SC - Pamela ”Faith“ Roach, 26, still missing, believed being held against her will, Walhalla, Oconee Co, 4 Feb 2019 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snipped
, “it appeared she had no teeth for a while.”

Hmm - this makes me think they were not removed to hide the identity? I wonder how they define "a while" ? JMO

There is not much reported to be able to discuss. I’ve been reading some comments in the Bring Faith Home FB group. The family is devastated and due to the investigation can’t give much info. Regarding current news, the family has reported they won’t comment until the DNA results come back.
We have seen how hard this is on the families who are waiting for results, but can’t comment on the case.
My heart is breaking for this family and I’m praying for them as they wait for results.

There is not much reported to be able to discuss. I’ve been reading some comments in the Bring Faith Home FB group. The family is devastated and due to the investigation can’t give much info. Regarding current news, the family has reported they won’t comment until the DNA results come back.
We have seen how hard this is on the families who are waiting for results, but can’t comment on the case.
My heart is breaking for this family and I’m praying for them as they wait for results.

SouthernMom, again I'd like to thank you for your committment to Faith's WS thread and keeping us updated on Faith's status. You are appreciated!

Whomever you are, bring Faith home! Her family needs her home.

Praying for Faith tonight.

'HOPE' IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS
Emily Dickinson

'Hope' is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—

And sweetest—in the Gale is heard—
And sore must be the storm—
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm—

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest Sea—
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb—of Me.

This is beautiful! Thank you.

SouthernMom, again I'd like to thank you for your committment to Faith's WS thread and keeping us updated on Faith's status. You are appreciated!

Whomever you are, bring Faith home! Her family needs her home.

I have daughters too, including one Faith’s age. I also loved ones who are wonderful in every way but struggle with addiction.
Faith’s story touched my heart. I hope that she is brought home to her family and whomever is responsible,for keeping her away, is prosecuted.

I'm wondering if this isn't her - seems like it is taking way too long - or don't they have Rapid DNA in SC?

I'm wondering if this isn't her - seems like it is taking way too long - or don't they have Rapid DNA in SC?

Not sure about SC in general, but Richland County has a rapid DNA machine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...base-checks-arrestees/?utm_term=.4619a7234600

BBM

Privacy and technology advocates are leery of where Rapid DNA could lead, particularly because, as Jennifer Lynch of the Electronic Frontier Foundation observed, “there’s no agency that’s controlling the rollout of this technology.” The FBI acknowledged that anyone can buy a Rapid DNA machine, and police departments and prosecutors in Palm Bay, Fla., Cumberland County, Pa., Richland County, S.C., Tucson, Orange County, Calif., and the Utah attorney general’s office are using them, mostly to compare samples from crime scenes with known suspects, or simply to speed up DNA processing. Orange County has its own database of 180,000 arrestees against which it can compare unknown samples. The New York City medical examiner’s office recently purchased one of the machines to try to identify bodies that have been brought to the morgue without identification.

I had a feeling it wasn’t Faith when I saw the new “missing” posts on the Bring Faith Home FB Page.

It would appear that the discovery of the remains in Seneca has brought FBI involvement into the case of Faith's and another local woman’s (Laura Anders) disappearances.
There also appears to be more public interest in these two stories based on what I’ve read on the Bring Faith Home FB group.
I hope they all find answers soon.

It would appear that the discovery of the remains in Seneca has brought FBI involvement into the case of Faith's and another local woman’s (Laura Anders) disappearances.
There also appears to be more public interest in these two stories based on what I’ve read on the Bring Faith Home FB group.
I hope they all find answers soon.

This is good news for investigative purposes! I wonder if they're thinking a SK is responsible for the UID death as well as Faith and Laura's disappearances?
MOO

I have read some locals comments wondering if we have an SK in Oconee County. It’s one of many possibilities.

I tend not to read the gazillion posts and updates on the major threads here so I know there are facts and suspicions that have been discussed and either accepted or dismissed but I think I faintly remember in the beginning of this investigation that LE had said the cases didn't appear to be connected. Do you know if I'm remembering correctly or making that up in my head?

I tend not to read the gazillion posts and updates on the major threads here so I know there are facts and suspicions that have been discussed and either accepted or dismissed but I think I faintly remember in the beginning of this investigation that LE had said the cases didn't appear to be connected. Do you know if I'm remembering correctly or making that up in my head?

I do recall LE previously stating that at that time they did not have info leading them to believe the cases are connected. I don’t know if anything has changed since then.
I will have to look on the Fox Carolina website to follow up on the post from the Bring Faith Home FB group about a live news conference in Oconee County regarding the missing women.
I believe, from posts, the family of Faith Roach is very actively involved in trying to find answers and in regular contact with LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back