SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin also shared that he met with his client over Labor Day weekend, on the morning before Murdaugh staged his own shooting.

Alex Murdaugh lawyer shares more details on unsolved slayings, staged shooting in interview

Griffin also shared that he met with his client over Labor Day weekend, on the morning before Murdaugh staged his own shooting.

During that conversation, Griffin said, Murdaugh explained that he had been accused of stealing money and ejected from the Hampton County law office of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick — which his great-grandfather had founded in 1910.

Griffin said, Murdaugh tried to meet with close friends that day to come clean. One of those friends refused to see him. At some point that day, Murdaugh "lost his will to live," Griffin said.

Griffin recounted that Murdaugh called a longtime acquaintance, Curtis Edward Smith, and asked him to meet. Griffin has described Smith as Murdaugh's opioid dealer, a characterization Smith and his lawyer have contested.

When the two met on the side of a rural Hampton County road, Murdaugh asked Smith to shoot him with a .38-caliber revolver, Griffin said.

The way i read this is Griffin was with AM. AM called CS to meet him. Wonder if the friend that refused was ask to meet him on the same rd.

Maybe he met with Griffin and gave him money to represent him.

Jmo

Life of Maggie Murdaugh, notorious murders' forgotten victim
“They own the police, they could always do whatever they wanted,” the family member told The Post. “There was no fear of consequences or repercussions to anything they did. If I owned the police in my town, I might do more myself!”

Do you think they even asked?

This is a good read and their point is spot on, these murders seem to have gotten lost. LE is always updating on the Alex saga but never even mention if they are even looking at the murders. I remain doubtful that they are any closer now than they were in June.

“He has a long-term oxycontin opiate addiction which … put him in a position where he did these stupid, illegal things,” the lawyer said, pointing out that his client used “opiates and barbiturates.”

AM's got to be one the luckiest 20-year druggies around. Long time use of opioids AND barbiturates. Those two classes of drugs don't mix well and usually it ends in quick death.

Cousin Eddie must have some very professional suppliers as barbiturates aren't really prescribed anymore and aren't even readily available on the black market...usually just giving in hospital before operations.

Alex Murdaugh knows he's 'going to prison': lawyer

“He has a long-term oxycontin opiate addiction which … put him in a position where he did these stupid, illegal things,” the lawyer said, pointing out that his client used “opiates and barbiturates.”

AM's got to be one the luckiest 20-year druggies around. Long time use of opioids AND barbiturates. Those two classes of drugs don't mix well and usually it ends in quick death.

Cousin Eddie must have some very professional suppliers as barbiturates aren't really prescribed anymore and aren't even readily available on the black market...usually just giving in hospital before operations.

Alex Murdaugh knows he's 'going to prison': lawyer

I have a hard time seeing Eddie as a long time drug dealer for similar reasons that you cite. I don’t think a dealer would last a long time in small town SC where the drug war is priority number one with LE. There is just too much talk. A well managed addiction I would find possible, just not likely. But somebody with resources can do a lot that commoners just can’t.

Alex Murdaugh lawyer shares more details on unsolved slayings, staged shooting in interview

During that conversation, Griffin said, Murdaugh explained that he had been accused of stealing money and ejected from the Hampton County law office of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick — which his great-grandfather had founded in 1910.

Griffin said, Murdaugh tried to meet with close friends that day to come clean. One of those friends refused to see him. At some point that day, Murdaugh "lost his will to live," Griffin said.

Griffin recounted that Murdaugh called a longtime acquaintance, Curtis Edward Smith, and asked him to meet. Griffin has described Smith as Murdaugh's opioid dealer, a characterization Smith and his lawyer have contested.

When the two met on the side of a rural Hampton County road, Murdaugh asked Smith to shoot him with a .38-caliber revolver, Griffin said.

The way i read this is Griffin was with AM. AM called CS to meet him. Wonder if the friend that refused was ask to meet him on the same rd.

Maybe he met with Griffin and gave him money to represent him.

Jmo

Griffin and AM met just hours before the fake roadside drama. Could they have both hatched that plan together? After all, AM needed some reason to morph himself into a "victim", to be instantly whisked away to "rehab" ... away from all his cascading legal / financial problems.

JMO

IDK But you’d think that two ppl wrestling for a gun and gun goes off in close proximity of both there would be gun shot residue on both.
I don’t recall seeing that on AM’s medical report.

What you say makes sense to me. Never thought about that. Thank you.
Maybe that's something LE is withholding. Just thinkin

In reference to the “forge” account at BoA.

The 3 closest ones are Seabrook island, north of Edisto. One in Beaufort, the other on the way to Hilton head just north of Bluffton.

Why not do the "assisted suicide" (excuse me while I LOL) at secluded Moselle? What was the point of doing it in broad daylight on the very public Salkehatchie Rd?
Well, yes. I think many of us believe this was an attempt to make it look like someone was “after” Alex, not an assisted suicide. Which begs the question, why would Alex and Eddie want investigators to think there was a killer after the Murdaughs?

IMHO I still think there is the possibility that AM had planned to shoot CES and blame the murders on him.

I thought about that too. That way he could pin the deaths on Eddie and he wouldn’t be around to defend himself. It wouldn’t be far fetched for AM to carry a gun, as long as it’s not the gun used for the murders. Not sure if AM is smart enough to position the body to align with the story though.

Randy is said to have told Griffin that the truck initially passed by Alex Murdaugh without incident as he changed the tire of his black Mercedes-Benz SUV on Salkehatchie Road.

But the driver of the truck then turned around and drove toward Murdaugh. Moments later, the gunman inside the truck opened fire, it has been alleged.

Gunman who shot South Carolina legal heir 'had driven past in pickup truck before turning round' | Daily Mail Online

If this is true then CS was coming from the opposite direction to have to turn around.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member