Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The mother & her boyfriend were arrested today for unlawful neglect of a child. This happened after the mother & boyfriend and the three year old (who was in the home) all tested positive for meth and THC.
Im new to this site, but I've followed This story. I live in SC, about 45 minutes away. This was on our local news stations.

Thank you I can't even. Welcome to WS. It's great to have a local on here. I hope to see more posts from you!

:welcome4:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the possibility that Leaona was deceased before mom went out. How could any mother go out for the night knowing their child was dead? But at the same time she seemed to indicate early on that she already knew Leaona was dead. So there's a conflict.

Between the interview, the bond hearing and the incident at Wendy's it's pretty clear that Kiara displays extreme emotions and has poor self-control. It makes me wonder if she flew off the handle that evening and harmed but didn't kill Leaona. Then she went out for the night thinking Leaona would be okay. Instead, Leaona died and the boyfriend disposed of the body.

I dunno. I don't like to speculate too far away from the known facts but I can see either Kiara or Travis losing it with Leaona. Either way they both need to be removed from society IMO.

I'm playing catchup on the thread & noticed that WYFF has moved the URL (the above link takes you to the court hearing).
This is the link to the original story & embedded video:

BREAKING EXCLUSIVE Video: Deputies arrest mother of missing Upstate child
http://www.wyff4.com/news/breaking-...g-upstate-child/33867276#.VZROZMy4CrA.twitter

:tyou: for posting the original link formerjerseygirl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We read so many cases of parents killing their children and then going on with their normal lives, it never ceases to floor me. I know it's almost always drug related, but I just simply don't get it. Their children should be the most important in their lives and nothing should be important enough to come before them. It's heartbreaking and anymore you almost know from the beginning how it's going to end.

So, the 3 year old they blamed for opening the door has now tested positive for 3 kinds of drugs! Sadly, I don't see this ending well! I'll just say that my blood is boiling right now, and leave it at that! Anything else I have to get off my chest right now, will surely get me in time out...! :banghead::furious::furious::furious:

I think you'd find that lots of children being raised in these sorts of environments would be in such close contact with remnants of drugs, drug paraphernalia, and smoke/fumes from their surroundings - they'd all test positive just from accidental ingestion in their homes. Poor little ones probably more so as they're fairly captive indoors most of the time. It's just wicked that they are put through this by the people who are supposed to love and care for them most of all.

So mom and boyfriend dump their dead one year old, like trash, then Mom goes out clubbin for a bachelorette party. Drinks some champagne and dances for a few hours.....:no:

http://wspa.com/2015/06/30/mother-of-missing-baby-charged-with-unlawful-neglect-of-a-child/ Hi I am new at this never posted but I live near Anderson in Spartanburg been following this story. Hope this works

Worked fine. :)

Ugh. Anger issues is right. Did y'all see the look on Kiara's face in the video as she left the station? IMO she's just as likely as the boyfriend to become violent with Leaona.

On Wednesday, Lt. Sheila Cole with the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that investigators had contacted the FBI to seek use of the federal agency’s laboratory “to help speed-up the processing and analysis of any evidence in the Leona Wright case.”

“We normally use SLED’s laboratory for this type of processing but the FBI labs should provide a quicker turn-around,” Cole said.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29459880/deputies-ask-fbi-for-assistance-in-leaona-wright-case

Hmm - evidence. I wonder what it could be? Looks like blaming the three-year-old didn't work. :mad:

I think you'd find that lots of children being raised in these sorts of environments would be in such close contact with remnants of drugs, drug paraphernalia, and smoke/fumes from their surroundings - they'd all test positive just from accidental ingestion in their homes. Poor little ones probably more so as they're fairly captive indoors most of the time. It's just wicked that they are put through this by the people who are supposed to love and care for them most of all.
I'm afraid to a lot of these 'parents' the children aren't anything but a check to them.

I'm afraid to a lot of these 'parents' the children aren't anything but a check to them.

Not stating this is the case here, but sadly they keep having more neglected children, because the check gets bigger.

Not surprisingly, Kiara's sister started a on June 11, the day DSS took the other kids away. It was to support the missing children poster distribution for Leonna and lawyers fees. No donations since the 15th. The fund raised just over $300. I only mention it because I suspect at least some of the money went towards Kiara's bail.

Speaking in general terms, I'm sick of all the fundraisers that go up when a child is missing. I understand that some are legitimate but there are so many cases where the people the funds are earmarked for are the very ones responsible for the child being missing. I just read that the sister of the man who shot the people in the Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston had a page pulled. She was asking for money to help pay for her wedding costs, bills and to send her and her groom on a "dream honeymoon." Why? Because her wedding day got messed up because of her brother. SMH.

I know someone upthread mentioned that drugs could have different affects than expected when ingested by children. This is definitely true. My 4 year old is on oxycodone daily (low dose, due to severe chronic illness) and has been on morphine, vicodin, dilaudid all at some points in the recent past after surgeries. Whereas these pain medications would make me loopy, knock me out as they do most others I know, they make him hyperactive. It's not unreasonable to think that stimulants (cocaine, meth) administered to little bodies that are in no way able to handle them could actually pacify them, put them to sleep, etc instead of making them hyperactive as one would expect.

I called CPS several years ago on a mother in my neighborhood who was an alcoholic, dropping her 1 year old daughter in the yard while stumbling around drunk, etc. When social workers arrived just for their first visit to lay eyes on the children in the home, the 1 year old was lethargic, could not keep her eyes open, etc. They removed the girl immediately and drug tested her and she tested positive for cocaine. This happened in my little quiet, suburban neighborhood-we were all shocked. I am not surprised to hear this 3 year old tested positive in this situation, so sad.

It's entirely possible to me that the drugs were given to the child to make her sleep, make her lethargic and out of it, etc. Or she could have very well just gotten into these chemicals that were laying around the house, who knows. We have seen videos parents have posted on the internet of laughing while their young child is high on ecstasy, showing and encouraging their young child how to smoke a blunt and even administering IV street narcotics to their children so, nothing is out of the realm of possibility here, unfortunately. Very sad. The quote about using the FBI lab does tell me that law enforcement has significant evidence with DNA, etc and they are pretty sure what terrible fate befell little Leona.

You are so very welcome and did you notice the interview with that lady at the end? That lady is a radio and local tv personality here in Spartanburg and it's like she is defending this mom.

FWIW, I ran across a post online saying that part of what Kiara was yelling in the background of the 911 call was "She is dead. It won't do any good, she is already dead." My ears aren't good enough to verify it - if it keeps bugging me I'll run it through an audio program. In the meantime though, it seems to fit with the other things she's said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back