SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jmonkatthestate

Alex Murdaugh’s lawyers petition SC Supreme Court Tuesday asking it to overturn lower court order keeping Murdaugh indefinitely in jail without bond.

Murdaugh’s lawyers are relying on an ancient right - Habeas corpus - enshrined in Constitution - government cannot keep someone jailed indefinitely w/o exceptional reasons

This doesn't surprise me. It will be interesting to see what the report says.

While I don't agree with AM's action, he does have a constitutional right. Judge Newman has seemed as though he's trying to set the tone in this case but denying bond on the current charges has seemed strange to me from the beginning. I can see while ordering an evaluation but my assumption based on the motion is that the defense feels an adequate report has been provided and should be allowed bond. Just my opinion.

I have no doubt that justice will be served

Last edited:
I don’t know if his family knew him as well as they thought they did. I also have not heard of one friend stepping forward on his behalf. The few pictures of him don’t really say or tell alot. I personally don’t think he was around hampton much since his dad retired, other then get money/write checks at the firm. He probably isolated himself from people for fear of being questioned about their lawsuits.

Jmo

Great point, Elley. Agreed, beyond his attorneys, he doesn't seem to have much support from any quarter. If he does, they're sure being silent. Five deaths now associated with this family + plus AM's frauds, endless dramas and lord knows what else.

Maybe that's exactly why AM called unsuspecting CES to come "help" him because no one else would.

Does Eddie have an alibi for the double murder?
I suspect that a High-Powered Lawyer might have someone
on his payroll to clean up messes and do odd jobs.

I sort of suspect Alec was going to meet with Eddie, shoot him, sustain a minor injury, maybe leave some GSR on Eddie's hand and push Eddie as the killer of MM and PM. Eddie might have actually done that one.

Eddie allegedly conspired with and agreed to kill AM.
AM (theoretically) wanted to kill Eddie.
How is it that neither killed the other? LOL
I'm pretty sure AM had NO intention of dying that day and neither did Eddie.

As far as Eddie being the double murder "hitman"? Nah, I don't see it at all. First, too dangerous for AM to hire someone so close to him, i.e. his distant cousin and prior client. Much safer to outsource the job to an unknown entity, far removed from Hampton and AM's elite sphere. AM certainly had the money to afford the best.

Second, what realistic motive could cousin Eddie (he's FAMILY, even if somewhat removed) possibly have for executing MM and PM (especially in such a bloody, gruesome manner)? Remember, AM got indicted for lying / making a false police report - Eddie did not. Worse, Eddie was arrested / indicted on liar AM's story alone! If Eddie was the double murder "hitman" seems like he'd have NO problem whatsoever shooting and killing Alex. In my view, given everything we know so far, AM had real motive, means and opportunity to do the deadly deed himself.

Eddie consistently states that he refused AM's request to shoot / kill him and it's hard to argue with his claim since AM still walks and breathes, not to mention AM lacked all evidence of any head wounds (gunshot or otherwise) right out of the gate.

I still strongly believe that Eddie was set up by AM.

JMO

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255095857.html

In response, Harpootlian argued Tuesday that his client was the defendant in the wrongful death case, not the lawyer, therefore he wasn’t responsible for issuing the checks. But Satterfield’s attorneys said Murdaugh and his law firm played a part in the insurance settlements that the housekeeper’s sons never saw.

Bland also asked the judge to order that Murdaugh not be allowed to make any financial transactions. Recently, Murdaugh gave his son, Buster, a financial power of attorney, Bland said.

Waters told the judge that “$2.7 million is supposed to go to these boys back here.”

“This is a sad day for lawyers,” Bland told the judge. “Alex Murdaugh stained our profession. He also put a black eye on this state. We have never seen such a breach of trust.”

SLED agent Phillip Turner told the judge Tuesday that additional charges against Murdaugh could be coming.

“These are the charges that SLED felt comfortable bringing forward to you today,” he said.

BBM

But AM sure had no problem cashing those checks, did he?

AM is the Ringmaster in the Low Country's greatest Shi t Show. If it wasn't for the fact that there are innocent victims dead here and many others bamboozled and taken advantage of, AM and Cousin Eddie might be quite the comedic duo.

I definitely think ole' Eddie agreed to help AM stage an attempted roadside murder to throw the heat off AM for PM and MM. The story of wanting to commit suicide to leave BM the $10M life insurance is so beyond ludicrous. Fortunately, neither were smart enough to pull it off...go figure. :rolleyes:

Personally, I am enjoying AM's fall from grace and hope all of the other guilty parties are brought to justice.

#Justice4Paul,Maggie,Mallory,Gloria,Steven

MOO

Judge Newman is the one who’s hearing all the information about other investigations that aren’t just Satterfield-related” Bland said. “And he has his finger on the pulse and is privy to a lot of different things that are having to do with the grand jury, or whether they’re issuing search warrants or different subpoenas. He’s made the calculated decision, you know, after analyzing it and giving it a lot of thought — that he still represents a danger to the community and to himself. So just because they submitted an evaluation from a psychiatrist, who says that he’s an opioid addict, and that he was on his way to recovery, that doesn’t mean that he gets bond.”

Bland said it’s very possible that Newman saw the shady moves last week by him and his attorneys when he confessed judgment to prioritize settlement claims for his brother and former law partner.

Multiple attorneys told FITSNews that the latest move by the Murdaugh camp shows that Alex Murdaugh is begging to get out of the Richland County Detention Center.

“It’s a desperate act by a desperate man,” Bland said.

‘A Desperate Act By A Desperate Man’: Attorneys Petition To Get Alex Murdaugh Out Of Jail

Newman initially declined to let Murdaugh out on bail at an Oct. 19 hearing, saying he was worried the suspended attorney's admitted opioid addiction and personal unraveling make him a threat to himself and the public.

Newman asked Murdaugh's attorneys to furnish a psychiatric evaluation of their client. They provided the judge that write-up on Oct. 22, three days after the first bond hearing, according to Newman's order. Newman's ruling didn't disclose the findings of Murdaugh's psychiatric evaluation.

"After considering the arguments of counsel, the evaluation submitted, pending charges and other investigations, and the apparent character and mental condition of the defendant, the Court finds that the Defendant is a danger both to himself and the community," Newman wrote in his two-page order.

Alex Murdaugh denied bail after psychiatric evaluation; lawyers appeal to Supreme Court

AM is the Ringmaster in the Low Country's greatest Shi t Show. If it wasn't for the fact that there are innocent victims dead here and many others bamboozled and taken advantage of, AM and Cousin Eddie might be quite the comedic duo.

I definitely think ole' Eddie agreed to help AM stage an attempted roadside murder to throw the heat off AM for PM and MM. The story of wanting to commit suicide to leave BM the $10M life insurance is so beyond ludicrous. Fortunately, neither were smart enough to pull it off...go figure. :rolleyes:

Personally, I am enjoying AM's fall from grace and hope all of the other guilty parties are brought to justice.

#Justice4Paul,Maggie,Mallory,Gloria,Steven

MOO

I think his papa was the REAL ringmaster. Old school, kept everything lookin good, but knew exactly where to get the evil done, how to get the goods he needed.
I actually think AM was a lousy learner.

I think his papa was the REAL ringmaster. Old school, kept everything lookin good, but knew exactly where to get the evil done, how to get the goods he needed.
I actually think AM was a lousy learner.

Jmo

I think these shenanigans have been going on for bout 100 years, and yes I agree on lousy learner. After knowing what we know about him If I were a local I would have been suspicious of him having all he had and not working at 53. I mean come on did he win the lottery?

There was a case in this area years ago. Guy buys nice home, two fine sports cars, big boat and no job. Didn’t take long before he was busted.

Jmo

Bland told FITSNews that the receivers will have the power to investigate every financial transaction that Alex Murdaugh was directly or indirectly connected with.”

‘A Clear Message’: Judge Rules To Freeze Alex Murdaugh’s Assets, Appoint Receivers

Would the receivers have access to Murdaugh Trust 2?

On March 29, 2019, Renee Beach, Mallory's mother, filed a wrongful death civil suit in Hampton County Court of Common Pleas. In addition to other parties allegedly involved in the sale of alcohol to minors, and other Murdaugh family members, this wrongful death suit names Richard Alexander Murdaugh, Paul's father, individually and as Trustee of the Murdaugh Residence Trust 2. The Murdaugh Residence Trust 2 is a South Carolina Trust that owns two properties collectively referred to as “The Island” in the suit.

