SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like about 50 spots so 100 per service if all are filled in my opinion.
In my experience it isn't unusual for churches to exaggerate members. Not sure what they define as members but I doubt 700 were members. Possibly a monthly attendence.

I didn't realize spiritual abuse was a thing but it makes sense.

IMO Mic isn't the only victim here. But she paid the highest price of all. This case breaks my heart.

I mean no disrespect to Mica or anyone. There is so much tragedy here I hope they get to the truth and expose it and educate people on how this can happen.

My humble opinions only.
For some reason, I thought that 700 number was total attendees across all services on Sunday, rather than 700 members. Maybe I'm misremembering. It might not be too terribly far off the mark. (Before Mica's death.) Some of the cars would have families in them. If you use an average of 3 persons per car, over 2 services, allow for some walkers who live close. amoo

I dont know enough to say anything definitive but. Even if he didnt pull the trigger himself, this narcissistic sociopath appears responsible for her demise. If I may posit one possibility for suicide...one line of reasoning here for gun/ammo locations, could be the 2 shell casings and 1 live round on bank were
from her readying her weapon, and forgetting/uncertain her weapon was already condition one, round chambered. She racked the slide ejecting that round, so it lay on the ground, thus assured her gun was ready to fire, fresh round chambered.Then fired off 2 random shots, esp. since it was a brand new weapon and needed to make sure it was functional and she had a good feel of it. Walk down to the water, knowing any aftermess would be tidied up and also help deter any predatory animals finding a meal and preventing a more gruesome scene or obstruction to identification. MOO
Or also, bear are known to conceal their food in shallow water.
Of course, this also could be done by a murderer staged as suicide/mysterious. I need more info.
I'm getting cases mixed up, sorry. I thought she bought a revolver? Can someone help me out here, please and thank you.

OK, I went back and read the first article police had commented on from the "suicide".

Were there 2 guns?? Because how can you find the gun and shells in the car but the victim in the water?????!!!

Is there something you all know that I am missing?? Like a clarification that the gun WAS NOT FOUND IN THE CAR??!!

Help!!!

Thank you!

Her Dad said she was familiar with guns. I don't think she'd feel the need to test fire it, but that's just my opinion.
A Sig Sauer is a very nice gun, and expensive. A semi automatic hand gun of that quality is more likely to misfire due to using cheap ammunition than being defective. IMO.
I agree with you.

For some reason, I thought that 700 number was total attendees across all services on Sunday, rather than 700 members. Maybe I'm misremembering. It might not be too terribly far off the mark. (Before Mica's death.) Some of the cars would have families in them. If you use an average of 3 persons per car, over 2 services, allow for some walkers who live close. amoo
I agree that the comment about 700 attendees referred to both services combined, but I believe that was a misstatement. Given that pictures of and videos in the sanctuary appear to show somewhere around 8 seats per row, on either side of the aisle, and 10 -12 rows, that provides seating for maybe 150+ per service, There are supposedly overflow rooms on either side of the sanctuary that often filled up. If 25 people per side were there, that would add another 100 total over 2 services. Kids and babies would be in classrooms and nursery in other parts of the building. Assume maybe 30 kids and a half dozen babies per service, that adds another 70 over 2 services. Add in teachers, staff, and worship team, and you have probably another 20 or so. 300+100+70+20 comes to right around 500 for both services, in all buildings combined, and they would be packed. Don't get me wrong. That is a great number, but 700 is still an exaggeration. Even JP, in an article some 5 months ago, stated that there are about 700 MEMBERS. JMO

Pastor John Paul Miller said the church is in need of a bigger space than its current lot at the old Air Force base chapel in The Market Common, 803 Howard Ave. Since 2020, the church has grown by hundreds of people and now has 700 members. “There is not a seat available during service,” Miller said. “People stand around.”

Last edited:
OK, I went back and read the first article police had commented on from the "suicide".

Were there 2 guns?? Because how can you find the gun and shells in the car but the victim in the water?????!!!

Is there something you all know that I am missing?? Like a clarification that the gun WAS NOT FOUND IN THE CAR??!!

Help!!!
The gun case was found in the car. The gun itself was found in the water.

A Sig Sauer is a very nice gun, and expensive. A semi automatic hand gun of that quality is more likely to misfire due to using cheap ammunition than being defective. IMO.
I agree with you.
I have some trouble reconciling the need to pay $500 for a Sig that you only plan to use once. She could have unalived herself with a far cheaper gun, which makes me lean toward the idea that the gun was bought for protection, not suicide. On the other hand, if you plan to unalive yourself, why would you care how much your final purchase was. Maybe she bought that gun because she was familiar with it, as her dad said that she knew how to use firearms. So much doesn't make sense to me about this case, and that specific gun purchase is just one more thing. JMO

I have some trouble reconciling the need to pay $500 for a Sig that you only plan to use once. She could have unalived herself with a far cheaper gun, which makes me lean toward the idea that the gun was bought for protection, not suicide. On the other hand, if you plan to unalive yourself, why would you care how much your final purchase was. Maybe she bought that gun because she was familiar with it, as her dad said that she knew how to use firearms. So much doesn't make sense to me about this case, and that specific gun purchase is just one more thing. JMO
Interesting comment... in my own personal opinion I am going to lean towards that she wanted a reliable gun for protection or self-defense.

When you look at her personality, you see a woman that has had to start all over again from scratch, she knows how to count every one of her pennies. And one of the articles it said that she was anxious about how she could make her car payment, because she paid so much money towards her lawyer. In another article it said she took a sandwich to work. Now why does someone take a sandwich to a place of work where they make food? MOO is she counting every dime. Her personality tells me she is she needed something reliable for self-defense, protection and safety and needed to spend the extra for it.

And if it's true that it was a grilled cheese sandwich she took with her to work...well, that is definitely making a sandwich on a dime. And a grilled cheese sandwich does not taste very good hours after it's made. But if you have to be tight with money, then that's what a girl's got to do.

Her father told us that she knew how to handle a gun. Maybe spending the $500 on a self defense weapon was worth it. I read online Sig Sauer handguns are worth the investment for gun owners who prioritize quality, performance, and reliability.

With that said, I'm thinking self defense...

Bernard and Susan Kenerson led a Sunday night service at Solid Rock after being ordained as ministers and elders in October. Bernard Kenerson knew Miller's marriage was falling apart and thought he might be called to step in while Miller took some time to repair his relationship. But they were both blind to the details.

Miller convinced church elders that Mica had been having a psychotic episode for months and that anything she said couldn't be trusted, Bernard Kenerson said. He would sometimes show elders 3-inch-thick notebook he claimed was documentation of Mica's mental health problems.

Bernard Kenerson received a call soon after Mica's death on April 27 asking him to prepare a sermon for the next day. Ten minutes later, he received a text saying J.P. planned to preach.

The following Wednesday, the elders met. A dozen of them. The message from Miller and Randall was that all this would blow over in a couple of weeks. Miller would step down temporarily.

At this meeting, like others, the elders had no real power. Decisions flowed from Miller and Randall, Kenerson said. The elders didn't even see church financial statements. One left the church because of the secrecy around money, he said.

J.P. went around the room and asked the elders how they and their families were processing the situation, Kenerson said. One elder said what others were thinking: He didn't care if the police came in and hauled J.P. off in handcuffs, because he attends church to serve the Lord, not the pastor.

"The main focus of the meeting was to protect J.P. and protect the church," Kenerson said. "It was damage control." More+...

And lest we forget others who are involved...

"Mica Miller’s sister Sierra Francis wrote in an affidavit filed in probate court on May 3. “Mica told me that there were people following her, keeping track of where she went....Mr. Miller hired people to follow her.”

Bernard and Susan Kenerson led a Sunday night service at Solid Rock after being ordained as ministers and elders in October. Bernard Kenerson knew Miller's marriage was falling apart and thought he might be called to step in while Miller took some time to repair his relationship. But they were both blind to the details.

Miller convinced church elders that Mica had been having a psychotic episode for months and that anything she said couldn't be trusted, Bernard Kenerson said. He would sometimes show elders 3-inch-thick notebook he claimed was documentation of Mica's mental health problems.

Bernard Kenerson received a call soon after Mica's death on April 27 asking him to prepare a sermon for the next day. Ten minutes later, he received a text saying J.P. planned to preach.

The following Wednesday, the elders met. A dozen of them. The message from Miller and Randall was that all this would blow over in a couple of weeks. Miller would step down temporarily.

At this meeting, like others, the elders had no real power. Decisions flowed from Miller and Randall, Kenerson said. The elders didn't even see church financial statements. One left the church because of the secrecy around money, he said.

J.P. went around the room and asked the elders how they and their families were processing the situation, Kenerson said. One elder said what others were thinking: He didn't care if the police came in and hauled J.P. off in handcuffs, because he attends church to serve the Lord, not the pastor.

"The main focus of the meeting was to protect J.P. and protect the church," Kenerson said. "It was damage control." More+...
Nothing in this article surprises me. Two people have any appearance of power in this church. One person runs everything, and the other is his yes man, a man previously in JP's father's organization, latched onto his coattails, holding on tightly, hoping to head off any mess just enough to keep the money flowing in.

Actually, one thing in the article did surprise me, and that was that the two at the top were so clueless as to think Mica's death was so insignificant, that everything would blow over in a couple weeks. I guess having to enter the church through the backdoor, to avoid a crowd of protesters, a month after her death, must be quite a wake-up call. Hoping it is neither the only nor last wake-up call they get. My guess is that Mica was far more loved in that church than JP could ever hope to be. JMO

Last edited:

From that link:

"J.P. had also experienced legal problems. Eight years before that first library sermon, he was convicted of hitting a woman with his truck in a subdivision near Myrtle Beach and continuing to drive nearly 100 yards with her on the hood before stopping."

It goes on to say he claims she jumped on the hood and refused to get off -- but why would he have driven with her on there if that was the case? He was later pardoned for that charge.

Pardoned? Why would he seek a pardon? Why not just seek expungement?

I really don't get this guy.

Interesting comment... in my own personal opinion I am going to lean towards that she wanted a reliable gun for protection or self-defense.

When you look at her personality, you see a woman that has had to start all over again from scratch, she knows how to count every one of her pennies. And one of the articles it said that she was anxious about how she could make her car payment, because she paid so much money towards her lawyer. In another article it said she took a sandwich to work. Now why does someone take a sandwich to a place of work where they make food? MOO is she counting every dime. Her personality tells me she is she needed something reliable for self-defense, protection and safety and needed to spend the extra for it.

And if it's true that it was a grilled cheese sandwich she took with her to work...well, that is definitely making a sandwich on a dime. And a grilled cheese sandwich does not taste very good hours after it's made. But if you have to be tight with money, then that's what a girl's got to do.

Her father told us that she knew how to handle a gun. Maybe spending the $500 on a self defense weapon was worth it. I read online Sig Sauer handguns are worth the investment for gun owners who prioritize quality, performance, and reliability.

With that said, I'm thinking self defense...
Me too. I've shot Sig 9 mm a few years back and a new one was something like $750. IIRC like many newer semi automatic pistols you can chamber a round and then it's ready to fire until you shoot all the bullets in the magazine. The safety is built into the gun. The safety is not manual like with the old guns I grew up with . You have to hold the gun correctly for it to fire. Some have a little lever on the trigger and some have an additional lever in the grip and if it isn't depressed at the same time with the trigger it won't fire.

Maybe Mica was familiar with this particular weapon. Sigs are very popular. It could be as simple as that.
All my opinions.

Williams said Mica left her an undated, 47-second voicemail seeking the name of a counselor when she was trying to end her marriage in the lead-up to her suicide.

“Hey Ali, it’s Mica. This is a my new number … please don’t give it to anybody, but I just wanted to see who your counselor was to help you walk through for forgiveness and stuff and keep your heart right through all the mess,” she said, according to court documents.

“I don’t want to lose myself in this and I don’t want to pursue anything out of anger or vengeance, I just want to be free and have peace and keep my soul right,” Mica said. “So if you just text me the name of a good counselor, you know I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks, bye.”

Does anyone know what the tattoos are on JP. He's got something on his knuckles.

Off to see if I can find pics....nope can't find any that aren't grainy.
Edited by me.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member