SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His attorney, Harpootlian, attempted to argue against that amount because he essentially did not have the money to pay it and asked the judge to reduce the number.

Judge Lee said she would entertain a motion to reconsider the bond hearing to $6.2 million in the future.

Judge grants $7M bond, sets conditions for Alex Murdaugh on State Grand Jury charges | WCBD News 2

If I were Harpootlian, I wouldn't even bother with the motion. $6.2 million is not a huge difference, and it is clear the judge won't go lower than that.

Show on Oxygen tonight. What's up with Troy Roberts? He is having trouble speaking. Does he have a health issue? Anyway, the show is just 2 hours. Sure could be a multi episode show with all the many twists and turns.
It was bizarre. I’m surprised the network aired the show in its form. I hope Roberts is ok.

Facing 506 years in prison and he gets bond.
Noooo! Who is this judge?

Edit: Answering my own question:
Judge Alison Lee

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/09/alex-murdaugh-hit-with-21-more-charges-from-state-grand-jury/
Lee has been criticized by this news outlet multiple times for giving bond to violent offenders in the past.

In fact, she was blocked from becoming a federal judge because of her penchant for excessive judicial leniency.

Lee also was denied a seat on the S.C. appeals court because lawmakers were concerned about her doling out bond to violent criminals.

Last edited:
Does AM have any cronies left that would raise $6.2 million for his bond?

The only one I have read about is CS and he’s in jail, as far as family he owes money to one and BM is out of control of everything, so that leaves JM?.

I think at this point he’s up salkehatchie river without a paddle.

Jmo

@RealRileyBenson

Through a read statement by Alex Murdaugh’s attorneys, Dick Harpootlian. Murdaugh has confessed taking the 4.3 million dollars from the family of his longtime housekeeper and apologizes for the “mishandling” of the funds.
Dick Harpootlian is asking Murdaugh be granted a Personal Recognizance Bond, house arrest, and electronic monitoring on the the pending 48 state grand jury charges. Harpootlian says Murdaugh needs to return to a treatment facility.
Alex Murdaugh is addressing the judge. Murdaugh says he was in a depressed, dark place when he attempted to kill himself. Says he was in withdraws from opioids. Knew the news of his crimes would hurt Maggie’s, his family. Is working to help himself and his family.
Murdaugh says his head has “never been better and feels good.” Says he’s gone through inpatient treatment and was sick for several weeks in jail. Wants to face the charges, and repair what he’s done

Creighton Waters on behalf of the state, says Murdaugh should remain in jail. The state believes Murdaugh is a liability released from jail and is unhinged since his September 4th attempted suicide.

AM says he's feeling GREAT but DH says his client needs to go back to drug rehab*? Are these two guys even talking to each other? LOL

* I'm still not buying the opioid "addiction" BS. Clearly, AM's alleged "addiction" is the heart and soul of his defense, in fact, looks like his only defense. So, of course, DH can never let it go.

His attorney, Harpootlian, attempted to argue against that amount because he essentially did not have the money to pay it and asked the judge to reduce the number.

Judge Lee said she would entertain a motion to reconsider the bond hearing to $6.2 million in the future.

Judge grants $7M bond, sets conditions for Alex Murdaugh on State Grand Jury charges | WCBD News 2

And why doesn't AM have the money to pay his bond? Because all his ill-gotten $millions are in judicially appointed receivership! Talk about a self-inflicted catch-22. lol I almost feel sorry for DH, a hotshot brainiac with less than nothing to work with. smdh

Heavens let’s hope not but if any of his cronies try to put up that bail I’ll bet dollars to donuts it’s either stolen, laundered or illegally obtained. Any cronies AM has left need to be examined under a microscope. MOO
Perhaps his old college roommate/banker and Paul’s godfather, Chad Westendorf will give him a loan under the table. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities if he thinks Alex may turn States witness. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

Does AM have any cronies left that would raise $6.2 million for his bond?

Thought about a possibility, Barrett Boulware’s wife. They were friends at one point. I have wondered who the man is sitting on porch with MM where she’s wearing a silly hat, man with gray hair, scruffy beard, sunglasses on head.

Jmo

Thought about a possibility, Barrett Boulware’s wife. They were friends at one point. I have wondered who the man is sitting on porch with MM where she’s wearing a silly hat, man with gray hair, scruffy beard, sunglasses on head.

Jmo
Good possibility. Perhaps some blending of funds between the two families?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member