Mallory Beach estate files Lis Pendens on Alex Murdaugh's property

I have wondered if that property was Boulwares at one time.

Bland told FITSNews that the receivers will have the power to investigate every financial transaction that Alex Murdaugh was directly or indirectly connected with.”

‘A Clear Message’: Judge Rules To Freeze Alex Murdaugh’s Assets, Appoint Receivers

Would the receivers have access to Murdaugh Trust 2?

On March 29, 2019, Renee Beach, Mallory's mother, filed a wrongful death civil suit in Hampton County Court of Common Pleas. In addition to other parties allegedly involved in the sale of alcohol to minors, and other Murdaugh family members, this wrongful death suit names Richard Alexander Murdaugh, Paul's father, individually and as Trustee of the Murdaugh Residence Trust 2. The Murdaugh Residence Trust 2 is a South Carolina Trust that owns two properties collectively referred to as “The Island” in the suit.

Mallory Beach estate files Lis Pendens on Alex Murdaugh's property

I have wondered if that property was Boulwares at one time.

The Island is where the kids were the night of the boat crash. It belonged to Grandaddy M and that’s why he was named in the suit that paid out to the Beaches.

I’m still wanting to see MM’s autopsy report, seems there is something there they don’t want released.

I think that’s correct. We don’t know exactly where or how many times she was shot I don’t think.

I’m curious on this rifle that’s similar to the one Maggie was murdered with. I’m sure LE would make it clear to AA that he shouldn’t even dream of getting out on bail without producing that rifle.

The South Carolina Supreme Court named a judge who will oversee all pretrial matters in investigations related to prominent Lowcountry attorney Alex Murdaugh.

A court order filed Tuesday names Judge Clifton Newman to handle “pretrial matters relating to all pending and future criminal investigations” concerning the deaths of Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie Murdaugh; his son, Paul; the family’s longtime housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield; and Stephen Smith.

SC Supreme Court names judge to oversee Alex Murdaugh cases

Eddie allegedly conspired with and agreed to kill AM.
AM (theoretically) wanted to kill Eddie.
How is it that neither killed the other? LOL
I'm pretty sure AM had NO intention of dying that day and neither did Eddie.

As far as Eddie being the double murder "hitman"? Nah, I don't see it at all. First, too dangerous for AM to hire someone so close to him, i.e. his distant cousin and prior client. Much safer to outsource the job to an unknown entity, far removed from Hampton and AM's elite sphere. AM certainly had the money to afford the best.

Second, what realistic motive could cousin Eddie (he's FAMILY, even if somewhat removed) possibly have for executing MM and PM (especially in such a bloody, gruesome manner)? Remember, AM got indicted for lying / making a false police report - Eddie did not. Worse, Eddie was arrested / indicted on liar AM's story alone! If Eddie was the double murder "hitman" seems like he'd have NO problem whatsoever shooting and killing Alex. In my view, given everything we know so far, AM had real motive, means and opportunity to do the deadly deed himself.

Eddie consistently states that he refused AM's request to shoot / kill him and it's hard to argue with his claim since AM still walks and breathes, not to mention AM lacked all evidence of any head wounds (gunshot or otherwise) right out of the gate.

I still strongly believe that Eddie was set up by AM.

JMO
Something that really bothers me about a hired gun...if AM did hire someone (Interestingly he did say he tried to convince/hire Eddie) why were MM and PM not killed with the same weapon? Was it just done to confuse investigators, were there actually two assassins who preferred different weapons? I don't believe so.

One of the weapons was found/left at the murder scene. That's always made me think it could be a Murdaugh owned weapon. It's also been reported that the M's owned a weapon similar to the weapon that killed MM but it's yet to be located. So the Murdaugh weapon found at the the scene most likely wasn't the AR that killed MM. By process of elimination it must be the shotgun that killed PM that was left at the scene.

PM was most likely killed with a family weapon (IMO the shotgun) and MM was killed with an AR that the M's also were know to have had the same type but it's not been located. It's very intriguing to me. No wonder AM was named early on as a POI.

It just doesn't seem logical that a hitman was hired. AJMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members