SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie Murdaugh, whose murder in June, along with her son’s, sparked a maelstrom of misconduct allegations and media attention for husband Alex Murdaugh, left all of her property to her husband when she died, according to a copy of her last will and testament.
It’s unclear what property Maggie Murdaugh owned when she died. However, her will, signed Aug. 15, 2005, appears to indicate that Alex Murdaugh is entitled to the family’s 1,770-acre property that straddles Hampton and Colleton counties.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article256742652.html

@Kacen
https://twitter.com/Kacen/status/1475111149976891399?s=20
New: Maggie Murdaugh left all of her property to Alex Murdaugh when she died, according to a copy of her last will and testament. Her will appears to indicate that Alex Murdaugh is entitled to "Moselle," where Maggie and Paul were found killed.
Alex's attorney Jim Griffin, reached by phone, said he had seen Maggie’s will and did not believe “in any form or fashion” that it would be a motive for his client to be involved in her death.
One oddity in Maggie’s will: her sister's name was crossed off and replaced with Randolph Murdaugh III — Maggie’s father-in-law, who died after a long illness three days after Maggie was killed.

The affidavit, John Marvin Murdaugh said, is intended to show that there is no issue between Maggie’s and Alex’s families.

Affidavit of Marian Proctor
DocumentCloud

Attachments

• 74B29CB2-43C6-4AE8-A61E-41262B94E274.png
    74B29CB2-43C6-4AE8-A61E-41262B94E274.png
    97 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Maggie Murdaugh Left Husband Alex All of Her Property in Will Before She Was Murdered
<snipped & BBM>
Alex was the original owner of the Islandton property but sold it to Maggie in 2016 for $5, property records show.

It is unclear why Alex transferred the estate into his wife's name.

It's also unclear why the name of Maggie's sister, Marian Proctor, was crossed out in pen in her will as the person Maggie chose to handle her estate, The Island Packet reports.

According to the paper, Maggie's sister's name was crossed out and replaced in handwriting with the name of Alex's father, renowned attorney Randolph Murdaugh III.

He died three days after Maggie and Paul were killed.

In an affidavit obtained by The Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette and signed on Dec. 9, Proctor says she didn't know she was listed as the person who would handle her sister's estate until Dec. 7.

On Dec. 13, Proctor renounced her right to handle the estate.

Instead, Maggie's brother-in-law, John Marvin Murdaugh, will handle the estate.

"We're all on very good terms," he told The Island Packet. "Maggie certainly is very innocent in all this, and I just want to serve her the best that I can."

Police have not yet arrested any suspects in Maggie and Paul's murders.

Ummm, does anyone else think it's more than obvious what happened here? I think it's worse than we even imagined. :eek:

Maggie Murdaugh Left Husband Alex All of Her Property in Will Before She Was Murdered
<snipped & BBM>
Alex was the original owner of the Islandton property but sold it to Maggie in 2016 for $5, property records show.

It's also unclear why the name of Maggie's sister, Marian Proctor, was crossed out in pen in her will as the person Maggie chose to handle her estate, The Island Packet reports.

According to the paper, Maggie's sister's name was crossed out and replaced in handwriting with the name of Alex's father, renowned attorney Randolph Murdaugh III.

In an affidavit obtained by The Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette and signed on Dec. 9, Proctor says she didn't know she was listed as the person who would handle her sister's estate until Dec. 7.

"We're all on very good terms," he told The Island Packet. "Maggie certainly is very innocent in all this, and I just want to serve her the best that I can."

Ummm, does anyone else think it's more than obvious what happened here? I think it's worse than we even imagined. :eek:

Whatever's going on with MM's will, it's got AM's fingerprints all over it.

JMO

<snipped & BBM>

Hope they have someone analyze the handwriting where Mrs. Proctor’s name is crossed out. The edit is not dated or initialed in margin, which I think could be a problem if pursued. MOO.

Oh why, oh why, can’t SLED speed up all the evidence collection they need to arrest someone on these murders!

Last edited:
<snipped & BBM>

NoName, would you care to spell out your theory within WS guidelines? Maybe it’s post-holiday brain fog but I’m not sure if I’m following your thinking.

Hope they have someone analyze the handwriting where Mrs. Proctor’s name is crossed out. The edit is not dated or initialed in margin, which I think could be a problem if pursued. MOO.

Oh why, oh why, can’t SLED speed up all the evidence collection they need to arrest someone on these murders!

BBM- Why? Once you charge, the clock starts. Especially with AM currently locked up, there is zero reasons to rush when they can be building a case and doing it correctly. You have one shot. (I'm still not in the boat that AM was the actual person who killed his wife/child but I think he is the cause of it.) Regardless, the above doesn't change. Similar in the Daybell/Vallow case. Everyone wanted them to be charged with murder but there was little to no reason to do it earlier unless you're literally ready to go which probably isn't the case given what we learn publicly fairly often. Everything is backed up right now, including analyzing data, etc...

I think SLED is on it but I don't think there is a reason to rush in charging in my opinion

Last edited:
The South Carolina Attorney General’s Office formally dropped two felony breach of trust charges against disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh last week for his alleged role in a scheme to steal $4.3 million from the family of the woman who helped raise his children.

The charges are being dismissed as part of what some have regarded as a shrewdly subversive plan to effectively reverse a judge’s previous order that denied Murdaugh bond.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/27...ed-against-alex-murdaugh-in-satterfield-case/

NoName, would you care to spell out your theory within WS guidelines? Maybe it’s post-holiday brain fog but I’m not sure if I’m following your thinking.
I'll paint a totally hypothetical picture:

A scheming, wheeling, dealing attorney puts a substantial asset in wife's name for protection. Said attorney then desperately needs financial access to asset.

Wife is suddenly murdered, executor of will is changed by pen mark through from asset owners' family member to an ailing, close family relative of scheming lawyer.

This relative dies coincidentally 3 days later. Now a very close relation to scumball attorney has been given control of asset.

Just things that make you go hmmmmmm....

MOO

BBM- Why? Once you charge, the clock starts. Especially with AM currently locked up, there is zero reasons to rush when they can be building a case and doing it correctly. You have one shot. (I'm still not in the boat that AM was the actual person who killed his wife/child but I think he is the cause of it.) Regardless, the above doesn't change. Similar in the Daybell/Vallow case. Everyone wanted them to be charged with murder but there was little to no reason to do it earlier unless you're literally ready to go which probably isn't the case given what we learn publicly fairly often. Everything is backed up right now, including analyzing data, etc...

I think SLED is on it but I don't think there is a reason to rush in charging in my opinion
Oh, I don’t want them to charge until they have everything they need to make it stick hard and fast. I just wish all the collecting could happen faster — that is what I am trying to say.

I’m also not sure AM pulled the trigger but it certainly sounds like he had connections to get the job done. I feel he and/or papa M were behind the double murders either through a corollary retaliation motive or family financial motive.

<snipped & BBM>

I agree !!
The Control factor is so obvious.

I just shake my head in disbelief with each new article I read.

The South Carolina Attorney General’s Office formally dropped two felony breach of trust charges against disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh last week for his alleged role in a scheme to steal $4.3 million from the family of the woman who helped raise his children.

The charges are being dismissed as part of what some have regarded as a shrewdly subversive plan to effectively reverse a judge’s previous order that denied Murdaugh bond.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/27...ed-against-alex-murdaugh-in-satterfield-case/
WOW!!!
Just WOW.
Anyone else would still be charged. although I guess investigation still pending ?? who knows with these people.
I just cannot believe how much these entitled, rich, controlling people get away with.

I'll paint a totally hypothetical picture:

A scheming, wheeling, dealing attorney puts a substantial asset in wife's name for protection. Said attorney then desperately needs financial access to asset.

Wife is suddenly murdered, executor of will is changed by pen mark through from asset owners' family member to an ailing, close family relative of scheming lawyer.

This relative dies coincidentally 3 days later. Now a very close relation to scumball attorney has been given control of asset.

Just things that make you go hmmmmmm....

MOO
I'm just curious...does anyone know the actual value of that Moselle land? I know its quite large in acreage but doesnt it include a lot of swampy land?

WOW!!!
Just WOW.
Anyone else would still be charged. although I guess investigation still pending ?? who knows with these people.
I just cannot believe how much these entitled, rich, controlling people get away with.
It seems that if the charge requires verbal testimony and is not reliant on just electronic records etc. that it is more difficult to make the charges stick. No one willing or daring to testify against "the empire"? MOO MOO MOO MOO

I would think without an added date or initials in margin, the crossing out of her sisters name on her will would be completely void wouldn’t it? I’d imagine that if you wanted to change the person in charge of your estate you’d need your lawyer to draft up an entirely new will. I really hope that they are not just letting this happen. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member