SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning (well, not really beginning) to think all the other shenanigans surrounding the murder of Maggie and Paul are intentional distractions. Maybe this was the plan all along?

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Files S.C. Supreme Court Complaint Against Eric Bland

“He wants to start a war with me,” Bland said Monday afternoon. “As opposed to keeping the focus on the case. I’m not gonna get in a war with Harpootlian. I have no reason to go to war with him. I think he’s one of the best lawyers our state has ever produced. He’s really just representing a client that he can’t use his skills to get them off, or mitigate the heinous nature of of the stuff that he’s done.”

I'm beginning (well, not really beginning) to think all the other shenanigans surrounding the murder of Maggie and Paul are intentional distractions. Maybe this was the plan all along?

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Files S.C. Supreme Court Complaint Against Eric Bland

“He wants to start a war with me,” Bland said Monday afternoon. “As opposed to keeping the focus on the case. I’m not gonna get in a war with Harpootlian. I have no reason to go to war with him. I think he’s one of the best lawyers our state has ever produced. He’s really just representing a client that he can’t use his skills to get them off, or mitigate the heinous nature of of the stuff that he’s done.”

What do you mean? I think the murders are taking a back seat to the rest of the distractions since any report we see only mentions the killings at the headline but will offer nothing related to them. As I’ve indicated earlier, the deeper they dive into AMs life, the more it seems to say that he isn’t involved in the murders.

What do you mean? I think the murders are taking a back seat to the rest of the distractions since any report we see only mentions the killings at the headline but will offer nothing related to them. As I’ve indicated earlier, the deeper they dive into AMs life, the more it seems to say that he isn’t involved in the murders.
I've no doubt. AM is involved in the two killings. I think AM liaised with someone on his payroll to whom he writes a lot of checks. I think that good buddy hired two hit-men to carry out the killings. So far, nothing has convinced me otherwise. The Murdaugh family is a viper pit.

SLED has released the 9-1-1 phone call from Gloria Satterfield’s fall at their Moselle home. Margaret Murdaugh tells operators Satterfield fell down eight brick steps at the front of the house, was mumbling and bleeding from the top of her head and ear.

SLED releases 911 call from 2018 slip and fall accident involving Murdaugh housekeeper Gloria Satterfield | WCBD News 2

At the beginning of the call, Maggie told the dispatcher that her housekeeper has fallen at 4147 Moselle Road in Colleton County, South Carolina. Maggie appears to be calm.

Maggie: My housekeeper has fallen and I can’t get her up.

Dispatcher: Where did she fall from?

Maggie: Going up the steps.

Dispatcher: How many steps?

Maggie: 8

Dispatcher: Is she conscious?

Maggie: She’s not unconscious. She’s just mumbling.

Maggie appears to be irritated with the operators questions.

Maggie: She’s on the ground. She’s on the ground. She’s on the ground.

Dispatcher: Me asking questions does not slow them down, ma’am.”

Maggie Murdaugh then handed the phone to her son, Paul Murdaugh, who was 18 at the time.

Dispatcher: Can you ask the patient what kind of pain she is having?

Paul: Ma’am, she can’t talk … She’s cracked her head and there’s blood on the concrete and she’s bleeding out of her left ear.

Dispatcher: Do you know who she is?

Paul: Yes, she works for us.

A source who was close to the Murdaugh family told FITSNews that the family called Gloria “GoGo” and Paul loved her “because she was another mother figure to him.” Satterfield helped raise both Paul and Buster Murdaugh.

Dispatcher: Do you know if she’s had a stroke or anything before?

Paul: Ma’am, can you stop asking me all these questions.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/11/30...-release-911-call-in-gloria-satterfield-case/

Last edited:
I can’t say I’m surprised at how high-handed they were.
I didn't listen to the call, but I know the one time I was on the phone with law enforcement to report an incident, they asked a lot of questions I found irritating (and seemingly unrelated) at the time. It was a stressful time and their questions didn't make it any less stressful. To be clear, I don't think highly of the Murdaughs, but I do understand how emotional the situation must've been.

SLED has released the 9-1-1 phone call from Gloria Satterfield’s fall at their Moselle home. Margaret Murdaugh tells operators Satterfield fell down eight brick steps at the front of the house, was mumbling and bleeding from the top of her head and ear.

SLED releases 911 call from 2018 slip and fall accident involving Murdaugh housekeeper Gloria Satterfield | WCBD News 2

At the beginning of the call, Maggie told the dispatcher that her housekeeper has fallen at 4147 Moselle Road in Colleton County, South Carolina. Maggie appears to be calm.

