SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, if AM hadn't killed / put a hit out on MM and PM, all his financial crimes might have stayed hidden. He probably could have gotten away with his massive fraud and embezzlement schemes till he kicked the bucket of old age.

Yup. I think he killed to keep the house of cards from collapsing, but the killings themselves collapsed that house.

Irony.

Just think, if AM hadn't killed / put a hit out on MM and PM, all his financial crimes might have stayed hidden. He probably could have gotten away with his massive fraud and embezzlement schemes till he kicked the bucket of old age.

There is such a frantic, messy recklessness to his conduct both before and after the murders, that I'm not sure of the crimes staying hidden for much longer even without these happening. Whatever made him unravel, I think his tipping point might have been before the murders. I think if/when we learn about what went on in the six to twelve months beforehand, it may make sense why his marriage was in trouble, why he was stealing so much money, and perhaps the why of the murders. It seems as though he was no master criminal-writing cheques to Eddie/ leaving cheques on his work desk-more incredible is that he got away with it for so long! The stress he was under just before the murders was incredible. The idea that he had a "nap" between visiting his nearly dead father and demented mother, before finding his wife and son blasted away??

Thanks @sds71 for link.

On Sept. 13, three months after Murdaugh III’s death, Palmetto State Bank, headquartered in Hampton, filed two separate creditor claims against Murdaugh III’s estate totaling more than $935,000.

A creditor claim is a legal filing that says a person or entity owes another person or entity a debt.

One claim, for $617,246.51, is for an unsecured commercial line of credit that Murdaugh III took out in 2017 with his son Alex Murdaugh.

The application for the credit line, signed by Alex Murdaugh on Dec. 19, 2017, said the money would be used for real estate.

The statement of creditor’s claim said the claim will be due on March 5, 2022, and that the interest on the claim accrues at a daily rate of $94.42.

A timeline of the transfers of money attached to the creditor’s claim shows that the last entry was a $19,074.58 interest payment on April 16. The document does not say who made the payment.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255970572.html

Not surprised by all of this coming out, still waiting on murder charges in MM & PM's case.

I truly hope they are looking into the circumstances surround GS's death.

That was an enormous payout. Who was at home at the time, she supposedly tripped over the dogs? I wonder how a trip and fall ended up with her being brain dead?

AM did GS and her family so wrong. I hope he pays dearly for that.

JMO

Murdaugh attorneys file motion to silence Satterfield lawyer, who says it’s ‘going to take a lot’ to shut him up | FitsNews.com, 22 Nov 2021

Attorneys for disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh filed a surprising and aggressive motion late Monday seeking a gag order and other sanctions against attorney Eric Bland, whose repeated calls for justice have been quoted in the media since Bland began representing the family of the Murdaughs’ deceased longtime housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, this past summer.
<snipped>

The highly detailed motion from State Sen. Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, who are defending Murdaugh against more than 30 criminal charges as of this past Friday, contains six pages cataloguing Bland’s colorful quotes, including several that have appeared in FITNews and were featured in our news director Mandy Matney’s highly popular podcast, “The Murdaugh Murders.”

The filing asks the court for sanctions “including an award of costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in this motion, and referral of Mr. Bland’s conduct to the Office of Disciplinary counsel.”

Murdaugh attorneys file motion to silence Satterfield lawyer, who says it’s ‘going to take a lot’ to shut him up | FitsNews.com, 22 Nov 2021

Attorneys for disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh filed a surprising and aggressive motion late Monday seeking a gag order and other sanctions against attorney Eric Bland, whose repeated calls for justice have been quoted in the media since Bland began representing the family of the Murdaughs’ deceased longtime housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, this past summer.
<snipped>

The highly detailed motion from State Sen. Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, who are defending Murdaugh against more than 30 criminal charges as of this past Friday, contains six pages cataloguing Bland’s colorful quotes, including several that have appeared in FITNews and were featured in our news director Mandy Matney’s highly popular podcast, “The Murdaugh Murders.”

The filing asks the court for sanctions “including an award of costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in this motion, and referral of Mr. Bland’s conduct to the Office of Disciplinary counsel.”

Bland's quotes might be colourful, but they are also apt! Keep em coming I say!

I'm Australian, here I think he would be looking at a considerable sentence, maybe 6-12 years? I'm so horrified by his financial crimes, I just can't believe it! (And that is before the murders are even considered!)

I'm Australian, here I think he would be looking at a considerable sentence, maybe 6-12 years? I'm so horrified by his financial crimes, I just can't believe it! (And that is before the murders are even considered!)

White collar crime here is punished on a sliding scale with some harsh and some not so harsh. It looks like AM has racked up a lot of charges.

Just last Wednesday, Harpootlian and Griffin argued in a motion to dismiss the suit that Gloria Satterfield’s sons have been “fully compensated for their alleged losses,” therefore Murdaugh — who was allegedly the ringleader in the scheme — should not have to pay any money back.

Quoted in Monday’s motion is Bland’s reaction to this filing on Matney’s podcast.

“I didn’t think anybody had the set of balls to actually put that in a pleading: Yes, if I took the money, I just keep it because somebody else repaid it for me.”

Murdaugh attorneys file motion to silence Satterfield lawyer, who says it’s ‘going to take a lot’ to shut him up

If AM were to face no further charges than he faces today, and he was found guilty of all of these charges, what sort of punishment would he be facing?
I'd say he would be looking at serious jail time, 10+ years.

A national spotlight is on this case and there's no way he's going to get a slap on the hand. IMO

Just last Wednesday, Harpootlian and Griffin argued in a motion to dismiss the suit that Gloria Satterfield’s sons have been “fully compensated for their alleged losses,” therefore Murdaugh — who was allegedly the ringleader in the scheme — should not have to pay any money back.

Quoted in Monday’s motion is Bland’s reaction to this filing on Matney’s podcast.

“I didn’t think anybody had the set of balls to actually put that in a pleading: Yes, if I took the money, I just keep it because somebody else repaid it for me.”

Murdaugh attorneys file motion to silence Satterfield lawyer, who says it’s ‘going to take a lot’ to shut him up
:D Bland is the gift that keeps on giving.

There is such a frantic, messy recklessness to his conduct both before and after the murders, that I'm not sure of the crimes staying hidden for much longer even without these happening. Whatever made him unravel, I think his tipping point might have been before the murders. I think if/when we learn about what went on in the six to twelve months beforehand, it may make sense why his marriage was in trouble, why he was stealing so much money, and perhaps the why of the murders. It seems as though he was no master criminal-writing cheques to Eddie/ leaving cheques on his work desk-more incredible is that he got away with it for so long! The stress he was under just before the murders was incredible. The idea that he had a "nap" between visiting his nearly dead father and demented mother, before finding his wife and son blasted away??
I think the tipping point was when MM moved to the beach house. Her going to see a divorce attorney, if true, would fit with that. AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member