Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the 9/16 article by thehuffingtonpost her cousin stated the police had a suspect but he couldn't elaborate. This implies to me that he knew the suspect. I'm sure le wouldn't give him the name so he must have already known who he was because of the suspects relationship with his cousin.

He also says he is a server/smartass at Carolina Ale House until 2013, which is where Misty worked. I don't see Misty's name in his friends list, but another Misty...MDC. Is it gone now?

I don't know what the relationship was, it may have been more.

No, I can see it - Misty M Johnson. Doesn't show up if you search friends for some reason though. Try control-F on the page.

No, I can see it - Misty M Johnson. Doesn't show up if you search friends for some reason though. Try control-F on the page.

How smart are you?? I have been on FB for years and never knew I could do that! Now tell me why she was hidden, or was she?

The only thing I can think of is they may think 2 1/2 miles is close. Maybe it is as opposed to 20 miles away?? They only said it was found in the city limits in the beginning. I think it was close to HIS and they wouldn't say that so as not to tip him off. AFTER the fact they say it was near HERS. Maybe 2 different investigators are talking to the reporters and they say different things. It's not surprising though.

Good point...

the words "close" and "far" are relative terms...

JMO

Sounds like this man is not very bright. So she kicks him out of the house, he kills her, then goes looking for a ride from neighbors? I wonder why he didn't take the car before he did that. Or did he go back after he couldn't find a ride, she wouldn't let him in, so he then killed her and took her car?
Strange.

Sounds like this man is not very bright. So she kicks him out of the house, he kills her, then goes looking for a ride from neighbors? I wonder why he didn't take the car before he did that. Or did he go back after he couldn't find a ride, she wouldn't let him in, so he then killed her and took her car?
Strange.

That sounds more likely. Wasn't the door locked but open? Makes me think she answered it, and he tried to push his way in after she locked the door. Sometimes I will do that at night, while answering. Paranoid :)

Search for missing Greenville woman goes national
Sept 20-13

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-new...21945732/-/wdbtncz/-/index.html#ixzz2g36zqq6o

Bumping this up because of the quote that was in it originally:

A neighbor said she was shocked to learn of Johnson's disappearance. Royce Lawrimore said Johnson asked to use her phone a couple of weeks ago.

"She said she was trying to help a friend get home because she didn't want him to drive and at the time, I didn't have my phone on me in the house, so she went elsewhere," Lawrimore said.

Wonder if it was the same guy?

I'd definitely believe that he most likely went around seeking a ride from neighbors when she initially "kicked him out of her home", PRIOR TO his killing her.. Moo is that he was likely met with negative reactions from neighbors seeing as how the time would likely have been wee early morning hours.. IMO that likely only fueled his anger..he returned to Misty's and at that point killed her and then drove her vehicle to his residence AFTER disposing of Misty's body using her very own vehicle..jmo, tho..

I would also be willing to bet dollars to donuts that yes, he very very likely is the same man who the neighbor stated that Misty had tried to find him a ride home days earlier.. Jmo, but as I'd initially theorized I believe that on that occasion that he was likely attempting to manipulate a way into having to stay over at Misty's home..and for whatever reason it seems that she was definitely wanting to find him a way home so that he wouldn't have to stay at her home..again all jmo, tho..

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

I'd definitely believe that he most likely went around seeking a ride from neighbors when she initially "kicked him out of her home", PRIOR TO his killing her.. Moo is that he was likely met with negative reactions from neighbors seeing as how the time would likely have been wee early morning hours.. IMO that likely only fueled his anger..he returned to Misty's and at that point killed her and then drove her vehicle to his residence AFTER disposing of Misty's body using her very own vehicle..jmo, tho..

I would also be willing to bet dollars to donuts that yes, he very very likely is the same man who the neighbor stated that Misty had tried to find him a ride home days earlier.. Jmo, but as I'd initially theorized I believe that on that occasion that he was likely attempting to manipulate a way into having to stay over at Misty's home..and for whatever reason it seems that she was definitely wanting to find him a way home so that he wouldn't have to stay at her home..again all jmo, tho..

I think you are right. I'm not seeing a romantic relationship, but maybe she felt sorry for him in some way. He has more in mind and keeps showing back up. Since she worked with him some, she didn't want a fight. I wonder why she didn't ask for help from a friend on how to deal with this man. I read a comment the other day from one of HIS friends, and it seems he floated around staying in people's business. Although the friend was saying he kept them all out of trouble. This was a female friend who was saying not to judge him. Just MOO!

Did Misty not have a phone?

Oh yes she most definitely had a cell phone that all who knew her adamantly stated that she was always communicating on(be it call, text, or via mobile social media)..which made this incident all the more questionable with her being at her own home, along with having a male friend at her home as well.. yet for some very strange reason she had no access to her phone, nor the male's phone..very suspicious IMO which led me to believe that it was POSSIBLE that there was some type of intentional manipulation being done by this male friend in order for him to have to stay over at Misty's due to his being too impaired to drive home..add to that the strange problem that his nor Misty's phones were available/useable for Misty to call to arrange for him a ride home.. Very strange indeed..

I believe back on the first or second page of this thread there is more detailed discussion of this particular incident that occurred within days of Misty's abduction/murder..

HTH:)

I also wonder why she didn't drive him home to get rid of him. I just don't get this. If I was being bothered by someone and wanted them gone, then I would say let me take you home. It all makes me think she had some sort of fear of him. If she had too much to drink, maybe she didn't want to drive though. Maybe he had a nasty side to him when drinking. Just thoughts rumbling around because this is a confusing thing.

Still leaning to them being in a relationship. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why would you admit being kicked out of the house. Answer. It is not unusual to be at her house. This doesn't mean he didn't do it, but he didn't think being there would be suspicious.

How smart are you?? I have been on FB for years and never knew I could do that! Now tell me why she was hidden, or was she?
OT, but just wanted to let you know that you can do that on any page when you want to find something. Much faster than perusing a whole page when you're only looking for one thing.

OT, but just wanted to let you know that you can do that on any page when you want to find something. Much faster than perusing a whole page when you're only looking for one thing.

I guess I need a computer course. I've been using a computer since the early 90s and just do the same old things! Thanks!

I see Misty had been married to a military man in the past. The obit is very sweet.
I don't know that we'll see much more until the trial.
RIP Misty.

From what I have read, the coroner hasn't been able to determine the cause of death due to the condition of the body. That means that he hasn't declared this to be a homocide, yet the accused was charged with murder. What do you suppose will happen in this situation?

From what I have read, the coroner hasn't been able to determine the cause of death due to the condition of the body. That means that he hasn't declared this to be a homocide, yet the accused was charged with murder. What do you suppose will happen in this situation?

You don't even need a body to convict someone of murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back