SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grand jury had enough evidence that the two men conspired to decide to pursue prosecution.
The details of the conspiracy and it’s ultimate purpose will be hashed out at trial.
What we do know is that Eddie lied. He didn’t show up thinking he was helping with car trouble. There is evidence that he and Alex planned this.

Dick Harpootlian’s South Carolina Senate District No Longer Exists

Dick Harpootlian’s South Carolina Senate District No Longer Exists

According to a proposed map prepared by state lawmakers, Harpootlian’s current district – a heavily gerrymandered piece of real estate (.pdf) situated in and around the state capital of Columbia, S.C. – has been relocated to the Palmetto Lowcountry. Specifically, the proposed district would encompass the historic South of Broad region of downtown Charleston and the suburban West Ashley region of the state’s largest metropolitan area.

Again, assuming the GOP plan is approved.

Not sure how this may turn out.

We’re disappointed to not have the opportunity to have a public hearing where investigators and other witnesses may be able to be cross examined regarding the probable cause that actually led to these charges,” Bouchette said. “And instead, the charges were indicted by a grand jury.”

On Thursday, the S.C. Attorney General’s Office released the indictments against Alex Murdaugh and Curtis Eddie Smith.

Alex Murdaugh And Eddie Smith Indicted On Charges In Alleged Insurance Scam, Shooting

The indictments do not contain any evidence that the state has against Murdaugh or Smith. Nor do they mention that Smith had any prior knowledge of the insurance policy or Murdaugh’s planned scheme before he arrived on Old Salkehatchie Highway on September 4.

The indictments also don’t mention a motive for Eddie Smith to participate in the scheme.

The grand jury had enough evidence that the two men conspired to decide to pursue prosecution.
The details of the conspiracy and it’s ultimate purpose will be hashed out at trial.
What we do know is that Eddie lied. He didn’t show up thinking he was helping with car trouble. There is evidence that he and Alex planned this.

My question regarding Eddie and Alex is: how was Eddie going to get paid for actually killing Alex?
What was in it for him to get involved?

Did the dead man put Eddie in his will?

That weekend of September 2, had a lot stuff going down for Alex. He knew his law firm was on to him, and he hatched a plan? I fell for the “he’s doing this for Buster” but as it turns out AM is not an altruistic guy. I’m wondering if he really meant to end his life and I’m thinking probably not.

thoughts?

My question regarding Eddie and Alex is: how was Eddie going to get paid for actually killing Alex?
What was in it for him to get involved?

Did the dead man put Eddie in his will?

That weekend of September 2, had a lot stuff going down for Alex. He knew his law firm was on to him, and he hatched a plan? I fell for the “he’s doing this for Buster” but as it turns out AM is not an altruistic guy. I’m wondering if he really meant to end his life and I’m thinking probably not.

thoughts?
I think he’d already paid Eddie $200,000 after the murders. I don’t think either man intended for Alex to die. MOO

https://www.scribd.com/document/537251055/Hampton-Co-Grand-Jury

I don't think too much of SC AG Alan Wilson for signing off on this. These grand jury indictments against CES are total BS.

Only one core question matters:

If CES allegedly conspired with AM to commit insurance fraud (so BM could collect on that $10M life policy) WHY didn't he KILL AM?!!! That's kinda the meat and potatoes of "assisted suicide"!!!

Further, as for veteran attorney AM playing stupid regarding his own life policy (the same guy who made his living dredging through mountains of fine-print details in docs and all manner of sophisticated legal contracts) - he knew EXACTLY what his $10M life policy covered. AM is a career con and CES is getting shafted six ways to Sunday. JMO

Breaking: Court filings show a Hampton County grand jury indicted Alex Murdaugh and the man accused of shooting him in the head in an alleged $10 million life insurance suicide scheme.
Our story:https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255548746.html

A grand jury indictment signals the S.C. Attorney General’s Office feels comfortable to take the case to trial eventually and elevates the seriousness of the cases Murdaugh and Smith are facing.
https://twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1456334600985272329?s=21
https://twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1456334600985272329?s=21
I don’t get why Cousin Eddy is facing all these charges based only (at least from what we know) on AM’s description of what occurred. MOO. I guess there may be supporting forensic evidence that will become public in trial but right now it seems like one man’s word against another. Also not sure I would trust the crime scene to be entirely untouched before LE could collect evidence. MOO.

I don’t get why Cousin Eddy is facing all these charges based only (at least from what we know) on AM’s description of what occurred. MOO. I guess there may be supporting forensic evidence that will become public in trial but right now it seems like one man’s word against another. Also not sure I would trust the crime scene to be entirely untouched before LE could collect evidence. MOO.
Lol I know. I don't think anyone believes that this was in fact some sort of assisted suicide attempt, and one would assume that SLED and the DA's office wouldn't believe that either. I don't know what to make of this.

To take the heat off of both of them and make it look like someone was trying to kill Alex after the murders of Maggie & Paul.
MOO

AM's first story (a lie) was that a stranger tried to shoot/kill him (AM was indicted for his false police report). When that story didn't fly he switched to the "assisted suicide" story.

If allegedly willing "co-conspirator" CES did not kill AM to complete the "assisted suicide" what was the point of the entire incident? AM's second story is a lie, too, because he's still alive!

The way I see it, AM is a serial liar on all counts. He had to drag (trusting) CES (or someone else) into his mess to somehow become the aggrieved, sympathetic, "drug-addicted", "wounded" "victim" - so he could disappear into "rehab" ... and away from all his troubles. JMO

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie...

You should have 'fessed up right away. Or better yet, not answered the phone.

Alex is getting deeper & deeper. Who else is going down with him? Or are these two the only ones?
Nope, these won't be the only ones going down....Probably a banker or two and an attorney or two, at the very least.

This case is going to have a lot more twists and turns before answers come out in the wash. It still doesn’t seem like LE or whoever is in charge has done much on the Maggie/Paul murders. They must know something or actually have facts and evidence to point to someone. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper