SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The motion by attorneys Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin asks a judge to impose a gag order against Columbia lawyer Eric Bland, who represents the two sons of Gloria Satterfield. The motion also asks that Bland be referred to the state agency that investigates lawyers, alleging Bland violated the code of ethics...

Among the examples cited in Monday’s filing as inappropriate and worthy of sanctions: ▪ Comments from Bland that Murdaugh is “as morally bankrupt” as a serial killer. ▪ Comments from Bland that advocate in the media for criminal charges against Murdaugh. ▪ The comparison of Murdaugh to serial killer Pee Wee Gaskins, which the lawyers contend is a “dig” at Harpootlian, who prosecuted Gaskins.

Donald Henry Gaskins - Wikipedia

SC Murdaugh lawyers want gag order on Satterfield attorney | Hilton Head Island Packet

This warms my heart:

Also in Murdaugh news today:
Attorneys for Murdaugh's deceased housekeeper's estate say Alex Murdaugh owes more money, not none at all, in lawsuit.
$4.3M in "losses does not represent the ceiling of Plaintiffs’ damages — it is the floor."

https://twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1463281017997959175?s=21

‘It’s Like Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic’: Eric Bland Files Scorching Response to Alex Murdaugh’s Motion to Be Dismissed from Lawsuit

Attorneys for the Satterfield family say that “it is not Murdaugh’s place to declare the Plaintiff’s ‘whole’ and announce that the lawsuit against him is over.”

Further, they say that the more than $7 million recovered so far does not nearly account for the money the Satterfield family lost out on in potential investments had the money been given to them in 2019 when the case settled; the money they have to pay in taxes that they otherwise would not have had to pay had the settlement been handled ethically; the payment of attorneys’ fees and costs pursuant to South Carolina Unfair Trade Practices Act; and punitive damages.

Per the U.S. Supreme Court, the punitive damages would be determined, in part, based on the “degree of reprehensibility” of the wrongdoing.

“Clearly Murdaugh’s conduct is beyond reprehensible and is punishable by punitive damages.”

Therefore, the attorneys argued, Murdaugh’s damages exposure is more like $38,990,350.

“Much to Murdaugh’s chagrin, he will have to wait until the jury speaks,” they wrote.

I’ll bump this having never thought we would go thru Thanksgiving and the holidays with no progress with finding out who killed these people. A lot has happened and a lot has come to light but this big elephant is still in the room.

I’ll bump this having never thought we would go thru Thanksgiving and the holidays with no progress with finding out who killed these people. A lot has happened and a lot has come to light but this big elephant is still in the room.

It seems incredible doesn't it? Hopefully it means that LE are building a strong case.

It may continue to sit there for a while longer, as Alex doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

When that day comes and we see the arrest affidavit, I think we'll understand why it took the length of time that it did.

I don't think he's going to be allowed to post bail, but if he does, I believe he'll be charged at that point. I wouldn't be surprised if he's charged next week, nor would I be shocked if it was several months from now.

His days as a free man may very well be over though.

It may continue to sit there for a while longer, as Alex doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

When that day comes and we see the arrest affidavit, I think we'll understand why it took the length of time that it did.

I don't think he's going to be allowed to post bail, but if he does, I believe he'll be charged at that point. I wouldn't be surprised if he's charged next week, nor would I be shocked if it was several months from now.

His days as a free man may very well be over though.

Assuming AM is responsible, sure. But I would offer that since SLED has studied every breath he has taken in the last decade while doing what they do best, chasing political glory and drug cases, they would have sufficient info on where he was and who he has contacted. I just don’t have the faith in this state that some have. I’d bet too that any federal input into this is met with resistance from these state officials. It’s my hope that the FBI would take the lead with this case.

Guess we got spoiled by so much going on this fall — now it’s a sit and wait game with not much to discuss.

Wonder what they serve for Thanksgiving at the Richland County Jail?

I did think of Buster. This is first Thanksgiving with no nuclear family. The “firsts” are so difficult, and he still has Christmas coming.

I keep thinking about the 2 weapons involved. I can’t picture 1 person using different guns so I’m almost sure of 2 shooters. I wonder if it was planned that way too. I just get the feeling that if we ever get answers it’s going to be names new to us. If AM is involved he has hidden it well with all of this other smoke around this. I just don’t think it’s him. He is sitting right under the noses of those responsible for figuring this out and after all this nothing has happened.

I keep thinking about the 2 weapons involved. I can’t picture 1 person using different guns so I’m almost sure of 2 shooters. I wonder if it was planned that way too. I just get the feeling that if we ever get answers it’s going to be names new to us. If AM is involved he has hidden it well with all of this other smoke around this. I just don’t think it’s him. He is sitting right under the noses of those responsible for figuring this out and after all this nothing has happened.
One possibility is that LE knows what happened in facts but cannot get anyone to corroborate those facts and agree to testify to those facts. Perhaps they cannot make a case that is irrefutable and that they feel will succeed in front of a jury that comes from that same area. One hundred years of entrenched intimidation, and influence that reaches absolutely everywhere and to everyone. These folks have to live, work and raise families in this area and they may not like it but they know where their loyalties have to lie. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member