SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moselle would've been a better place for a staged attack, especially if there aren't any security cameras on the property. Incredible carelessness to assume that the church across the street from the Sept. 3 shooting wouldn't have a camera.

For what it's worth, I've never believed that it was Alex's intention to die on Sept. 3. However, I have a smart friend who thinks he did, so I thought I'd come here and see what ya'll think, since I respect the opinions of Websleuths. :)

I’ve come to believe that he did not. I didn’t think CS was involved as deep as he is though so there’s that. I am now wondering about the check to CS dated may 28 for 22,000 plus one week before the june 4th mediation. 3 days after that MM & PM murdered. Did MM find something or get in the way of a check being picked up or delivered. They seemed to be weekly there for a bit.

Jmo

Show on Oxygen tonight. What's up with Troy Roberts? He is having trouble speaking. Does he have a health issue? Anyway, the show is just 2 hours. Sure could be a multi episode show with all the many twists and turns.
Any comments on Oxygen show? Any new intel?

Don’t think that is a channel in our cable package. Will it be posted on a website?

Thanks! :)

AM has got a new bond hearing this morning-what is that about, does anyone know?

Murdaugh latest: 7 new indictments, 21 new financial charges against Alex Murdaugh

Alex Murdaugh faces 7 new indictments, 21 new financial charges

These new indictments charge Murdaugh with nine counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent; seven counts of computer crimes; four counts of money laundering and one count of forgery in alleged schemed to defraud victims of $1,365,440.24.

@RealRileyBenson

Through a read statement by Alex Murdaugh’s attorneys, Dick Harpootlian. Murdaugh has confessed taking the 4.3 million dollars from the family of his longtime housekeeper and apologizes for the “mishandling” of the funds.
Dick Harpootlian is asking Murdaugh be granted a Personal Recognizance Bond, house arrest, and electronic monitoring on the the pending 48 state grand jury charges. Harpootlian says Murdaugh needs to return to a treatment facility.
Alex Murdaugh is addressing the judge. Murdaugh says he was in a depressed, dark place when he attempted to kill himself. Says he was in withdraws from opioids. Knew the news of his crimes would hurt Maggie’s, his family. Is working to help himself and his family.
Murdaugh says his head has “never been better and feels good.” Says he’s gone through inpatient treatment and was sick for several weeks in jail. Wants to face the charges, and repair what he’s done

Creighton Waters on behalf of the state, says Murdaugh should remain in jail. The state believes Murdaugh is a liability released from jail and is unhinged since his September 4th attempted suicide.

Last edited:
@RealRileyBenson
Judge Lee says he needs to partake in 10 counseling sessions. Will have to go through random drug testing.

In terms of the amount, Judge Lee has set a 7 million dollar bond for Alex Murdaugh.

Judge Lee has set the following bond. GPS monitoring, house arrest, waive extradition if he leaves the state, surrender passport, more conditions could be set by the State Grand Jury. Believes Murdaugh needs counseling and opioid addiction treatment, has to take place in SC.

She said Murdaugh would have to pay the entire amount in order to be released from jail on those charges.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/13...harges-of-fraud-money-laundering-and-forgery/

Lee, who does not have jurisdiction over Murdaugh’s previous charges, did not address his current state of being held without bond.

For the time-being, though, it appears as though Murdaugh will not be released, even if he were to post the bond set by Lee Monday.

Immediately after Lee announced her decision, Murdaugh’s attorney Dick Harpootlian asked the judge to reconsider.

”Your honor, the attorney general did not request $7 million,” Harpootlian told her.

Prior to setting the bond, Lee spoke about her hesitation in setting a bond for Murdaugh.

“I’m a little reluctant but I’m obligated by state law and the constitution,” she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny