Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OCSO FB post with interesting replies to a comment by KS. TJT is the person replying. Fwiw, but Norway seems to be a super small, rural town. JMOO

I can't find anything at all about a Robert Fuller from Branchville, or a 24-year-old Robert Fuller from the area. The only close one I could find didn't have this tattoo and his family hasn't mentioned a passing.

Why is everything about this case so weird? His body was found in a haunted house and the dude is a ghost!

I also can't find anything, and I normally can at least find an address. I've also checked arrest/traffic records in Orangeburg and a few surrounding counties with no luck. Ghost indeed !

I know many here, including myself, have speculated the victim was Asian. IMO, that still could be true - if Robert was adopted as a young child to an American family and given an Americanized name. Longshot, for sure.

OCSO FB post with interesting replies to a comment by KS. TJT is the person replying. Fwiw, but Norway seems to be a super small, rural town. JMOO

I also can't find anything, and I normally can at least find an address. I've also checked arrest/traffic records in Orangeburg and a few surrounding counties with no luck. Ghost indeed !

I know many here, including myself, have speculated the victim was Asian. IMO, that still could be true - if Robert was adopted as a young child to an American family and given an Americanized name. Longshot, for sure.
I couldn’t find anything either. Very odd.

I searched online, too and only found some people in the surrounding area with the same last name. Assume in counties made up of rural areas and small towns, the county LE know most of the residents. They seem to keep things close to the vest, though.

This is the same area where LE is investigating the murders of Paul Murdaugh and his mother, scions of a powerful family. When it comes to crime, they do things differently down there.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252497838.html

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/orangeburg/publicindex
Orangeburg County case search (actually from the home page you can search any SC County)
Thanks @Proud Country Gal. I searched there on the POI and found he had been charged with "Assault / Assault & Battery by Mob" which was reduced from 1st degree (death resulting) to 3rd degree (bodily harm) in June. It's hard to tell if this was the freezer case or a separate incident. He is also no stranger to the Orangeburg court system. Was this what you were steering us toward or was there something else?

Interesting. Thanks @chaz . The OCSC said here that he was identified through the tattoo but declined to answer any other questions.

Perhaps some of @data_nerd_2005 's earlier work with contacting tattoo shops quietly paid off. :) I can hope so, anyways, as we do not know when OCSO was able to identify Robert.

From following the story about the murders of Paul Murdaugh and his mother Margaret, LE and prosecutors in this area do things differently. They appear to use Grand Juries fairly often, as do many rural counties in my state. For better or worse, Grand Juries allow LE and prosecutors to keep their investigations and evidence secret until they decide to proceed with charges against someone.

It allows them to go after a POI, but not reveal why, other than, in this case, that he's a POI in this case. They don't have to reveal details, evidence, witnesses they've interviewed, nothing. They can even drop charges or abandon the investigation without having to reveal anything about suspects, etc.

It seems likely local prosecutors have been investigating this murder via a Grand Jury, allowing them to wait until they had a POI before they revealed the identity of the victim. Just a thought. JMO and I'm just speculating, considering different scenarios. Following the Murdaugh case has been a real eye opener.

Grand juries in the United States - Wikipedia

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252498973.html

ETA: Just sayin', I don't think this is a good way to conduct investigations. LE could just as easily have decided to let the GJ investigating Robert's death expire without publicly revealing his identity or make a concerted effort to find his killer. It happens sometimes in rural counties.

Last edited:
Thanks @Proud Country Gal. I searched there on the POI and found he had been charged with "Assault / Assault & Battery by Mob" which was reduced from 1st degree (death resulting) to 3rd degree (bodily harm) in June. It's hard to tell if this was the freezer case or a separate incident. He is also no stranger to the Orangeburg court system. Was this what you were steering us toward or was there something else?
Just wanted to show that POI has a history with guns and violence. He has pled guilty to unlawful carrying of a handgun. (Shoplifting)
The Assault charge isn't the freezer it stemmed from domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature, but he pleaded guilty to first-degree assault and battery instead.

Orangeburg man guilty of assault charges.
13 months of probation what a joke!!!

Here was the shoplifting...
The Network of Care for Domestic Violence , Texas

I know this picture is not a good one but does anyone think the tattoo on the right arm looks like the one posted when the body was a John Doe?

Attachments

• Robert cut.jpg
    Robert cut.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 131

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members