SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The unified front means all pending lawsuits between Mica’s family, John-Paul and his Solid Rock Ministries have been addressed through a global settlement whose terms are confidential — including control of Mica’s estate.

“This is over. This global agreement is Mica’s justice. The next step is the legislative goal. We only ask that you remember Mica as the wonderful, beautiful person that she was,” said Russell Long, an attorney for John-Paul Miller.

It also means that John-Paul won’t face any civil wrongful death claims tied to Mica’s April 27 suicide at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County.

Regina Ward's tone is so harsh and angry, what is the point? They just want the public riled up and I'm not buying it. I can only imagine how the protestors are feeling today. From the attorney presser and Russell Long is sounds like all JPM investigations are over. SMH

If this puzzles him, that will be one worthy outcome.

Her death, the ultimate tragedy, has exposed him. If nothing else, shutting down the unsuspecting pipeline of young girls, left alone with him. Women of all ages on notice to be aware, very aware.

I wish Mica would have known there was life beyond him...

And hopefully these new measures -- to recognize, criminalize, dismantle coercion control -- will save the next Mica....

JMO

Regina Ward's tone is so harsh and angry, what is the point? They just want the public riled up and I'm not buying it. I can only imagine how the protestors are feeling today. From the attorney presser and Russell Long is sounds like all JPM investigations are over. SMH
I was confused by her tone and demeanor. What was all that?

same, her demeanor and tone do NOT match her words. Is this purposeful or unintended? Is this a case of hear what I mean wink wink and not what I say? or does she not realize how aggressive she sounds in this statement?
I'm guessing that the terms of the agreement don't allow for any disparaging statements against JP or the church, and so the only thing she can really focus on that she feels is related to actual justice for Mica is the goal of passing legislation that she believes would have helped Mica and now could help other people in situation's like Mica's situation. I think she was trying to find a balance between what she was allowed to say, legally in terms of the binding agreement reached, and her goal to somehow get out the message that Mica was actually abused even though she can't say it in a straight-forward way.

I'm also guessing that Mica's family had a weak case in relation to their goals related to Mica's estate and related to a civil lawsuit, etc. and so the only way forward for them was to compromise with the global agreement.

JMO

Mica's family is ending all legal disputes (potential wrongful death), allowing JPM to be the adminstrator of Mica's estate and asking protestors to stop demonstrating at the Church. Yet they will continue to pursue "the passing of this coercive control act". Is it no longer going to be Mica's Law?

Color me very confused at the abrupt about face ... based on everything they said in print and video. I did not see this coming.

This is a complete turnaround. Maybe they were apprehensive about litigation? They probably didn’t want to deal with him and wanted to be rid of him completely.

Who is in possession of Mica’s ashes?

This is a complete turnaround. Maybe they were apprehensive about litigation? They probably didn’t want to deal with him and wanted to be rid of him completely.

Who is in possession of Mica’s ashes?

It appears that JP has ended up as the administrator of Mica's estate. So I would think that unless there was a voluntary agreement between JP and Mica's family as part of the global agreement, then JP would be given possession of Mica's remains. But we don't know if that is the case, as the voluntary agreement may have included that Mica's remains were being given to her family for burial. In any event, the confidentiality clause of the agreement may mean that they can't talk about this.

same, her demeanor and tone do NOT match her words. Is this purposeful or unintended? Is this a case of hear what I mean wink wink and not what I say? or does she not realize how aggressive she sounds in this statement?
Agressive and ANGRY! I wondered the same, was that supposed to convey her displeasure in the settlement? Did she want to continue to fight but the family didn't? There's an amount floating around, which if true isn't much in light of the value of the assets ($5M).

I don't know any more, I'm doubting her motivations now, as well as the families. The folks who surrounded Mica all seemed to have agendas, JMO.

