Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was the freezer on the front porch or inside the house?
Why would you let a house just sit there? Just sell it as is so you don’t have to pay taxes or insurance.
It may have been an investment, the longer he holds if the area real estate value increases he could sell the land. He wasn't interested in the house, who knows how many acres it was.

Last edited:
Clarence Rutland is not listed in NamUs or on the county website as missing hopefully he was located. Everyone likes to get spooked if it's a haunted house I am there and I am an adult. NYC has an abundance of mob hit places, Amityville Horror House, the Tankleff murder house, Ocean Parkway Gilgo Beach, Son of Sam, you name it we have. I am not ashamed to say I take visitors to see some famous haunted spots.

Orange County Missing persons from the Sheriffs site. Orangeburg County, SC

I wonder how long the home was without power. Had the body been frozen in it at one point? What was the level of decomposition? How long does law enforcement believe the body was there?

So many questions. It seems unlikely that the body had been kept frozen. But who knew that the house was there and there was a freezer? The fire is too coincidental for me.

According to the interview at the link, he said he sold it about 10 yrs. ago to the current owner. He said it always had a reputation as being haunted and that he even heard voices when he lived there.

The current owner says he didn't notice the deep freezer until about 5 years ago. If so, someone dropped the freezer there, possibly with the body inside. If no one was living there and the freezer wasn't there 10 yrs ago when the current owner bought it, who put it there?

I'm guessing someone was living there or using the home it during the last several years. If the owner didn't live nearby or check on the property, he may not have noticed.

If you look on the Bing map street view, you can see a bunch of white bags filled with something, stacked against the barn. Not sure how to read notations on Bing maps, but the street view image has a date of 3/25/2015. If that's the date of the photo, someone was living there or using the place for some purpose. There don't seem to be any signs of farming or gardening around the place, nor any signs of landscaping or construction.

There are signs of tire tracks in the dirt driveway and on the road, so it looks like someone was visiting there.

JMO, I'll make a leap and say the house was being used for some kind of drug activity by someone who lived close enough to burn it down as soon as news broke about a body being found there.

The people who found the body may have also seen some other evidence on the property. LE may have asked them not to discuss it in the news media.

its possible the williamson guy was renting it out at some point too.

The tattoo looks like an older man of Asian or Pacific Islander descent. Perhaps it's the decedent's father?
Regarding A/PI, that seems likely. The sun is very reminiscent of the sun from the flag of the Philippines. I've had a few Filipino/Filipina friends with sun tattoos. I think we need to focus on a missing Filipino man.

ETA - based on the condition of the arm/tattoo, I would guess he hasn't been in there TOO long. Have they said how long they think he was there?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back