both. Find that car!

BBM

I totally agree! I keep forgetting that his car is missing too. It's much easier to hide two people rather than a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine