Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gosh I hope this beautiful baby girl is found alive. So many holes in this story it's getting hard to stay optimistic.

A small plane circled a good bit of the day yesterday and I just heard a helicopter again. I'm .91 miles away.

"I talked to a woman last night who has a baby by Travis, the boyfriend. She said she is actually still married to him, but he left her at the hospital when she was having her baby.. and he has three other kids. She said she talked to Leaona's mother on the phone. She says she took a polygraph test but Travis has refused to take one. She also said the mother said something that sounded peculiar to her, but she didn't want to repeat what it was and she hopes the mom said the same thing to the cops. oh, and she said he was a meth head, she found out too late though, but she doesn't know if he had gotten clean or anything. He woke the mom up and told her the door was open and the baby gone, neither one of them have a car. Oh, right now he is in jail for failure to pay child support for the child of the girl I talked to. If he comes up with $, he could possibly get out.

So I guess the earlier reports that she checked her at 6 or 6:30 am , then slept until 9:30 am were misreported or untrue ? Geez :(

Yes, the mother admitted she lied about checking on Leaona at 5:30 and again at 6:30 am. Sheriff Skipper also said she didn't check on Leaona when she got home.

In an interview with the Independent Mail on Saturday afternoon, Sullivan, 22, said she went to clubs in Belton and Anderson on the previous night while her boyfriend, Travis Jones, watched her daughters. After taking a taxi home about 5:30 a.m., Sullivan said she gave Leaona a cup of juice. She said she also looked in on her again at 6:30 a.m. When she woke up at 9:30 a.m., Sullivan said, Jones told her that A’riel was standing in an open door to the apartment and that Leaona was gone.

Since she admitted that "some" of the details she told the media were false, I wonder if what she said about the sister standing in the open door is true.

And now that she's saying she thinks her boyfriend killed Leaona the timeline is suspicious. For that to be the case then Travis would have been up and out disposing of her body without mom waking up and then back in bed by 9:30. This may end up like Tristan Blue's case where the mother helped cover for the murderer.

So, like hblunt, I also want to know the last time someone else saw Leaona. I wonder if LE brought in HRDs (cadaver dogs) in their search.

http://www.independentmail.com/news...ntinues-for-missing-1-year-old-pendleton-girl

Yes, the mother admitted she lied about checking on Leaona at 5:30 and again at 6:30 am. Sheriff Skipper also said she didn't check on Leaona when she got home.

In an interview with the Independent Mail on Saturday afternoon, Sullivan, 22, said she went to clubs in Belton and Anderson on the previous night while her boyfriend, Travis Jones, watched her daughters. After taking a taxi home about 5:30 a.m., Sullivan said she gave Leaona a cup of juice. She said she also looked in on her again at 6:30 a.m. When she woke up at 9:30 a.m., Sullivan said, Jones told her that A’riel was standing in an open door to the apartment and that Leaona was gone.

Since she admitted that "some" of the details she told the media were false, I wonder if what she said about the sister standing in the open door is true.

And now that she's saying she thinks her boyfriend killed Leaona the timeline is suspicious. For that to be the case then Travis would have been up and out disposing of her body without mom waking up and then back in bed by 9:30. This may end up like Tristan Blue's case where the mother helped cover for the murderer.

So, like hblunt, I also want to know the last time someone else saw Leaona. I wonder if LE brought in HRDs (cadaver dogs) in their search.

http://www.independentmail.com/news...ntinues-for-missing-1-year-old-pendleton-girl

So she was not working. She left the baby to go out partying. I wonder how the bf felt about that ........

They have been searching with cadaver dogs. I can hear them barking from my house from time to time and it's very unnerving. I live by the pond, some people were out there yesterday looking in the water.

My stomach drops when I hear ' cadaver dogs' are used in the search. :please: be a mistake

On the news here (WYFF), the family members were saying that there was susposed to be a wedding the day the baby went missing, and that the mother had been out at a bachelorette party till 5 in the morning, came home and went to bed without checking on the baby. The boyfriend was to be sitting with both children.

Steelman, I would much rather hear this baby was sold to someone who wanted a baby that badly, but, sadly, logic and experience tells me that's probably not the case here. Poor little Leaona! Prayers!

So she was not working. She left the baby to go out partying. I wonder how the bf felt about that ........

Especially since she met him in November 2014 - the same year he was busted for domestic violence and possession of meth! Yeah, best idea in the world is to leave her kids with a violent and probably jealous man. SMH. I won't judge her for having a night out (if that's even true) but I'd like to see her arrested for stupidity.

I'm sick to death of women lying to LE about their missing children.

The mother's lies change the whole timeline. The baby could have been gone a lot longer. I don't fault her for a night out, but the lies cast doubt on everything she has said. She claims to have taken a polygraph test and they may be just giving her enough rope to hang herself now. It took Susan Smith 9 days.

Edgewood apartments is a rough place. It's a place I was always told to never go under any circumstances. People are up and about all hours over there. It's a known drug haven. If a baby toddled out of the apartment at some point, someone would have seen her, and likely more than one person would have seen her. That place does not sleep.

Edgewood apartments is a rough place. It's a place I was always told to never go under any circumstances. People are up and about all hours over there. It's a known drug haven. If a baby toddled out of the apartment at some point, someone would have seen her, and likely more than one person would have seen her. That place does not sleep.

If that is the case then hopefully someone would've seen her removed as well.

On Monday, the Think2xtwice organization offered a $500 reward in the case.

On Tuesday, deputies announced that Crime Stoppers, in combination with an anonymous donor, were offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to Leaona's safe return.

Deputies said no ground searches would be conducted Tuesday as deputies followed up on other leads.

“I wish to thank all of the volunteers who assisted in the search for little Leaona; their service to our community is indeed priceless," Sheriff John Skipper said Tuesday. "We now need to focus our resources on the investigation and any and all leads that we receive.”

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29255271/deputies-search-for-missing-pendleton-child#ixzz3caLgewgk

Investigators are trying to determine if any friends or acquaintances of the couple who have vehicles may have played a role in the child’s disappearance.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/ground-search-called-off-for-missing-1-year-old

thinking of tiny babies like this one and little janna in a landfill just kills me. they ae so small, it would be so hard to find them.

So I guess the earlier reports that she checked her at 6 or 6:30 am , then slept until 9:30 am were misreported or untrue ? Geez :(

If I woke up to find out my baby was missing, why would I lie about the time I last saw her? Why would I mislead anyone if I wanted my baby found safe as soon as possible?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolo0123
Back