SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how knowledgeable/aware/complicit AM 's father was in all of this? It does seem as if AM had protection from his criminal behavior which ABRUPTLY ended upon the father's death. His father was with AM at the hospital on the night of the boat accident as well. Anyone have thoughts on this? Jmo

Not sure what might come out on AM’s father. They did work together, as in AM being a volunteer, think that was “fathers helper/assistant” until 2019. Yet for still had vehicles, prob gas credit card, insurance paid.

Jmo

I wonder how knowledgeable/aware/complicit AM 's father was in all of this? It does seem as if AM had protection from his criminal behavior which ABRUPTLY ended upon the father's death. His father was with AM at the hospital on the night of the boat accident as well. Anyone have thoughts on this? Jmo

There are some historical writings about the previous generations of Murdachs including Randall III...

When he went into some new store, he told the owner---"if you get robbed, I WILL TELL you what to do and say....

The strange death of Raldolph I has always been a big mystery... but I feel it started the long life of aggregious legal activities...

moo

SC‘There’s No Bottom To Him’: Unpacking Alex Murdaugh’s Latest Charges

“Alex Murdaugh is a really, really, really bad person.”

‘There’s No Bottom To Him’: Unpacking Alex Murdaugh’s Latest Charges

“I absolutely believe that before this is over that the federal government will bring charges,” Bland said. “But I do believe he’s going to get charged with a whole host of mail fraud, wire fraud, bank fraud, money laundering, conspiracy to commit fraud and failure to file income taxes.”

“I don’t think he’s gonna be the only one,” I don’t believe that, that they’re not looking at others and potentially people at the bank and his law firm and everywhere else I think everything is on the table. I think Alex is going to squeal like a stuck pig. I think that’s the only currency he has left.”

Documents filed this week show how Westendorf — and Palmetto State Bank — allegedly played important roles in the scheme. As a personal representative of an estate, Westendorf was in charge of managing the money of the estate and distributing the checks from the settlement. He was also obligated to fulfill his duties as an officer of the court. Westendorf is the vice of Palmetto State Bank and president of the Independent Banks of South Carolina.

“Hopefully, we’ll be able to persuade — with the power of the people — that Palmetto State Bank to disassociate from Chad Westendorf and Independent Banks of South Carolina needs to do that as well.”

Stuck

Isn't it just amazing how criminal "pillars of the community" can just get away with so much over such a long period of time.

Alex Murdaugh has nothing to lose now, maybe Buster does.... but not sure how he will recover either......

Good news is, I probably won't have to eat my hat. I posted way way upstream, that if AM wasn't the main Guilty party in the double murder, I'd gladly eat my hat. I think I can avoid that now.
I have said it all along. He killed them both. I don't have a hat but my BB cap wouldn't taste that good. lol
JMO

Opined from the medical industry:

“In rehab, phenobarbital is referred to as a "silver bullet," and aids in withdrawal. Why release the tox screen and not the trauma labs? Need to see his PT & PTT levels, that would clear up any inconsistencies with the bleeding of the head and any hematomas. (The PT and PTT is often ordered whenever someone has the signs and symptoms of inappropriate clotting, unexplained bleeding, or bruises easily). Also, ETOH is always tested during a tox screen, where are those numbers?

It appears that these record pages were released to prove to the media that AM had a GSW. It appears the laboratory diagnostic findings are being suppressed for some reason.

The records do NOT prove that he had a gunshot wound to the head at all. The info was reportedly history obtained from the patient?

These records do not prove that Buffalo Indonesia had a gunshot wound to the head. I don't think Dick knows jack about medical documentation. That or believes everyone else is dumber than hell”

Buffalo is a code name. Code names are often used for high profile people/controversial circumstances.

Here's the full medical report that was released. Anybody have any thoughts as to why they are calling AM "Buffalo Indonesia" o_Oo_Oo_O

READ: Medical Docs Reveal What Injuries Alex Murdaugh Suffered in Alleged Suicide-for-Hire Plot

1) Fascinating, all the doctors' / nurses' / paramedics' names are redacted. Why?

2) Why wasn't the drug test done on Sept 4 instead of the 5th?

3) Why was he given Keppra, an epilepsy drug? One of the possible adverse side effects of Keppra is suicidal thoughts or behavior.

4) AM still gets privileged treatment. Have many of you hide behind a code name like "Buffalo Indonesia" when you're admitted to a hospital? And why the secrecy?

5) Well, of course he had barbiturates and opiates in his system. He had to establish his "addiction". How easy to take those drugs for the first time the same day you're "suicidal" and get "shot".

I still ain't buying this crap.

This podcast episode hosted by Matt Harris and Seton Tucker presents the human side of the Murdaughs, featuring a Hampton area guest who knew AM and JMM well growing up and is also a genealogist. This added some color to my image of the family. MOO, MOO.

Just an interesting listen.

Episode #22. Hampton Native Speaks Out | Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence, 12 Oct 2021

Last edited:
Remember - the night of the boat accident, AM tried to intimidate, dominate and bully literally everyone in the hospital, from all the boat patients, their parents, doctors, nurses, techs and even investigators. Why would his visit to Memorial Health in Savannah GA be any different?

Maybe that's why every single health professional included in his medical report had their names redacted?

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Secretly Negotiating With Feds For Probe, Plea Deal | FitsNews, 14 Oct 2021

In a bold but ultimately unsuccessful gambit, defense attorneys for Alex Murdaugh have reportedly been conducting offline negotiations with federal prosecutors related to a looming Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) inquiry into the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

In fact, the nascent federal investigation actually appears to be a product of these negotiations … which are reportedly being driven by pressure from influential officials at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, D.C.

<snipped>

Is Harpootlian now calling in favors on behalf of his most (in)famous client?

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, the goal of these ongoing plea negotiations was to strike a preemptive deal with the federal government that could conceivably mitigate some of the state charges Murdaugh is facing – as well as additional charges he is likely to face in the future.

“They want (Murdaugh) to do his time in Club Fed, not the state cellblock,” a source familiar with the negotiations told this news outlet. …

<snipped>

Harpootlian and Griffin were unsuccessful, however, in their primary objective … drawing the state heat away from their client.

In fact, that gambit may have even backfired …

Last edited:
Remember - the night of the boat accident, AM tried to intimidate, dominate and bully literally everyone in the hospital, from all the boat patients, their parents, doctors, nurses, techs and even investigators. Why would his visit to Memorial Health in Savannah GA be any different?

Maybe that's why every single health professional included in his medical report had their names redacted?
I suspect that names were redacted to help prevent the press and other curious individuals from contacting them directly. What Lux is suggesting isn’t far fetched, either.

But all said and done I think the medical staff in their varied capacities and departments were probably too busy to be bullied or intimidated by their patient in any coordinated and comprehensive way. The primary reason for redactions was to avoid public inquiries. OMO.

READ: Medical Docs Reveal What Injuries Alex Murdaugh Suffered in Alleged Suicide-for-Hire Plot

... Death investigator and “Body Bags” podcast host Joseph Scott Morgan explained to CrimeOnline, “The fracture is from the graze wound. Another contributing factor is the expanding concussive fracture. Either way, this is an indication of close range.” Morgan also said the report not only suggests that Murdaugh suffered a superficial graze wound — but it also indicates that he did not act alone. He said, “Because there was no forensic assessment for a range of fire, it’s highly unlikely that this was self-inflicted.” ...

Really?! How does Morgan get from A to B that AM did not act alone, that it was likely not self-inflicted?! If someone can blow their brains out they can certainly graze their head with a gingerly placed gunshot. AM could feel the legal / LE walls closing in around him; I absolutely believe he was 100% desperate enough to risk it and do the deed himself. [Hey, if you killed two people with a shotgun and an assault rifle, how hard would it be to "graze" yourself to stay out of prison?]

He knew CES would refuse to shoot him (seriously, would you allow / trust anyone to attempt to "graze" your head with a gunshot?!) AM just needed a warm body to show up at the roadside scene to scapegoat as "shooter" and "drug dealer". Take the heat OFF himself. JMO

Opined from the medical industry:

“In rehab, phenobarbital is referred to as a "silver bullet," and aids in withdrawal. Why release the tox screen and not the trauma labs? Need to see his PT & PTT levels, that would clear up any inconsistencies with the bleeding of the head and any hematomas. (The PT and PTT is often ordered whenever someone has the signs and symptoms of inappropriate clotting, unexplained bleeding, or bruises easily). Also, ETOH is always tested during a tox screen, where are those numbers?

It appears that these record pages were released to prove to the media that AM had a GSW. It appears the laboratory diagnostic findings are being suppressed for some reason.

The records do NOT prove that he had a gunshot wound to the head at all. The info was reportedly history obtained from the patient?

These records do not prove that Buffalo Indonesia had a gunshot wound to the head. I don't think Dick knows jack about medical documentation. That or believes everyone else is dumber than hell”

Buffalo is a code name. Code names are often used for high profile people/controversial circumstances.
That's funny...they type up the whole story AM had to tell about changing his tire, someone pulling up, him turning away, him getting shot and losing his sight...then they give him a ridiculous code name like nobody's going to know who that patient really is?

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Secretly Negotiating With Feds For Probe, Plea Deal | FitsNews, 14 Oct 2021

In a bold but ultimately unsuccessful gambit, defense attorneys for Alex Murdaugh have reportedly been conducting offline negotiations with federal prosecutors related to a looming Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) inquiry into the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

In fact, the nascent federal investigation actually appears to be a product of these negotiations … which are reportedly being driven by pressure from influential officials at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, D.C.

<snipped>

Is Harpootlian now calling in favors on behalf of his most (in)famous client?

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, the goal of these ongoing plea negotiations was to strike a preemptive deal with the federal government that could conceivably mitigate some of the state charges Murdaugh is facing – as well as additional charges he is likely to face in the future.

“They want (Murdaugh) to do his time in Club Fed, not the state cellblock,” a source familiar with the negotiations told this news outlet. …

<snipped>

Harpootlian and Griffin were unsuccessful, however, in their primary objective … drawing the state heat away from their client.

In fact, that gambit may have even backfired …
If he only gets convicted of federal money crimes he'll wind up in CT's Club Fed Danbury, they all do. If he gets convicted of double murders no way he's going to Club Fed.

I really don’t know. But If that’s true then I am glad he looks like a psychopath in his new mugshot.
I agree! That look on his face is kinda scary. ...Like when a really, really angry person is putting on a fake smile?

Before the arrests, disclosures & all, he kinda just looked like a big doofus. Not so much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734