SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not immediately clear when Murdaugh’s extradition hearing would occur Thursday and when he would be back in South Carolina. A bond hearing was not expected Friday, said a spokesman with the state Attorney General’s Office.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254995682.html

It was also not clear why the bond hearing will take place in Beaufort County and not Hampton County.

No warrants were made public as of Thursday afternoon.

In early September, a top Lowcountry law firm, PMPED, issued a public statement accusing Murdaugh, the firm’s longtime partner, of embezzling the firm’s money and clients. Sources said it may be as much as $10 million.

I'm wondering if he will be given bail seeing as he tried to kill himself. If he has no money who will be putting up the bail as it seems everyone is now deserting him?
ITA and I would add who will literally be putting him up, as in where is he going to live? If he is the serious addict that his lawyers are portraying, he can't go out and live by himself somewhere, considering the enormous pressure he is under. MOO MOO MOO

I'm wondering if he will be given bail seeing as he tried to kill himself. If he has no money who will be putting up the bail as it seems everyone is now deserting him?

He is definitely a flight risk, he avoided talking for 3 days after the murders then gets quick lift out of dodge after he was shot(not) and then has to go to florida for rehab, really?

He should not get bond, in fact I hope he ends up getting life no parole.

Jmo

Alex Murdaugh’s medical records made in the hours after he first claimed on Sept. 4 that he was shot by an unnamed shooter show that doctors described his bloody head wound as consistent with being caused by gun fire…
Hospital records made Sept 4 in the hours after Murdaugh arrived at the hospital said he had a “gunshot wound of head,” with a fractured back skull bone, a laceration of the head, bleeding in the brain. It also said Murdaugh had a subdural hemotoma, or a buildup of blood on the brain, usually caused by an injury. One hospital physical exam noted Murdaugh had a “gunshot wound to the occiput (back of the skull).” Another exam found “two wounds ... across posterior scalp.” Another exam found “two superficial appearing bullet wounds to the posterior scalp.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255013697.html#storylink=cpy

GMA EXCLUSIVE: Alex Murdaugh’s attorney Dick Harpootlan speaks one-on-one with
@GStephanopoulos as his client faces new charges.

Video:
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1448976437663387656?s=20

https://gma.abc/2YVhypz

Alex Murdaugh’s medical records made in the hours after he first claimed on Sept. 4 that he was shot by an unnamed shooter show that doctors described his bloody head wound as consistent with being caused by gun fire…
Hospital records made Sept 4 in the hours after Murdaugh arrived at the hospital said he had a “gunshot wound of head,” with a fractured back skull bone, a laceration of the head, bleeding in the brain. It also said Murdaugh had a subdural hemotoma, or a buildup of blood on the brain, usually caused by an injury. One hospital physical exam noted Murdaugh had a “gunshot wound to the occiput (back of the skull).” Another exam found “two wounds ... across posterior scalp.” Another exam found “two superficial appearing bullet wounds to the posterior scalp.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255013697.html#storylink=cpy

GMA EXCLUSIVE: Alex Murdaugh’s attorney Dick Harpootlan speaks one-on-one with
@GStephanopoulos as his client faces new charges.

Video:
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1448976437663387656?s=20

https://gma.abc/2YVhypz

How many exams did he have? And why did each one show less severe wound(s) than the previous one?

Griffin said he wasn't surprised that Murdaugh had been arrested in the Satterfield case, but he was shocked at the timing. Murdaugh had just finished his program at the Florida rehab facility and was set to enter another two- to four-week program at a less-intensive facility within the same health care organization, Griffin said.

Alex Murdaugh arrested again, charged with stealing money from housekeeper's settlement

Shocked at the timing? They thought they had another 4 weeks and LE said nope, Book 'um Danno!

He is definitely a flight risk, he avoided talking for 3 days after the murders then gets quick lift out of dodge after he was shot(not) and then has to go to florida for rehab, really?

He should not get bond, in fact I hope he ends up getting life no parole.

Jmo
If he gets that same judge he'll be out. She set bond very low and then he didn't even have to pay the bond set. That one still confuses me.

If he gets that same judge he'll be out. She set bond very low and then he didn't even have to pay the bond set. That one still confuses me.
There are guidelines based on the charges. I was watching the last bond hearing, and all the experts were saying the bond amount and conditions were in line with what one would expect.

The judge was just following the law.

I’m disappointed that this is the big news concerning this case. I’ve taken to overlooking everything surrounding this but the murders.
The other big news for me is his lawyers have been negotiating with the Feds for AM to spill his guts for lighter sentences for his money crimes while AM's been in rehab.

The other big thing is RM dropping PM's estate.

As an old person, I know many people in the US on long term prescriptions as you describe for legitimate chronic pain. They have no problem getting prescribed as long as they stick with the program and don't continually increase their dosage, "doctor shop" which is going to multiple doctors for multiple prescribers, or other signs of non compliance.
People who have a problem complying or get addicted after an injury that heals and no longer requires pain medication are slowly weaned, removing one dose a week the first month, then two a week the second month etc., until they are weaned. It is a long process.
Sometimes they are given Suboxone at the end of weaning.
Shocked at the timing? They thought they had another 4 weeks and LE said nope, Book 'um Danno!
And all of a sudden the hospital records showed up. Opportune time to divert attention from the arrest.

There are guidelines based on the charges. I was watching the last bond hearing, and all the experts were saying the bond amount and conditions were in line with what one would expect.

The judge was just following the law.
Why set a bond for someone knowing they don't have to pay it? What's the law logic behind that? Why not just released on own recognizance? That's what confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay