SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about a possibility, Barrett Boulware’s wife. They were friends at one point. I have wondered who the man is sitting on porch with MM where she’s wearing a silly hat, man with gray hair, scruffy beard, sunglasses on head.

Jmo
Don’t think I have seen that photo. Allowed to post?

Would Bouleware’s wife be kind’a elderly by now? I mean to get involved / put up funds.

Murdaugh told the court that he had been opioid-free for 98 days, and had completed 28 days of substance abuse treatment, adding that he would continue with drug treatment even if the judge didn't order it. He admitted that he needed more treatment, and was committed to it, but was not a danger to himself.

"My head is on straight now, and I'm thinking clearer than I have in a long time," Murdaugh said. "Your Honor, I have been humbled and surprised by the outpouring of love and support that I have received."

"I want to repair as much of the damage as I can, and repair as many of the relationships as I can," he added.

Alex Murdaugh apologizes to Satterfield Estate, to pay $4.3M judgment

State law enforcement agents in South Carolina – with assistance from their federal partners – are leading a wide-ranging investigation into alleged public corruption tied to the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga, multiple sources familiar with the status of the inquiry told me this week.

Details of the investigation are not immediately clear, however sources have said it focuses on allegations of judicial misconduct as well as alleged misconduct by various law enforcement and prosecutorial entities in the South Carolina Lowcountry, where the Murdaugh family has held sway over cops, prosecutors and judges for decades.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/16...ion-investigation-tied-to-disgraced-attorney/

I haven't been following this case, but it sort of amazes me the thousands of words being devoted to prescription drug addiction, insurance fraud and political corruption, with only a passing mention of the two murders.

Why isn't this guy terrified he and his son are going to be murdered like his wife and other son were, or why is he being given so much coverage for his 'rehabilitation', when he likely knows who did it, if it wasn't he himself?

I haven't been following this case, but it sort of amazes me the thousands of words being devoted to prescription drug addiction, insurance fraud and political corruption, with only a passing mention of the two murders.

Why isn't this guy terrified he and his son are going to be murdered like his wife and other son were, or why is he being given so much coverage for his 'rehabilitation', when he likely knows who did it, if it wasn't he himself?
- when he likely knows who did it, if it wasn’t he himself.
Indeed.

We are hoping this circles around to the murders of Maggie and Paul.

I wish I were an investigative reporter in the Low Country because I might know how to check for other business interests, real estate holdings, and living trusts (tax records?) that a family or individuals might own in addition to the most obvious. Attorneys who claim their client has no money might mean liquid assets and therefore technically aren’t misrepresenting the truth, but there must be trusts, land, and business equities in S.C. and maybe even out of state or off shore. I’m just letting my mind wander — MOO.

If someone knows how to research this stuff, might be interesting to know more about who has what.

@SenateCloakroom

Confirmed by voice vote: Exec. Cal. #617 Jamie L. Harpootlian to be Ambassador of the United States to the Republic of Slovenia.

Took about 6 months to clear her, short amount of time these days. Took me about a year back in the eighties and I was young and still lived at home and had never left the country.

MAY 12, 2021

Lawyer Jamie Harpootlian of Columbia being vetted for State Department post: sources

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article251289299.html

I wish I were an investigative reporter in the Low Country because I might know how to check for other business interests, real estate holdings, and living trusts (tax records?)

If someone knows how to research this stuff, might be interesting to know more about who has what.

To my very general knowledge, researching is dependent on how deep the assets are buried.

As another poster illustrated, many people in high risk professions and wealthy people take prior precautions to protect assets from law suits. That probably involves burying assets at varying degrees of depth.

On the surface, public County Tax records show who pays taxes on a specific property parcel. That usually equates to ownership- but not always. Likewise, in many States, the ownership of LLCs are public records.

But.... going deeper, some states allow a generic "holding company" that provides their services for fees to be listed on readily available pubic records as the owner of a particular LLC.

Further layers of depth can be added by having an LLC in one state owned by another LLC in Nevada or Delaware. It is probably also possible to have an LLC pay taxes / own a property parcel.

Delaware in particular has a decades long legal tradition of banking and cooperate secrecy. Nevada evidently likes Delaware's cards and has followed suite with similar laws. Some states, including Nevada and Wyoming also have legal trust arrangements that offer degrees of anonymity to owners.

I imagine that research that is not assisted by Court orders runs into a brick wall in Delaware, Nevada, Wyoming etc. Even research assisted by Court orders is probably very difficult- and perhaps de facto impossible in some or many cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members