I'm guessing that the terms of the agreement don't allow for any disparaging statements against JP or the church, and so the only thing she can really focus on that she feels is related to actual justice for Mica is the goal of passing legislation that she believes would have helped Mica and now could help other people in situation's like Mica's situation. I think she was trying to find a balance between what she was allowed to say, legally in terms of the binding agreement reached, and her goal to somehow get out the message that Mica was actually abused even though she can't say it in a straight-forward way.

I'm also guessing that Mica's family had a weak case in relation to their goals related to Mica's estate and related to a civil lawsuit, etc. and so the only way forward for them was to compromise with the global agreement.

JMO

Ward in an interview a few hours ago.

Obviously, without knowing any of the details of the settlement, I am very disappointed in this result. It feels like once again, Mica is getting the shaft.

Maybe (hopefully) there will be some charges. I do not think that Mica was murdered, but there are other possible charges floating out there.

I do not have a link, so take it as my opinion, but I believe, in an effort to unload assets, well, just in case someone decides to go after everything he owns, in a lawsuit, he very recently may have signed his ownership in the bar over to one of his sons. JMO
Wow! That doesn't at all make him look guilty as sin of something, anyway.

I am not buying into any conspiracy theories yet, but crying loudly enough to be heard by another person some distance away (yes I know sound carries over water) doesn't fit very well in my mind with that icy calm in the 911 call.
Excellent point!

At this moment I do still believe that she committed suicide and was not physically shot by JPM or by any of his cohorts.

Which is not to say that he was not instrumental in her death, because IMO he certainly made her life unbearable.

IMO they had a very torturous obsession with each other…not blaming the victim but that’s how it appears to me, and I completely blame JPM for initiating an inappropriate relationship when she was very young.

I think his twisted relationship with her developed into her believing she was in love with him, but nothing about him was holy or good, and she found that out the hardest way.

If I were a church member I’d be turned off immediately just knowing he owned a bar. What Christian pastor invests in a bar where people would get drunk?

He is rotten to the core and I’m astonished that the church members and/or overseers would embrace him in any way after his double life has been revealed.

He is toxic, he’s a hypocrite, he’s a sex addict, he’s greedy, he’s a cheater, he’s a liar, he’s an attention hog, possibly a pedophile…I cannot fathom how anyone going forward could allow him in a ministry.

JMO
Agree on all counts!

That’s a good timeline.

The very last thing shows that he’s still going after her estate. I didn’t realize this.
(from the link)
The Horry County Probate Court, in a letter to John-Paul's attorney, says it declined to "act on the application for informal appointment" filed in the case over Mica's estate. The letter continues, addressing the formal petition for appointment, instructing the attorney to file a Summons and Petition on all respondents and a hearing would be scheduled.

Those documents were filed by John-Paul's attorney the same day. At this time, it's not known if a hearing on the matter has been scheduled.
He just doesn't know when to quit. moo

Please, if I may, let me offer another possibility:

His behavior -- just that which we know about -- was creepy and controlling. And yet, buttressed by the loyalty of his followers.

On these threads, I've seen plenty of abusers who threaten suicide, not because they're suicidal, but because they know their partners' kind hearts. They prey on that. Gaslighting, guilt-tripping. Threatening to expose -- he's already done that, the topless photo, smearing her after death.

What if two things were simultaneously true -- one, Mica was afraid of him, that he was a serious danger to her, and two, he threatened to kill himself, she believed him, and he laid it on thick -- how would his flock feel if he killed himself "because of her"? Whether a true threat or not wouldn't matter as much as whether she believed it to be one. Perhaps she believed she'd be condemned by all of them if he took his life... that would feel like the weight of a thousand pressures.

If she was convinced her mortality was at stake (domestic/homicidal violence) and convinced that his mortality was at stake, she'd be condemned, perhaps she saw only one way out. On her terms.

Perhaps she felt already destroyed.

JMO
Or, maybe it was the threat that he'd end it all that got her out to the park in the first place??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back