Maggie Murdaugh then handed the phone to her son, Paul Murdaugh, who was 18 at the time.

Paul: Ma’am, she can’t talk … She’s cracked her head and there’s blood on the concrete and she’s bleeding out of her left ear.

A source who was close to the Murdaugh family told FITSNews that the family called Gloria “GoGo” and Paul loved her “because she was another mother figure to him.” Satterfield helped raise both Paul and Buster Murdaugh.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/11/30...-release-911-call-in-gloria-satterfield-case/

911 call very informative. Lots of reading between those lines. jmo.

That whole Satterfield fall is suspicious to me. Especially after reading the 911 dialogue. Most people would be standing or kneeling by the hurt individual and talking on their phone to dispatch to be able to relay correctly what they are being asked about the victim. Maybe being a retired Nurse Practitioner I’m thinking to hard on this but I know others that have had accidents and the people calling for help were of course upset but tried to talk to the victim or relay some type of kindness to them. I guess the Murdaughs missed out on the kind and caring attribute. MOO

Assuming AM is responsible, sure. But I would offer that since SLED has studied every breath he has taken in the last decade while doing what they do best, chasing political glory and drug cases, they would have sufficient info on where he was and who he has contacted. I just don’t have the faith in this state that some have. I’d bet too that any federal input into this is met with resistance from these state officials. It’s my hope that the FBI would take the lead with this case.
I am confident LE is doing their best to identify and prosecute the killers of PM and MM. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The 59-year-old disbarred attorney was indicted on seven counts of bank fraud in 2018 after prosecutors said he settled lawsuits on his clients’ behalf and pocketed the cash.
Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article256040357.html#storylink=cpy
There must be lots of terrified attorneys out there right now.

I don't know about being terrified. It's so prevalent through out that they don't seem to even care!
I was unable to open your link so instead did a search on google for attorneys that stole from their clients. It was an eye-opener! On the search results FIRST page, there were three different attorneys in TN listed who had stolen the settlements from their clients within the last five years.

Here's one who has already been disbarred THREE times. The article even warns you to check with the board before hiring an attorney.

Memphis attorney accused of stealing money from clients

Here's another one.

Local attorney accused of stealing settlement money from his clients

Wow. I can’t believe it, but in the 911 call it actually sounds like Paul is more concerned about Gloria than Maggie. Maggie doesn’t even want to touch her. Neither of them say a comforting word to Gloria, try to stop the bleeding, or tell her help is on the way. Both are very calm. Maggie seems more annoyed than anything. MOO

I was struck by Maggie telling dispatcher (about 2:35 in recording) that GS “just fell back down” and wanting to get off call; then later when questioned more on this, Paul says he was trying to hold her (GS) up (about 3:40) and she (MM?) says to “turn her loose” so GS fell back down. Falling again on bricks seems like it would exacerbate an already bad situation. MOO. Trying to picture this.

Agree Paul seems more concerned than Maggie. I missed that she didn’t want to touch her. I don’t get the trying to hold her up and then letting her fall again.

Interesting that GS fell up the stairs (I had been assuming she fell down from top), and they were the outside brick steps. I can see the dogs bounding down into her just at the time she was ascending, or sometimes dogs like to lie on a step with their back against the riser. If GS was attempting to avoid stepping on a sleeping dog and he started and moved, she could have tripped on him.

I hear the tone of call as PM and MM seeming maybe bewildered? They did sound oddly detached. MOO. MOO.

Also curious why SLED decided to release this recording. Wonder if they hoping for useful public feedback, or they are trying to release yet something else to satisfy public questioning that won’t jeopardize their investigations.

Last edited:

Wow. MM's first concern is to get an injured, bleeding, semi-conscious woman UP. Her tone, words, lack of emotion and clear annoyance as she hands the phone to PM give us some insight into Maggie Murdaugh.

I didn't listen to the call, but I know the one time I was on the phone with law enforcement to report an incident, they asked a lot of questions I found irritating (and seemingly unrelated) at the time. It was a stressful time and their questions didn't make it any less stressful. To be clear, I don't think highly of the Murdaughs, but I do understand how emotional the situation must've been.

And I guess one of my experiences was just the opposite.... I knew police were on the way... so the questioning really made me be more concise about the details of the crime.... Guess I felt I wanted to "be just like them when I grew up". Its a hard job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper